Plymouth State University Top Questions

Greg

There is one key piece of advice I would have for moving onto college. Make friends, go out and do things and don't spend your entire first semester without any true friends. It doesn't have to be a lot, but then it doesn't have to be just a few. Find the number that is right for you. College is about experiencing new( preferably safe) things, and you have no idea how much happier you'll be with a solid core of friends by your side. A regular meal time with four friends will do more for you then you can realize right now. But it is something which you will come to love and treasure when you have it, and crave it whenever it can't happen, or whenever the entire family isn't there. You'll never know how happy you can be until you experience life with a few people you love and trust. Just take care of yourself, and take care of your friends, and go out and live and experience that life. Trust me, a few close friends will make you wonder how you made it through the past four years without them.

Alexia

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a high school senior I would tell my self many things. I would tell my self not to stress and relax, everything is going to work out. I would also tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible becuase paying for school is not going to be easy!

kateri

Don't give up!

Jack

Dear Jack, as you are getting ready to start your college I thought I would give you some tips about making the transition. The most important piece of information I can give you is to find a good group of students to become friends with. Find like-minded people who want to do well in school. Avoid the people who are just at college for the parties whose parents pay for everything. As you get into the new found independence you must learn to balance socializing with friends and doing school work. You can always hang out with your friends later; sometimes your school work can't wait! Just remember to take it easy. College can be some of the greatest years of your life but it can be turned upside down any minute. Don't go with the crowd be your own man and do what makes you happy.

bianca

I would tell myself that you need to be prepared to work hard for your education. If you want a good grade you have to work for it. I would also tell myself if you need help fight for it and work hard. There is always help for those who need it you just have to be willing to look for it. Sometimes asking for help isn't always a bad thing. Some people will say no but then there are the others who go the extra distance to insure you get the help you deserve. Push the limits and never stop until you get what you need. There will be long nights and assignments that seem impossible but it is those nights and assignments that show you who you are and what you are capable of.

Trisha

There are so many things that I would go back and tell my high school senior self. A major one would be that the work is worth it. All the late night homework assignments will pay off and the stress of college admissions will end and it will turn into something amazing. It is very important to listen to what your teachers have to say to you, they know what they are talking about, they have been in the same exact spot that you're in now. Take every bit of advice that you can from them, because, trust me, it will come in handy. Don't be so hard on yourself about a bad SAT score, because even though it may be important, it does not measure your worth as a student. Having a tutor is a glorious thing, they help so much and a lot of the time can get you to understand something better than your professor can. And lastly, do NOT procrastinate. Procrastination is an evil thing to get caught up in, just stay focused and force yourself to sit down and do your work!

If I could go back I would tell my high school self to take one semester off and travel or something crazy to help me find myself before leaving for college. I have changed my major three different times because of not knowing who I really was and what my true calling is. After my second change in major I took a semester off and worked full time and traveled around and figured out my passion was helping people. Last year when I enrolled in Social Work classes I knew immediately this was what I was meant to be doing and found my passion. The one semester that I took to myself and really got to focus on ME was so beneficial!

Marina

Learn more Math. It will certainly come in handy.

bianca

I would tell my self to visit the colleges i wanted to attend more than once. I have now attended three colleges. First was NHTI where i left after a year since i was home sick since my dad had just passed away. Second was WMCC where i graduated with an associates. I am now currently enrolled in Plymouth State University. My second piece of advice is to take more ruunning start courses to cut the cost down on college classes.

One of the most important things that I would tell my high school self would be to never fear or be conflicted by change. Whether it be changes in friends, housing, classes, jobs, majors or personal growth, everything will fall into place with a bit of faith. Adjusting to college life is hard, but it is rewarding and allows you the freedom to become the person that you want to be. Be spontaneous and adventurous without fear of trying new things; you may try something that doesn't work out, but that doesn't mean that you failed! It means that you put yourself out there and gave it a shot, no matter what the outcome. College is what you put into it, and nothing is worse than looking back on the years with regrets, so go for it! Focus on the present and live life to the fullest, whether that be taking an extra class or going out to social events with people you may not normally hang out with. College will be full of awkward and uncomfortable moments, but the good will far outweigh the bad. Live it up and don't be afraid of change!

