Portland, OR
Portland State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Portland State University

Fixed  rate loan

Hyeyoung

I would like to travel for historical places because I could not understand foreign places. It is hard to image other places without seen. I wanted to know many other countries life style and their history. Also, I would like to read text books with other source books because other books could help me to understand what text says. Finally, I wanted to do some activities such as hiking, camping, and out door activities.

It is hard to meet professor because I am busy and they are busy. It is hard to match the time.

Catherine

One of the biggest concerns to me now, and which I did not really consider much as a high schooler, is the issue of money. I have gone through four years of school, even a year abroad, all on large student and parent loans, and I wish I had realized just how much school costs, and the best way to use it to get the most out of your education. As a high schooler, I thought I would recieve many scholarships, and have no problem financially, but it was a lot harder than I thought as most scholarships are for minority groups or disadvantaged students. Furthermore, most schools have a large list of requirements for both majors and graduation, and it would be smart to complete these at a cheaper Community College first, then go to a higher level institution for intense training in your major afterwards to save money for the classes that count. I would stick with my choice of attending college away from home, as it is an essential experience for young people starting their own lives, as well as is studying abroad and learning about the world first hand. I wish I could do it again.

This school is not a traditional campus, it is set in the middle of the city, as part of the city. I think many students find this very interesting and fun, but I prefer a campus set apart, where students can focus on studying, and feel a more acedemic atmosphere around them.

This school is very good for anyone interested in liberal arts, music, active discussions, environmental and community based activities, and anyone who loves to use their creative mind. People who are good at facts and numbers will not have such wide range of opportunities. Also, people who have no interest in the environment or giving back to the community will find that it is incorporated into many aspects of this school, and is held very central to the school's main concerns with student involvement.

Randy

My school provides an environment that is comfortable to learn in and you will always have success with hard work and determination towards your goals.

My school is best known as enviroment related, sports, social life, academics and involved.

My advice I would give give myself would be go to talk to professors, read the books, do all the homework and even work on the challenging problems. By doing all of these advices then I could be successful and have good grades for academics and for my career that I will pursued in the future. In the future I could have work experiences and find a job easily because of my hard work and good grades on transcipt.

Alvin

A diverse environment with unexpected events daily.

A diverse environment with unexpected events daily.

I would tell my self to go workout at a gym to become more discipline. I've been slacking off in my first year of college, because I wasn't discipline. I was not self motivated. The best way to motivate your self is to work your physical body and mind as hard as possible; everyday if possible. Also, learn to cook a variety of food in high school, so I can save money eating at home.

I tell them I go to Portland State University and I take Organic Chemistry with Professor Wamser.

Kanjunac

Portland State is in the middle of a big city that is enviromentally conscious and friendly, and has opportunities to be involved in anything within a very diverse enviroment.

If I were a highschool student once again I would go back and tell myself that the most important aspect of getting into a good college is how involved you are with your community and getting a good SAT score. That once you got into colelge the best way to make the transition easier is to get to know people and to get involved with the school. Nothing is more important to getting comfortable when transitioning than to make new friends and help each other out with the transition, and also to go and get help from the staff when you need it. Don't worry about a job right away unless you have work study, and the most important thing of all when getting used to a new college, get help when you need it. If the school can't help you find people who can. The transition isn't about a new amount of homework or money or stress about your future, but about getting comfortable enough to know how to get help with your major and grades when you need it.

This school is in the heart of Portland Oregon making it possible to be involved in anything you could dream of being involved in, it is very diverse in every way imaginable, and the school and surrounding city is very enviromentally conscious. It is a wonderful school and I would suggest to anyone who is unsure of their college choice. I never feel like I am out of place because everyone here is allowed to be openly creative and express themselves.

My school is best known for being a "green" school. Portland State University strongly emphasizes the importance of being environmentally friendly. Currently, many of the buildings are being reconstructed to be more eco friendy, and the faculty in PSU encourage recycling.

Ashley, Congratulations on surviving highschool. I know that you are excited to finally leave and explore but there is just one thing that I strongly suggest. Please be careful. College is fun, there are plenty of things you can experience, but just because you're out of highschool, out of your parent's protection doesn't mean you should walk around doing whatever you feel like. Think before you act. If it might bother you in the future, or if you even have to pause and think about it, don't do it. Be wary of the people you meet also. Not everyone is nice, honest, or innocent like you often think they are. That's how I made my many mistakes during my freshman year. The outside world is dangerous Ashley and you shouldn't be as naive as I was. Pay attention to this advice and find a nice balance of paranoia but fun also. Trust me, you'll thank me for it. Love you, Ashley

Jaclyn

Being the largest University in Oregon.

Being the largest University in Oregon.

I would urge my high school self to heavily research financial resources for college, and go for my passion degree at my dream college. So much more is possible to make your dreams come true then you could ever imagine. It is up to you to make it possible. Do not assume your life dream or education is unattainable. It has taken me a long time to understand this, but I am now finally going after what I want in life. Through the pursuit of scholarships I plan to have enough money to get a second degree in Nursing. With this degree I will fulfill the need to contribute to my community as well as have enough money and flexibility to pursue my other passion: acting. Had I accepted the responsibility of taking on one?s life?s desire, and what work comes with that, I would not have wasted so much of my life doing things I did not care about. Luckily I still have time, and am taking this responsibility now.

My school is so large and doesn't have enough money to provide for all of it's programs.

Portland State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.