Plymouth, NH
Plymouth State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Plymouth State University

Austin

The location is one thing that sets this campus apart from others that I looked into. I am an advid outdoorsman who loves the mountains year round. PSU is in the heart of the White Mountains and provides many opotunities for recreations and discounts to local ski mountains that make it possible to have fun on a budget.

To my former self who was worried about what major to pick and really not sure of himself I would tell him to think about what he loves to do in his free time, what really makes his soul shine and persue that. Even if not as a major at first at least to focus in that directions because in the end you will either end up changing your major to something in that direction or you will regret your years at college and someday realize that you don't like what you're doing. I feel lucky that mid was through my second year of undergratute school I realized that I was on the wrong path and was able to make that change to something that I really do love to do and now I'm going to graduate school and I've never been more sure of my path.

PSU is a small campus that is right next to a small downtown strip. Classes are small, intimate, and proffesors are very easy to get a hold of. The university and town provide plenty of work opotunities and local employers are flexible with schedules that make working and going to school easy. My advisors here have always had time to talk and help me with a school problem and the financial aid offices are full of nice helpful people.

Danielle

just take one day at a time, projects are going to run more then one day and that okay. you can not just dedicate 100% of you time to school 100% of the time. You are their for school but, you are also their for experiences. Take a deep breath. these years are what is going to make you or break you as a teacher.

most of the teachers, especia;;y the ones in a major program really care about you as a learner and try to help in anyway they can.

the class sizes are that of a high school class, they are small and allow for more personal conncections between other students and your professor

Gabrielle

My classmates are very focussed students who also know how to time manage in their fun.

I started off my college career at Plymouth State University. I was forced to this school by my father who was an alumni. He was very adamant about what this school has to offer. I had my heart set on the University of New Hampshire. I spent the first semester of my college career at Plymouth and then transferred to UNH my spring semester of my freshman year. I ended up going back to Plymouth because I realized that a person can get the same education anywhere. I would tell myself to go to Plymouth save as much money as I could but go to school with a good attitude and the education will work for you. I strongly believe you can get the same education anywhere it all depends on your drive and your attitude.

I brag about the friendliness of what my school offers. Friendliness makes a difference between wanting to continue pursuing college or jeporidizing dropping out.

I would let myself know that grades are everything, don't get married till after you graduate college. Always save your money because the economy is going to get alot worse than it is right now. Do not invest in 401K. Join as many clubs as you can, and do as much volunteer work as you like. Scholarships like that kind of stuff. Do not put off doing your SAT/ACT, its very important for colleges and scholarships to see that you are determined and know your stuff. Never slack off in your college studies, always try your hardest. It will be tough but I know that you can do it, I believe in you.

nick

My school is best known for its sports teams and the mountain setting that it is located in. It is located near 4 ski areas within 15 miles. If you are into the outdoor this is the place for you. It is near the white mountain national forest, and their is plenty to do from snowboarding to hiking in the white mountains. Their is also a mountain bike park nearby.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself I would set myself straight about the importance of an education. I would tell myself to try harder in highschool and train harder in the sports that I played so thay I could have better options for getting into college. I would have said that I should take tuffer classes and put a greater effort in highschool. Also I would have told myself to get more involved in school and in my community because this goes along way in life and when you are trying to get into a good school. I would also tell my self to learn to deal with lifes issues better and make good decisions throughout life. Keeping fit and healthy goes a long way throughout life. I would also tell myself to never give up and keep putting one foot in front of the other and just keep pushing through school and get as much education as you can. College might be difficult here and there but in the long run it will payoff in the end.

I wish that I had known that this school had and outdoor education major. Also I wish that I had planned better and did better in highschool and went into college right out of highschool instead of going into the military. Having a college helps you out going into the military as an officer instead of as an enlisted person. It would also have been better to go to college with people my own age instead of going back to school in my 30s with a bunch of kids. I wish I just made better choices when I was younger.

I'm not exactly sure what we are best known for, but I would say our business and sales programs are incredibly strong programs. We like to take our school work seriously but also know how to relax and have a good time.

Somebody who is going to be able to focus and put efficient effort into their school work but make time for a social life as well. They should be serious about getting good grades but willing to have a good time as well.

Gina

I needed to have a little conversation with myself, so I said, “Self?” My self said,”Hmm?” And this is what I said. Dear Self, You think you probably know everything there is to know about college, but let me tell you… you got another thing coming. College is not just about furthering your education; it is about creating and molding yourself into the person you aspire to be one day. Going to college is going to open your eyes and broaden your horizon. Without a shadow of a doubt, you are going to make mistakes; you are going to fall, and you are going to feel like you cannot do this at times, but that is just part of the experience and you will learn from it. Don’t just say, “I quit.” Doing that is not going to get you anywhere. Keep your eyes on the prize. Something I really want to stress is time management. Use your time wisely because you cannot get it back. Make sure you attend all of your classes because if you miss one, you’ll be behind in that subject, and prioritize! You have the power and skills to make it happen.

Chelsea

Plymouth State University is a college which you have to want to do well in order to actually succeed. Many of the students here say that it is a "drinking school with an education problem". After having gone through two years here, there are many things I wish that I could go back in time and tell myself. The biggest piece of advice that I would give myself is to choose your friends wisely. When I started off here at PSU, I got in with the wrong group of people and made a few poor decisions. It wasn't until I hit rock bottom that I realized I needed to make some major life changes. Now, being a sophmore in college, I have gotten my life back on track and made a strong group of friends that support me in all of my choices. When you move out on your own, it is hard to remind yourself to stay above the influence and make the right choices. The person I was last year and the person I am today are two completely different people. Choosing the right friends is the most important aspect of being successful in college.

Exactly how big of a party/drug school it was.

It is a huge party school, which I do not like. If you are not into the party drug scene, it is not the right school for you. Many people, like I am next semester, commute due to this.

Dana

I have a diverse group of classmates that bring unique qualities to the classroom.

Going to school far away from home to prove you are independent is not always the best idea. In college, you will finally realize how important your family is for your sanity and to keep you grounded. When making your decision, stick with the major you have become passionate about but maybe go to a school closer to home. Heads up, city life is not all it's cracked up to be; trust me, you will miss the country life!

Some one who enjoys city life should not attend Plymouth.

Rebecca

Plymouth State University is a relatively small campus. It is located in a pretty small town in New Hampshire. People who like smaller class sizes and more rural surroundings would thrive at PSU. It is very personal.

If someone prefers the city, or wants to attend a large college Plymouth state is not for them.

Plymouth State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.