Plymouth State University

« See more reviews of Plymouth State University

The best part about Plymouth State University is the cafeteria and janitorial workers because in my opinion, they are the kindest and most understanding at the university. Every day, the cafeteria staff has a smile on their face, whether genuine or forced, I always feel welcomed and comfortable, almost like being at home. The janitorial staff can be described in one way and one way only, amazing; not because they clean after everyone, because they create casual conversation; they listen to your truth and learn, as you do the same. My college experience has been enriched because of these people.

The best thing about Plymouth State University is the connections that you can make with everyone on and off campus. All of the professors that I have had so far have been more than willing to give any extra help that was needed; including giving students personal phone numbers. Also, there is a strong bond between students at the university based off of university pride. I have even been able to get to know people in the community, due to the multiple service projects that Plymouth students partake in. Overall, Plymouth students benefit from strong bonds with everyone around.

I consider the size of Plymouth State University to be one of the best things about it. Although it can make for some fairly boring nights and limited social interactions, Plymouth has about 5,000 students which allows for small, intimate classes and connecting on a familiar level with professors. This is especially true in non-generic majors such as Anthropology, where a lecture class may have only 5 students, allowing for personal interaction with the professor and fellow students, and gives the professor a chance to tailer the lesson to the specific needs of said students.

One of the best things about PSU is the location and its surroundings. We are located right in the middle of the mountains with such a wonderful view from every building your in. We are also located only twenty minutes away from several major skiing and snowboarding mountains such as Loon and Waterville Valley. Having these moutains so close to campus is a great stress reliever for many students here. There is also fun to be had in the warmer season with a river running right through campus. Floating down the Pemi is a must before you graduate!

I belive that the best thing about attending Plymouth State University is the wide variety of activities and clubs there are to participate in. There is a wide variety to chose from and everyone can find a place that they fit in. Going along with this, there are also many events that is put on by the University or groups within the school throughout the year. This gives the students a chance to interact with more people that they wouldn't get a chance to otherwise. I think the clubs and events make the college community closer.

The best thing about plymouth state university is that there is always something going on on campus. Even though it is a somewhat small campus everyone gets along well and I like that feeling. Being able to just walk out on campus and find something to do easily is fun. You can get massages, play intramural sports, play varsity sports, work out, go to the library, hang with friends. It's a never ending supply of fun on this campus. I also love that there is no peer pressure and you can be yourself.

The best thing about my school I can't say in less than 100 words. The school that I go to knows me, it knows what I need. My school has the best teaching staff for me, it has my best friends, it provides me with opportunities that I once dreamt about but now they real. I love how I can go to the library and study in peace and quiet. The best part about my college is that they gave me an opportunity to get involved. My school helped me start the best part of my life.

The best thing about Plymouth State University is the sense of community which comes with being a student here. I feel like I am apart of something which cares about me, my health, and my success. There are so many opportunities to become involved on campus by joining different clubs and affiliations as well as participating in university-sponsored activies. I feel like I belong, that I am safe, and that people care about how my future turns out.

PSU is a small campus that is right next to a small downtown strip. Classes are small, intimate, and proffesors are very easy to get a hold of. The university and town provide plenty of work opotunities and local employers are flexible with schedules that make working and going to school easy. My advisors here have always had time to talk and help me with a school problem and the financial aid offices are full of nice helpful people.

I think the best thing about this school are the teachers. The teachers will go to any length to help you succeed in their class. They offer group tutoring, individual tutoring, progress meetings, anything that you can ask. Usually they do not accept late work unless you talk to them ahead of time about an assignment. They will do everything in thier power to help you succeed in college.