Abrianna

As I had taken a couple of extra classes as a junior/senior in order to graduate early, the main thing I would tell myself is to not stress out about the little things. I would tell myself to enjoy the great things and opportunities that highschool has to offer before it is gone forever. Another important thing I'd tell myself is to respect your parents, because they are only trying to help; make lots of friends, they are there for support when you simply cannot talk to anyone else; and ask for help from teachers, they will most likely be happy to help! If I could go back and give myself one major bit of advice it'd be to keep pushing, as the outcome in the end is fantastic! I would tell myself that graduating early is not a mistake and that you have given youself a great opportunity.

With my extensive and superior knowledge of college life and the transition from home to campus, my advice to my high school self would be to take a giant chill pill. I was frantic, thinking that I had to memorize all the facts about classes, financial aid, and scholarships. I was anxious, worrying nonstop about which college to attend, what to study, and how I was going to pay for it all. When it was about time to move in, I stayed up late, my brain telling me horror stories about failing my classes and not making any friends. What I really wish I could do is go back in time, take my senior-self into a warm, enveloping old-lady embrace, and tell her to calm down. Being a student at Plymouth State University has been an amazing experience that I would repeat again and again. It is a welcoming and enriching community which cares about my health and education. Last summer I was clinging to my mother’s apron, begging to stay home. I wish my high school self could see me this summer, counting down the days until I can go back home to Plymouth State University.

Mickayla Bea

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, it would be this…. Mickey Bea, you know who you are and who you want to be, do not let anyone or anything stand in your way. I know you may think that he is the one and he would never do anything to hurt you, do not fall for it, Do not put yourself in that situation. Let the old boy go, you will find a new one that will not put you in the position to choose him or your future. The new guy is not the one that you would expect so do not go out looking for him, he will fall in your lap and you will never be happier. You need to learn to forgive and not hold on to grudges, holding on to it will only make you exhausted. You can forgive someone but that does not mean that you will forget what they did. Your mother knows what she is talking about, and even though you may not want to admit it, she gives you the advice you need to hear. And lastly, Always remember to follow your heart and your dreams!

stephanie

Don't stress the small things, be someone you'd like to meet, your truth differs from everyone else's truth, be willing to unlearn/relearn what you've learned already, don't judge, be patient, don't be black and white, love unconditionally, fear is a waste of life, don't label anything or anybody, live to be happy.

Kirah

The most important peice of advice i wished i knew and did more when firsting attending college is to socialize. Networking is so insanely important especially in the business field. I was a hermit for my first few years of college and it's my biggest regret. I developed social anxieties and now have to take classes on how to socialize with unfamiliar people and networking is a major challenge. I deffinitely underestimated how important socialization and communication is and now im paying for it.

I have always cared about my academic standing and wellbeing, and I would advise my past self to always remember to do your homework, and write assignments down. But I have noticed that since I came to college, I have completely thrown myself into homework and projects, and my health has suffered as a result. Stress is a killer, and I would like to advise myself to always leave a little time to relax, even if it's only reading a few pages of my book fifteen minutes before work, or taking a break from an essay to email a friend. I would especially ask my past self to take special time to email friends and keep in contact with the world outside of books and homework. To go outside and take a walk occasionally, and get in tune with outside life. I'm not sheltered, I just spend less time outside now, where I love to be, than I did in high school. Most importantly, I would encourage myself to remember that happiness is the most important goal in life, however you reach it.

Nitsa

Find what makes you happy. There is no point in rushing through a life where you can not find raw joy everyday. I think if I could go back to talk to myself that is what I would emphasize on. I would stress the points that you dont need others approal to make you happy, you dont need to freak out about the future, and alcohol and partying is not always the best way to spend your weekends. Happiness comes from within, and when the four years of college are up that is when you need to take what you have been studying and do somethig that makes you happy, something you have passion for, something you love. There is not a second that is worth wasting, the past is the past and all you can do is learn from things, move forward, and ultimately be happy about life and the knowledge that is given from every lecture, every person you pass, every meal at the dining hall, and every interaction you can absorb. Everyday is a new day, grow, learn, embrace, and ultimately be happy.

