Plymouth, NH
Plymouth State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Plymouth State University

Allison

My classmates, especially in my major, are very similar to me. We are pleasant and chat a bit before classes begin, but are rather introverted and tend to do things on our own. My classmates are nice and cheerful, but are focused and totally content with doing things on their own.

One of the most important things that I would tell my high school self would be to never fear or be conflicted by change. Whether it be changes in friends, housing, classes, jobs, majors or personal growth, everything will fall into place with a bit of faith. Adjusting to college life is hard, but it is rewarding and allows you the freedom to become the person that you want to be. Be spontaneous and adventurous without fear of trying new things; you may try something that doesn't work out, but that doesn't mean that you failed! It means that you put yourself out there and gave it a shot, no matter what the outcome. College is what you put into it, and nothing is worse than looking back on the years with regrets, so go for it! Focus on the present and live life to the fullest, whether that be taking an extra class or going out to social events with people you may not normally hang out with. College will be full of awkward and uncomfortable moments, but the good will far outweigh the bad. Live it up and don't be afraid of change!

I consider the size of Plymouth State University to be one of the best things about it. Although it can make for some fairly boring nights and limited social interactions, Plymouth has about 5,000 students which allows for small, intimate classes and connecting on a familiar level with professors. This is especially true in non-generic majors such as Anthropology, where a lecture class may have only 5 students, allowing for personal interaction with the professor and fellow students, and gives the professor a chance to tailer the lesson to the specific needs of said students.

Abrianna

As I had taken a couple of extra classes as a junior/senior in order to graduate early, the main thing I would tell myself is to not stress out about the little things. I would tell myself to enjoy the great things and opportunities that highschool has to offer before it is gone forever. Another important thing I'd tell myself is to respect your parents, because they are only trying to help; make lots of friends, they are there for support when you simply cannot talk to anyone else; and ask for help from teachers, they will most likely be happy to help! If I could go back and give myself one major bit of advice it'd be to keep pushing, as the outcome in the end is fantastic! I would tell myself that graduating early is not a mistake and that you have given youself a great opportunity.

I believe that I know what to expect when coming to this school. While I know it is a "party school" I believe I know how to limit myself and put my priorities in order. I know that many come to this school to party and get a degree, but I came to this school to learn. I chose this university because it is close to home and a smaller college.

When I tell my friends about Plymouth, I usually mention the beauty of the campus. In New Hampshire, we experience all of the seasons, and Plymouth demonstrates them beautifully. Another thing I brag about is how the university is built around the town. You can get to many shops and restaurants just by walking down the road a bit.

With my extensive and superior knowledge of college life and the transition from home to campus, my advice to my high school self would be to take a giant chill pill. I was frantic, thinking that I had to memorize all the facts about classes, financial aid, and scholarships. I was anxious, worrying nonstop about which college to attend, what to study, and how I was going to pay for it all. When it was about time to move in, I stayed up late, my brain telling me horror stories about failing my classes and not making any friends. What I really wish I could do is go back in time, take my senior-self into a warm, enveloping old-lady embrace, and tell her to calm down. Being a student at Plymouth State University has been an amazing experience that I would repeat again and again. It is a welcoming and enriching community which cares about my health and education. Last summer I was clinging to my mother’s apron, begging to stay home. I wish my high school self could see me this summer, counting down the days until I can go back home to Plymouth State University.

The best thing about Plymouth State University is the sense of community which comes with being a student here. I feel like I am apart of something which cares about me, my health, and my success. There are so many opportunities to become involved on campus by joining different clubs and affiliations as well as participating in university-sponsored activies. I feel like I belong, that I am safe, and that people care about how my future turns out.

I wouldn't give myself a warning about the school or college in general. In fact, the only thing I wish I had known was how much I would enjoy my time at Plymouth State University. I wish I could have seen just how enriching and welcoming the school and community would be. I had a lot of anxiety when it came to applying to colleges and leaving home. It would have eased my passage to know that it was right where I was supposed to be.

Mickayla Bea

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, it would be this…. Mickey Bea, you know who you are and who you want to be, do not let anyone or anything stand in your way. I know you may think that he is the one and he would never do anything to hurt you, do not fall for it, Do not put yourself in that situation. Let the old boy go, you will find a new one that will not put you in the position to choose him or your future. The new guy is not the one that you would expect so do not go out looking for him, he will fall in your lap and you will never be happier. You need to learn to forgive and not hold on to grudges, holding on to it will only make you exhausted. You can forgive someone but that does not mean that you will forget what they did. Your mother knows what she is talking about, and even though you may not want to admit it, she gives you the advice you need to hear. And lastly, Always remember to follow your heart and your dreams!

The best thing, so far, about Plymouth State is how welcoming the community is. Everyone seems so freindly and helpful. Plymouth is also not far from home so I can go home when in want.

