West Point, GA
Point University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Point University

Derrick

The worst asset of my school is that there aren't many festivities. They have programs such as SGA and study abroad, but outside of those activities there isn't much of a college life that is offered at my school. As a result, the networking that I desire to have after I graduate is limited.

I believe that the setup of college is the best asset that college has to offer. Because college students aren't in the same classes everyday it is easier for them to pass their classes. As a result, colleges believe that students need as much time as the can to study and make the best grades possible.

If I were to go back in time and inform myself about college I would say that the college years are the best years of your life. At the same time it is a reality check for some students because students often forget their purpose of going to college. I would also inform myself of things such as parties. In college there are plenty of parties, but it seems as though your grades suffer if you try to go to too many parties. The most important thing I would talk about outside of the degree itself is how important internships and developing some sort of netwtorking with other people, especially if they have the same major as you. Networking is just as important as having a degree. It is also important for you to get involved in college activities such as study aboad and student government. These organizations not only increase your networking but also looks good on a resume. These things all play a vital role in earning a high-paying job.

Hazel

My drean has been to go back to college. I am 56 years old and I have not finished my degree because of life reponsibilities. I feel like I am starting a new chapter in my life and the courses I am taking are exactly what I need to take into the future I see for myself. My degree in Organizational Leadership will equip me for a future in Non-Profit Administration. I am in the non-traditional student program and nearly every student is focused on doing well so they can be of service to their communities and we keep each other encouraged. The classes are mostly on line and we are divided into groups that work together on alot of project work. We learn from each other, we support each other, we appreciate the strengths we bring to the group. We have developed a closeness that a traditional college education may not give. The focus of the college is to equip students for leadership and service and that is a wonderful thing. They encourage us to think beyond ourselves, to think about how we can help in the world and to incorporate service with earning a living.

This school is a great school for Christian students who do not want to be influenced by the things that go on at secular colleges. All the classes are based on the Word of God and challenge you to grow spiritually as well as academically. There is a very non traditional student program for those who are adult, have families, full time jobs etc. You still graduate in the same amount of time but you only go to class once a week, the rest is done on line.

I informed myself pretty well about all the schools in the area that offer non traditional programs and this one fit my future plans the best.

Chris

One of the best things about ACC is the community. The people are very laid back and down to earth. The school is small but I would say it is just right. When I tell people I attend ACC they are either surprised or impressed. ACC is a great college there are many events to just have fun and get your mind of classes. The class are tough but the professors are very willing to help and guide you in the right direction. The experince all around is really good from living on campus, classes, the people, and off campus activities.

ACC's student body is very diverse from race, backgrounds, social status, etc. The diversity I believe makes ACC the fact that we are so diverse makes are community a great one. Everyone is really friendly and usually get along with each other.

ACC is an exprience where you will grow, learn, have fun, and become a better person.

No. We are very diverse in ethincity and religious views. Our faith is stronge which may seem like goody two-shoes but its more of a standard.

Academic life is challenging and requires time in the library. THis said the professors do know your name and are willing to help if you put in the effort. Students are competitive and do chanllegen themselves.

ACC life is what you make it. You can either have a great time or just have a okay time. There are many out going people who love to have a good time. We are ten minutes if that from down town Atlanta where there are many things to do. If your the stay on campus type there are bond fires, disc golf, beach volleyball, accinema where you can watch a movie or the big game, and pently more.

Goody two-shoes stronge in faith sheltered Christians only

Brian

It is a Christian college which makes it different from others. The college is also very challenging. The professors expect a lot from their students.

Attending college has been valuable in many ways. First, I have gained a healthy attitude towards differing points of view. Being in a room full of people with different backgrounds and insights has been educational. It is easy to think that one has all the facts until you meet others that challenge those assumptions and facts. Second, college has helped sharpen my leadership skills. Having to give speaches, organizing notes, learning to participate in various campus activities has served to sharpen my leadership skills for the "real world". Being organized for class can translate nicly into being organized in other areas of life. Lastly, college has sharpen my thinking skills. Being challenged to consider and evaluate ideas, proposals, assumptions and issues has served to sharpen my thinking. This has helped greatly in dealing with various kinds of low level conflicts and communicating well.

I wish I would have known grasped how a small college can be a good thing.

Sam

I've only been there for about a month so far, but i have still gotten a good bit from it. I have made many new friends and I am already starting to learn new things. the experience has been a great one.

nothing really i knew about everything necessary.

closed dorms, girlfriends and boyfriends can never really hang out together in their rooms

Jazmene

Atlanta Christian College is a wonderful school for those who enjoy the receiving an education with a christian background.

My school is best known for the christian base background while being educated in your field.

Jazmene stay on task and aim for a 3.0 gpa. The people that you hang with now can not benifit your future. Please study hard and make your education count for more than just a piece of paper.

Point University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.