Dominique

I would tell myself that I need to learn how to study and discipline myself and get my work done. It is easy to get caught up in social life and blow off your homework, but we can't do that. I would also tell myself to start saving my money now, because I'm not going to have any in the future. You will struggle to pay your bills. I would aldo tell myself to be open-minded about what you want to do when you grow up. You will change your mind about 100 times before you finally decide, and even after you decide you will come up with new ideas. Just open your mind and go with whatever makes you the happiest, it will come to you. You will find what you're passionate about, but it will take some exploring. Also, you will become best friends with Mom eventually, so start being nicer to her, because when you don't have money for laundry, she will start looking like an angel with Tide.

colleen

If I was a senior again, I would tell myself not to worry so much about what other people think. I went to a private school where everyone was worried about appearances. Now that I teach high school and watch how much students fuss and fret about what others think, my mature self sees how ridiculous it all is. Being true to who you are and want to be is more important than impressing everyone else. I wish I had known that when I was selecting a school and going off to college. The good thing is thatI know it now and, since I'm going to school again, I can learn from my own mistakes and begin anew.

Go into college with the right mindset and focus to get things done and fully take advantage of your educational opportunities. I have learned over this past year that college is what you make of it. You could be going to a terribly known college, that is only known for it's drinking and partying reputation, but if you put in the time and effort to utilize the information given to you, and find other alternatives to having fun outside of the assumed college ones, than college can be an amazing place and you are going to love it.

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself that transitioning to college life is a big step. There are going to be nights where you need mom and dad more then ever. So callthem and don’t be ashamed. They will always be there for you whether its 2 amor 7 pm. Don't be scared to put yourself out there and make friends! Being shy won’t do you any good. And if you're feeling, try to surround yourself with friends who will be there when you need to vent. Control the control-ables. Make most of the time you have. Before you know it you'll be halfway through your second semester of college wondering where the heck time went. Hang out with friends when you should be doing homework, you can sleep when you're dead. Make memories to laugh at later, and be proud of who you are. If you aren't close with anyone yet, just wait, someone amazing comes along and that new friendship will feel like an old one. Be patient with yourself, you’re more amazing then you realize. Enjoy life before you get old and grey. Live, love & laugh.

If time could be unwound and I could speak to my highschool senior self; I would thank him for getting me where I am today. My seinor year was supposed to be fun and lax. Mine was full of worry about college. Applying for scholarships, touring colleges, getting ready for the next big step in my life. I had no idea how I was going to pay for it. My mother had medical bills which my FASFA helped pay off. Currently I work two jobs and am also a full time student. To my highschool self I would just tell him everything would be fine and we would find a way no matter what. I would tell him college would be easier than he thought it would be; I would tell him there wouldnt be any bullies like highschool. He wouldn't be made fun of .

Bridget

If I could go back and give myself advice about college I would tell myself to take it easy. Ive learned that college, like life, is not going to be straightforward and uncomplicated. Things will get messy but thats ok becasue thats part of living. College is just a part of my life and i would tell myself that dont let people tell you its everything. Education is very important and I value it very highly but you cant be forced or scared into wanting an education. I would tell myself that college wont mean anything if you try to force it and take the easy way through. Its going to be a difficult time in your life where there will be more questions for you to answer than just those your teachers pose to you. I would say, Bridget, its ok to do things your way. I would tell myself that education is the one thing no one can ever take away from you so you should value it not becasue yoour mom wants you to but becasue it will be yours and no one will ever ba able to tell you other wise.

David, this is your future self and I want you to listen very carefully. Do not pursue the football recruiters, do not go to the expensive private school, think logically about the cost of your college education. First of all, football is not nearly as fun in college as it is in high school; the competition is much higher, it requires a lot more dedication (how do 7 am meetings before your 8:30 math classes sound? Yeah, I didn’t think so), and guess what, the small private school you want to go to doesn’t offer scholarships. This means they are not going to pick up the tab when it comes to the cost of school, but they want you to devote yourself to them. I repeat DO NOT FOLLOW THE RECRUITERS. You will be much happier playing something like rugby (you rock at it by the way) and you can find rugby at almost any 4 year college. UC Irvine has an awesome rugby pitch, and it is close to the beach (take surf lessons). Also, major in mechanical engineering instead of physics, trust me, it’ll pay off in the end. -Your Future, and Wiser Self.