The worst thing about Plymouth State is trying to find your way around. The camous is small but spread out so trying to find things and remember the names of the buildings is a small challenge.

stephanie

Don't stress the small things, be someone you'd like to meet, your truth differs from everyone else's truth, be willing to unlearn/relearn what you've learned already, don't judge, be patient, don't be black and white, love unconditionally, fear is a waste of life, don't label anything or anybody, live to be happy.

Kirah

The most important peice of advice i wished i knew and did more when firsting attending college is to socialize. Networking is so insanely important especially in the business field. I was a hermit for my first few years of college and it's my biggest regret. I developed social anxieties and now have to take classes on how to socialize with unfamiliar people and networking is a major challenge. I deffinitely underestimated how important socialization and communication is and now im paying for it.

Having to pay to attend. Other than that it's a great school!

The kind of person who shouldn't attend Plymouth State University is the kind of person who has no motivation towards acheiving an education.

Kate

Some are doing their best with the lot that they've been given, some are here to get drunk and party, and some are extremely dedicated to making the best of their college education.

I have always cared about my academic standing and wellbeing, and I would advise my past self to always remember to do your homework, and write assignments down. But I have noticed that since I came to college, I have completely thrown myself into homework and projects, and my health has suffered as a result. Stress is a killer, and I would like to advise myself to always leave a little time to relax, even if it's only reading a few pages of my book fifteen minutes before work, or taking a break from an essay to email a friend. I would especially ask my past self to take special time to email friends and keep in contact with the world outside of books and homework. To go outside and take a walk occasionally, and get in tune with outside life. I'm not sheltered, I just spend less time outside now, where I love to be, than I did in high school. Most importantly, I would encourage myself to remember that happiness is the most important goal in life, however you reach it.

I would recommend this school to anyone who is seriously dedicated to their education. The teachers at this school are extremely approachable and helpful, and seek to challenge their students. People who aren't afraid of hills or snow will love this college.

Nitsa

Find what makes you happy. There is no point in rushing through a life where you can not find raw joy everyday. I think if I could go back to talk to myself that is what I would emphasize on. I would stress the points that you dont need others approal to make you happy, you dont need to freak out about the future, and alcohol and partying is not always the best way to spend your weekends. Happiness comes from within, and when the four years of college are up that is when you need to take what you have been studying and do somethig that makes you happy, something you have passion for, something you love. There is not a second that is worth wasting, the past is the past and all you can do is learn from things, move forward, and ultimately be happy about life and the knowledge that is given from every lecture, every person you pass, every meal at the dining hall, and every interaction you can absorb. Everyday is a new day, grow, learn, embrace, and ultimately be happy.

I love the size of my school. It is small an intimate, though still big enough to where I can walk around and still see new faces everyday. It is nice to feel comfortable and like my school is actually like my home.

I think the best features of Plymouth State University is the sincerity with all of my professors. I cannot tell you how much I love all of my teachers, and courses. This may sound like ccomplete lies, but I thoroughly enjoy going to classes where my teachers are excited to teach and I get to be taught things I love.

Dominique

The friendly campus. Everyone that attends plymouth is just nice. It is really easy to make friends. Plymouth is also known for being a party school. Yeah, there are a lot of parties, but you don't have to be a partier to come to Plymouth. There are plenty of other things to do.

I would tell myself that I need to learn how to study and discipline myself and get my work done. It is easy to get caught up in social life and blow off your homework, but we can't do that. I would also tell myself to start saving my money now, because I'm not going to have any in the future. You will struggle to pay your bills. I would aldo tell myself to be open-minded about what you want to do when you grow up. You will change your mind about 100 times before you finally decide, and even after you decide you will come up with new ideas. Just open your mind and go with whatever makes you the happiest, it will come to you. You will find what you're passionate about, but it will take some exploring. Also, you will become best friends with Mom eventually, so start being nicer to her, because when you don't have money for laundry, she will start looking like an angel with Tide.

It really is a pretty diverse campus. Pretty much everyone is represented here. I would say that an outgoing person should attend Plymouth because of the social life here. A person that likes to have fun, while still knowing how to be a good student. It would definitely help if the person had a very strong studying ability.

colleen

Plymouth State University offers the best combination of online and classroom learning for full-time educators seeking to become administrators.

I looked at a lot of schools, from online degree programs to going somewhere nearby. I found that Plymouth was able to offer me an online degree that works with my own current employment. I am a teacher seeking an M.Ed. in Adminstration and I will be able to do my internship right in my own building. Plus, I can take most of my classes online. Some of the classes are hybrids, meaning I go to a few classes for the discussions and finish online. In short, the best of both worlds at Plymouth State University!

If I was a senior again, I would tell myself not to worry so much about what other people think. I went to a private school where everyone was worried about appearances. Now that I teach high school and watch how much students fuss and fret about what others think, my mature self sees how ridiculous it all is. Being true to who you are and want to be is more important than impressing everyone else. I wish I had known that when I was selecting a school and going off to college. The good thing is thatI know it now and, since I'm going to school again, I can learn from my own mistakes and begin anew.

Plymouth State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.