Plymouth, NH
Plymouth State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Plymouth State University

Kyle

Go into college with the right mindset and focus to get things done and fully take advantage of your educational opportunities. I have learned over this past year that college is what you make of it. You could be going to a terribly known college, that is only known for it's drinking and partying reputation, but if you put in the time and effort to utilize the information given to you, and find other alternatives to having fun outside of the assumed college ones, than college can be an amazing place and you are going to love it.

I wish I had known more about the classes and professors before I came here. Although most of my classes this year have been great and very knowledgable, I have had a couple classes that I regret taking, either because of the subject matter in the class, or simply because of how the professor decided to teach the class in an unothordox teaching style, which normally didn't help our lack of understanding.

A person who feels more conformtable in a college with a smaller population than some other larger schools. Unlike University of New Hampshire, Plymouth State University is much smaller and gives the campus a more friendly and homely vibe to it. People should also consider their majors before coming to Plymouth. This university has a phenomenal criminal justice programs, as well as a few other majors. It is not the most ideal place for an art major, or someone who perfers to live in the city with larger crowds of people.

Meghan

My school is best known for it's outstanding people and school unity. Everyone is so friendly and always welcoming. On campus, no matter who you look at you will see someone wearing Plymouth State apparel. Home men's ice hockey games and football games are almost always sold out. Sometimes people even have to be turned away from the hockey games because the buildings carrying capacity cannot contain that many individuals. The people who work for the school, right down to the breakfast cooks, are all extremely helpful and kind. They truly want to see everyone grow as individuals.

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself that transitioning to college life is a big step. There are going to be nights where you need mom and dad more then ever. So callthem and don’t be ashamed. They will always be there for you whether its 2 amor 7 pm. Don't be scared to put yourself out there and make friends! Being shy won’t do you any good. And if you're feeling, try to surround yourself with friends who will be there when you need to vent. Control the control-ables. Make most of the time you have. Before you know it you'll be halfway through your second semester of college wondering where the heck time went. Hang out with friends when you should be doing homework, you can sleep when you're dead. Make memories to laugh at later, and be proud of who you are. If you aren't close with anyone yet, just wait, someone amazing comes along and that new friendship will feel like an old one. Be patient with yourself, you’re more amazing then you realize. Enjoy life before you get old and grey. Live, love & laugh.

What I brag most about my school is how beautiful it is here. You can just look out from any window on campus and are taken back my the surrounding White Mountains that almost pretect this little town. During the winter, just walking across campus is like walking in a winter wonderland. The snow looks like glitter and no matter how many inches we get it always coats the campus perfectly like magic. During the fall, you are surrounded by the breathetaking colors of fall leaves, almost as if it gives New Hampshire is name for its famous fall colors.

Jacob

If time could be unwound and I could speak to my highschool senior self; I would thank him for getting me where I am today. My seinor year was supposed to be fun and lax. Mine was full of worry about college. Applying for scholarships, touring colleges, getting ready for the next big step in my life. I had no idea how I was going to pay for it. My mother had medical bills which my FASFA helped pay off. Currently I work two jobs and am also a full time student. To my highschool self I would just tell him everything would be fine and we would find a way no matter what. I would tell him college would be easier than he thought it would be; I would tell him there wouldnt be any bullies like highschool. He wouldn't be made fun of .

Bridget

My school is best known probably for its location. Plymouth State is located in the White Mountains and is right near many awesome ski mountains for the winter and rivers and camping spots for the summer. It is a short drive from so many different hikes and awesome parks.

If I could go back and give myself advice about college I would tell myself to take it easy. Ive learned that college, like life, is not going to be straightforward and uncomplicated. Things will get messy but thats ok becasue thats part of living. College is just a part of my life and i would tell myself that dont let people tell you its everything. Education is very important and I value it very highly but you cant be forced or scared into wanting an education. I would tell myself that college wont mean anything if you try to force it and take the easy way through. Its going to be a difficult time in your life where there will be more questions for you to answer than just those your teachers pose to you. I would say, Bridget, its ok to do things your way. I would tell myself that education is the one thing no one can ever take away from you so you should value it not becasue yoour mom wants you to but becasue it will be yours and no one will ever ba able to tell you other wise.

The best thing about my shcool is the fauclty. As a transfer student I was scared about the transferring process but everyone here made it virtually pain free. Every staff memeber really wants to help you and cares about you as more than just another student.

David

David, this is your future self and I want you to listen very carefully. Do not pursue the football recruiters, do not go to the expensive private school, think logically about the cost of your college education. First of all, football is not nearly as fun in college as it is in high school; the competition is much higher, it requires a lot more dedication (how do 7 am meetings before your 8:30 math classes sound? Yeah, I didn’t think so), and guess what, the small private school you want to go to doesn’t offer scholarships. This means they are not going to pick up the tab when it comes to the cost of school, but they want you to devote yourself to them. I repeat DO NOT FOLLOW THE RECRUITERS. You will be much happier playing something like rugby (you rock at it by the way) and you can find rugby at almost any 4 year college. UC Irvine has an awesome rugby pitch, and it is close to the beach (take surf lessons). Also, major in mechanical engineering instead of physics, trust me, it’ll pay off in the end. -Your Future, and Wiser Self.

Christina

As a high school senior, I'd become so burnt out by life. At 17, I felt like I'd already taken on the world. My mother had been diagnosed with terminal kidney failure, and she had been placed in a nursing home. My family seemed to be in shambles. If I could go back in time and speak with myself from then, I would tell her to enjoy life. I would tell her to relax a little, and take some personal time. I would tell her that it's okay to fall sometimes, to feel helpless and lost, but the important thing is to get back up and figure out what went wrong. And despite it being unpopular advice, I would advise her to take time off before going back to school. The time I spent soul-searching between high school and college taught me more about myself than any class ever could, and rededicated me to my education, and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Meagan

My classmates are always there for you wheter you need them educationaly, emotionaly, and will always give moral support.

I would tell myself to be the best I can be. The amount of work you put into school is worth it in the end. Going to Plymouth State univeristy will be the best decision I will ever make. They have a great student body and facculty. You wil have the best time in your life and will make unforgettable memories.

This school is very accepting of every type of student. I would recommend people who do not want to go to school in a busy city. This school is in the middle of the white mountains with not many things to do outside of the town unless if you love nature. It is a great place to go to school if you love nature, hiking, snowboarding and skiing.

Roland

My school was rather small, but it was my whole world. I would know that I still have alot to learn.

My group of friends. We share our love of the arts.

Time management. There is never enough time to balance all, education, working and social life.

Chelsey

Friendly party people who know when to get serious

Friendly party people who know when to get serious

I would tell my younger self to take the English Education Major and choose the Creative Writing Minor instead of the other way around.

Hal

If I met myself in the distant past the first thing I would tell my self is get take the ACT as many times as possible. The second thing I would tell myself is to get out of band because it is not my calling. I know me and I would be asking a billion questions about the future. I would be hopeful that I listened to myself. Another is that even though I was very active in high school could have done way more. I would tell myself what college I'm currently attending and my major. This way all the experiment with majors might be avoided. If purpose could come back and make it self known to me I would gladly listen in to it.

Plymouth State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.