As a high school senior, I'd become so burnt out by life. At 17, I felt like I'd already taken on the world. My mother had been diagnosed with terminal kidney failure, and she had been placed in a nursing home. My family seemed to be in shambles. If I could go back in time and speak with myself from then, I would tell her to enjoy life. I would tell her to relax a little, and take some personal time. I would tell her that it's okay to fall sometimes, to feel helpless and lost, but the important thing is to get back up and figure out what went wrong. And despite it being unpopular advice, I would advise her to take time off before going back to school. The time I spent soul-searching between high school and college taught me more about myself than any class ever could, and rededicated me to my education, and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Meagan

I would tell myself to be the best I can be. The amount of work you put into school is worth it in the end. Going to Plymouth State univeristy will be the best decision I will ever make. They have a great student body and facculty. You wil have the best time in your life and will make unforgettable memories.

Roland

My school was rather small, but it was my whole world. I would know that I still have alot to learn.

Chelsey

I would tell my younger self to take the English Education Major and choose the Creative Writing Minor instead of the other way around.

Hal

If I met myself in the distant past the first thing I would tell my self is get take the ACT as many times as possible. The second thing I would tell myself is to get out of band because it is not my calling. I know me and I would be asking a billion questions about the future. I would be hopeful that I listened to myself. Another is that even though I was very active in high school could have done way more. I would tell myself what college I'm currently attending and my major. This way all the experiment with majors might be avoided. If purpose could come back and make it self known to me I would gladly listen in to it.

To my former self who was worried about what major to pick and really not sure of himself I would tell him to think about what he loves to do in his free time, what really makes his soul shine and persue that. Even if not as a major at first at least to focus in that directions because in the end you will either end up changing your major to something in that direction or you will regret your years at college and someday realize that you don't like what you're doing. I feel lucky that mid was through my second year of undergratute school I realized that I was on the wrong path and was able to make that change to something that I really do love to do and now I'm going to graduate school and I've never been more sure of my path.

just take one day at a time, projects are going to run more then one day and that okay. you can not just dedicate 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of you time to school 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the time. You are their for school but, you are also their for experiences. Take a deep breath. these years are what is going to make you or break you as a teacher.

I started off my college career at Plymouth State University. I was forced to this school by my father who was an alumni. He was very adamant about what this school has to offer. I had my heart set on the University of New Hampshire. I spent the first semester of my college career at Plymouth and then transferred to UNH my spring semester of my freshman year. I ended up going back to Plymouth because I realized that a person can get the same education anywhere. I would tell myself to go to Plymouth save as much money as I could but go to school with a good attitude and the education will work for you. I strongly believe you can get the same education anywhere it all depends on your drive and your attitude.

I would let myself know that grades are everything, don't get married till after you graduate college. Always save your money because the economy is going to get alot worse than it is right now. Do not invest in 401K. Join as many clubs as you can, and do as much volunteer work as you like. Scholarships like that kind of stuff. Do not put off doing your SAT/ACT, its very important for colleges and scholarships to see that you are determined and know your stuff. Never slack off in your college studies, always try your hardest. It will be tough but I know that you can do it, I believe in you.

nick

If I could go back in time to talk to myself I would set myself straight about the importance of an education. I would tell myself to try harder in highschool and train harder in the sports that I played so thay I could have better options for getting into college. I would have said that I should take tuffer classes and put a greater effort in highschool. Also I would have told myself to get more involved in school and in my community because this goes along way in life and when you are trying to get into a good school. I would also tell my self to learn to deal with lifes issues better and make good decisions throughout life. Keeping fit and healthy goes a long way throughout life. I would also tell myself to never give up and keep putting one foot in front of the other and just keep pushing through school and get as much education as you can. College might be difficult here and there but in the long run it will payoff in the end.

Gina

I needed to have a little conversation with myself, so I said, “Self?” My self said,”Hmm?” And this is what I said. Dear Self, You think you probably know everything there is to know about college, but let me tell you… you got another thing coming. College is not just about furthering your education; it is about creating and molding yourself into the person you aspire to be one day. Going to college is going to open your eyes and broaden your horizon. Without a shadow of a doubt, you are going to make mistakes; you are going to fall, and you are going to feel like you cannot do this at times, but that is just part of the experience and you will learn from it. Don’t just say, “I quit.” Doing that is not going to get you anywhere. Keep your eyes on the prize. Something I really want to stress is time management. Use your time wisely because you cannot get it back. Make sure you attend all of your classes because if you miss one, you’ll be behind in that subject, and prioritize! You have the power and skills to make it happen.

