Point Park University Top Questions

One of the worst things about Point Park is the lack of athletic teams. I love football, but we don't have a football team and sports aren't really taken seriously by anyone who isn't involved in sports. It's a great school, but I wish I had a football team to root for sometimes.

This school has absolutely no school spirit. We only have a few sports so there isn't much competitiveness you experience in other universities. I understand though because it's a party school.

Because Point Park University is located in the middle of downtown Pittsburgh, students miss out on the large college experience. Point Park, an arts heavy school, will not provide students with football games and hanging out at the quad in between classes. However, the skills you gain from living in a small city are invaluable and equally fun.

Sometimes it seems that the school only really cares about the musical theatre and dance majors. This means that the rest of us often feel like we aren't really cared about as much. There also aren't too many clubs or organizations that allow the non-COPA students to express any artistic creativity. It is really difficult to not feel shunted sometimes as a non-COPA major, since that is what the school is primarily famous for.

Probably commuting if you live off campus they don't have any school parking or discounted parking passes at any of the surrounding garages which range from $10-$20 for a few hours. The surrounding meters on the streets are 7.5 minutes for every 25 cents and you can only park there for maximum 1 hour, and you have to pay them until 10pm. Also many other Universitys offer discounts on public transportation from the cost of tuition, I wish Point Park would do something like that.

Akasha

Possibly the worst part of going to this school is the elevator situation. If you feel uncomfortable on elevators, do not go to this school. They're old, and they're always packed at peak hours. Also, they're often broken down, slowing the flow of students even further.

I have to say because I have not attended yet but am having a very hard time getting enough money to go My mom is very sick she has emphsyma COPD and is going to need a lung transplant. She never got to attend college but did attend a trade school. Because of funds

Tim

The worst thing I consider about Point Park is the on campus living for theatre students. The Playhouse is in Oakland while the main campus is downtown. It is cheaper and more efficiant to rent a house or appartment in Oakland than stay in the dorms.

Jamisa

It can be in a confide close quarters because the campus is small.

Mia

The elevators!!!!! There are very few of them in each of the builings which all have 10-20 stories! It's not uncommon to be late to class since very few peoploe ever decide to take the stairs up that many flights!

This school has so many extra curricular activities it is not hard to lose track of you work.

The only thing that comes to my mind for this question is the fact that student's core group of friends are students with the same majors. I find this especially true in the Conservatory of Performing Arts program.

There isn't a lot of variety in the meals, and the dorms are small and hot

Minyvonne

the worst thing i consider about this school is the extra curriclar activitiies and things to do on this campus on the weekends . student activites does not provide a lot of activites for students, so we usually go to otherv nearby colleges to have fun. another bad thing could be the size. it's good that the college is small because the class sizes are good b ut you see the same people every day.

Loren

I feel the worst thing about my school is that my advisor does not help very much. I am in my senior year scrambling to get classes finished and in that i should have had done long ago if he had advised me with any intentions at all. Also, I do not have any advice on finances which is why I am sort of stuck in a rut right now.

eric

The worst thing about my school is the area that it is in there is not much to do right outside of it.

Everyone is extremely petty.

Lamenio

I am considering myself as a positive person. It is not pay attention to the nagative things. I rate my school excellent with staffs that care about people or students.

Lack of organization is probably the worst thing about my school. This is because its disorganization affects every part of the school- the housing, academics, food service, etc. If things were run more efficiently and students didn't have to go through the run-around every time they needed answers for something, this place would be much better.

Politics, they rule the school, often taking away chances for hard-working students

The only thing i think is bad about my school is it's location, mainly at night. I wait for a bus, and it is in the city so it can become fearsome with the unique city individuals.

The fact that the city shuts down around 8pm. It makes kids feel like the ovly thing to do is to go to Oakland to house parties to drink. Also the fact that the meal plans are way too expensive, there's not a lot of variety and it's not a flexible plan.