Winter Haven, FL
Polk State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Polk State College

Brian

I wouldn't want to go back to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would want to talk to myself as a 7th grader and that is to pay attention and to not drop out of a class in 8th grade just to be with friends. I feel as if my 8th grade algebra class resulted in my poor high school grades. Starting off the class in a poor manner, I should of used the opportunity of being in advanced class which would prepared me better for high school. If I was able to go back and talk to myself as senior I would tell myself to savour time, money is nice but school is more important. I would tell myself to go to sleep earlier that way I could perform better during on the radio and possibly of made something of it. Don't procrastinate, even though there is more time to complete work it only hurts to stay up all night to finish a paper. Just put school first, nothing else is more important.

I go to the school that the majority of my graduating class goes to. There is no significance of the matter. I just have the comfort of still living at home while still going to school and it is the consistency that is worth bragging over. Each semester I know where I'm staying, I don't have to reguarly move my belonging and it's just the simplicity that I enjoy.

The most frustrating thing about my current school is the need to remodel the campus. Currently there is a portable in the parking lot which took the place of the cafeteria for the year. Of which does not have internet and it defeats the purpose of getting anything to eat and being able to get work done. The surrounding area is grim to cellphone coverage so as much as a nesesity the internet is I find it to be a constant struggle when at school.

Edlin

Polk Community College offers a variety of degree programs. An Associates degree in Nursing is one among many, and which is one of the best programs offered. The nursing program at PCC has a great reputation in the state of Florida for its success and effectiveness. PCC also has a great girls soccer team, one of the best in the nation! Nonetheless, along with these two great features PCC also offers many great programs, resources, and learning experiences to not be overlooked!

There is a completely different atmosphere in college compared to high school. Students are no longer "forced" to stay in school to graduate, it is now an option and a choice to continue education. College life may come as a shock at first with the independence and choices. If I could give myself any advice, given what I already know, it would be to stay focused and motivated. Some students take for granted the oppurtunities offered and want to have fun during this transition. A student's grades and behavior during college will influence them for years to come and even in future occupations. It is extremely important to be responsible an stay determined to thrive in school for future success.

After high school many students are unsure of future plans or goals, but it is important to continue your education for future success now a days. Students who are motivated, focused, and determined will find themselves at the right place. PCC also offers smaller classes than typical universities which may help with being involved with other students and professors thus enhancing the learning experience for ones who like this type of class setting. PCC will honestly help make a difference to all who attend.

Donald

What is unique about my school is, that it is the college is smaller. That means smaller class sizes and more one on one attention between teachers and students. I think that is excellent considering that at most colleges especially big colleges many of times you are simiply just a number.

If I could go back in time and give myself any advice as a high school student on college, I would tell myself to stay focus. Many times when we reach our senior year in high school we begin to drop the ball a little. We get what is known as "Senior Itis." Senior Itis is the raise and fall of many high school seniors trandsending into college. I would tell myself to make sure that I "cross all my t's, and dot all my i's." That way I can make sure that I can go to a really good college and get the proper education needed for this tough and ever changing job market. I wouldn't just be concerned about the job market; it also feels very nice to get an exceptance letter from one or all of the colleges that "you" want to go to.

To all the prospective students coming into school in the spring and/or fall 2010 rememeber this. No matter how hard college gets always stay persistent and keep pushing toward the mark of your dreams. Don't ever let anyone or anything stop you from achieving your goals. Anything and everything is possible no matter how hard they may seem.

Avonna

My school is best known for our great Nursing program.

Your grades really do matter. Also you don't have to move away to go to school, your first 2 years are the same no matter if you go to a university or a community college. Another thing go to class the professors dont matter if you come or dont because it is your money you are wasting. Next use ALL your resources, you pay for them in your tution, the tutors, the tlcc, your professors. Join a club and do something to get involoved with your school. Study hard and remember college is suspose to your best years of your life!

Polk State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.