Plymouth State University is a college which you have to want to do well in order to actually succeed. Many of the students here say that it is a "drinking school with an education problem". After having gone through two years here, there are many things I wish that I could go back in time and tell myself. The biggest piece of advice that I would give myself is to choose your friends wisely. When I started off here at PSU, I got in with the wrong group of people and made a few poor decisions. It wasn't until I hit rock bottom that I realized I needed to make some major life changes. Now, being a sophmore in college, I have gotten my life back on track and made a strong group of friends that support me in all of my choices. When you move out on your own, it is hard to remind yourself to stay above the influence and make the right choices. The person I was last year and the person I am today are two completely different people. Choosing the right friends is the most important aspect of being successful in college.

Going to school far away from home to prove you are independent is not always the best idea. In college, you will finally realize how important your family is for your sanity and to keep you grounded. When making your decision, stick with the major you have become passionate about but maybe go to a school closer to home. Heads up, city life is not all it's cracked up to be; trust me, you will miss the country life!

morgan

I would tell myself not to make applying to schools so stressful. Only apply schools that you could actually see yourself attending. Then when you find out what schools you are accepted to visit each school, and on the way home from the school write down allthe pros and cons about it. Then after you have visited all the schools and are going to make your decision on where to go you have an accurate list of pros and cons and not just trying to make them up on the spot. You will then know which school is the best fit for you.

Florencia

When I was in High School I didn't even want to go to college, I had just applied to make my parents happy. If I could tell myself something back then I would say, definitly attend college. It is an amazing experience and it feels good to feel independent and live on your own. I have met so many people and learned so much about myself that I wouldn't take it back for anything. I would say to have for faith in myself and believe that I am just as capable of attending and graduating college as anyone else. Lastly, I would say that if I want something I can achieve it with hard work and motivation.

If I could go back to being a high school senior the greatest advice I could give myself was the take every single shift at work I could possibly fit into my schedule. Save every penny possibly becasue college is not cheap and it not having any money is not fun. Also, make sure to put away time as a senior in highschool to get school work done. College life is a huge change and it is extremely easy to get caught up in the moment. Its important for your mental health and academics to stay alert and aware of what is due and when deadlines are.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would give myself a lot of advice. One thing I would tell myself is that I do not need to worry so much about what I am going to do for a career. A lot of people still do not know what they are doing with thier life. I would also assure myself that college is not scary. When I was in high school, I was scared to death to start college. I did not know what to expect and I knew it would be different from what I was used to. Then I realized that it is just another phase in my life and the transition was very smooth. The last thing I would say to myself would be to go out and make friends. I did not really do that and I reallly wish I did. I just stuck around with the people I already knew instead of meeting new people.

Jaseya

Dear Jaseya, stop stressing about college because though it is supposed to be a challenge, it is also a phase in life, where one should enjoy their education without unneccessary stress. Yes, I know that most of your life, teachers and other people have created an image of college to be a place that belongs to students with a amazing grades, but it is for everyone. You see, I learned that some of the most famous people became famous for their words, stories, decisions, and efforts, not their grades in high school or college. My advice to you is to quit worrying about the college that you will attend, but start to care about different ways to increase your universal vision, your bank account, your mind/ideas, and social web of people with similiar interests, friends, and more. In the end, a good grade may get you a scholarship, but being a creative, intellectual, and diverse human being will give you more than one scholarship for being more than an average student.

Stop worrying so much! You are going to be fine and everything will be better than you think! College is scary at first but after the first couple of days you will be having so much fun that you'll feel stupid for worrying so much. Unlike what you may have heard from your current teachers the teachers that you have in college (or at least the five you have in your first semester) are there and willing to help you! Don't be scared to meet new people! In just the first three weeks you will have friends that you eat with and hang out with everyday. Your roommate is awesome and you get along really well! Do your laundry in the middle of the day. You will never get used to the bathrooms. Ever. You just have to deal with them. Do your research when getting textbooks or else you will go broke before you even get to school. It will be hard saying saying goodbye to your parents when they take you to school the first day but you have an amazing support system behind you and you will be fine.

First off, make sure you save all of that money that you're going to make that summer in between Senior year of high school and Freshman year of college, you're certainly going to need it (you won't be able to guess how much your books are going to cost)! Second, lose your procrastination habbit, the sooner you get your work done the less stressed you're going to be, and that'll make everyone better off. Keep up the organization skills, because unlike high school, those late assignments don't mean squat to your professors after the due date. Next, be sure you actually pay attention in class, because playing sudoku in the back of class isn't going to cut it (most of the time). And finally, make sure to schedule some "you-time", watch your favorite movie, or hang out with friends and family; with all of the things you have going on a little relaxation now and then is just what the doctor ordered!

Logan

I would give myself some precious advice to learn how to use time management to my advantage. Time management is a skill that I feel all college students need to have developed. The best base for this skill is obtained by being able to learn to juggle your class schedule, homework, social life, sports, and job responsibilities. I remember listening to the Governor of New Hampshire giving the high school athletes a speech on how their busy lives would be beneficial to their transition into college life. The reason for this was the skill of attending long practices, a busy game schedule, and having to maintain an academic standing in school. At the time I remember relating to what this intelligent well versed man was saying. And indeed, my transition into college indeed was enhanced by the time management skills that I had obtained. Never put off today to do tomorrow.

If I had the option to go back in time, I would go back to senior year. I would tell myself that everything is going to be okay. That it doesn’t matter if you didn’t get into your top school. It doesn’t matter where you go or whom you end up with. College is all about what you make of it. I would tell myself that I should keep my chin up. University of New Hampshire was your goal and where you really wanted to go, but it didn’t happen. I would tell myself that it was all for the best. Plymouth State University has offered me so much more then UNH could have ever given me. I would remind myself that I am an strong, outgoing, unique individual and that the transition from high school to college will be fine if I remain true to who I am. I would also give this advice to other high school seniors. That it doesn’t matter if you go to Harvard or community college. College is all about what you make of it. So make it something worth your wild.

Mariah

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are many things that I would tell myself. Having a more unique situation that a majority of college freshman, I have chosen to transfer schools in between the first and second semester. I would tell myself that I will chose to transfer and to no have to go through the struggle. It is more worthwhile at my new University because it has a better program for my major. I would also tell my high school self that scholarships truly are important. Scholarships are what are making it possible for me to attend college. As a senior, I was told countless times that "scholarships are so important," but I never really listened. After going through a semester of school, I have really seen what a difference just that $750 scholarship made. The scholarships that I did receive helped me and my parents tremendously in being able to afford my post-secondary education. I now understand the importance of applying for scholarships and I wish I had known that as a high school senior.

Yalitza

As a student in high school I lacked the knowledge to the opportunities I had; given the fact that now that I have been educated in the transition of starting college and how hard it can be to enroll, I would have taken the initiative to start exploring and learning more about college. I think I should of visited the counselor on a daily basis, so I could of been able to inform myself on dual enrollment and how this could of helped me for college. Also about taking Pre AP classes to better my GPA, and earn scholarships. For example, the Top 10{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} Scholarship Program. Another thing that I should of taken more serious was the presentatios the college would offer us, and how important they were for our future sucess. I personally think these little details would of been a great advatange and could of had made a big difference in the time it took me to register; within this including the amount of money spent.

I wish I prepared myself more socially. I made a great transitation academically. I have a much better gpa in college then I did in high school. The way they teach in college is more my learning style. I think my high school prepared me well for college academically. Socially I was never involved in drama as a female in high school but it was whole different story in college. It is so much more different because you never have anytime to yourself. In high school, after school you could go home and get away from everyone and relax in your own space but in collge you can't do that, especially if you have a roommate. In college you are always "on". I never have time to myself. It's nice not being lonley but someone I want to be alone but I can't. I noticed there is more drama in college then high school because you are living night and day with the same people. I don't think I could have prepared myself for this. It's just one of though things you have to experience it for yourself and learn from it.

Sally

In the spring of my senior year, my college plans fell through at the last minute for financial reasons. I suddenly found myself applying at my local community college while all of my friends were getting ready to go away on their college adventures. After I had worked so hard and gotten so excited about my future plans, I was terribly disappointed. During my first year at community college, I felt like I was in such a rush to get out. I kept trying to come up with a plan to transfer somewhere else as soon as possible. I didn't stop to appreciate where I was in my life or the opportunities that were available to me. Since then I have learned to be patient with where I am in my life and where it is taking me. I would tell my panicked high school senior self that life isn't just the future she is constantly scrambling towards, it is also where she is right now; every moment counts and she should live in each one. Life always has her exactly where she is supposed to be, and she should always make the most of it.