Portland, OR
Portland State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Portland State University

Kanjunac

Portland State is in the middle of a big city that is enviromentally conscious and friendly, and has opportunities to be involved in anything within a very diverse enviroment.

If I were a highschool student once again I would go back and tell myself that the most important aspect of getting into a good college is how involved you are with your community and getting a good SAT score. That once you got into colelge the best way to make the transition easier is to get to know people and to get involved with the school. Nothing is more important to getting comfortable when transitioning than to make new friends and help each other out with the transition, and also to go and get help from the staff when you need it. Don't worry about a job right away unless you have work study, and the most important thing of all when getting used to a new college, get help when you need it. If the school can't help you find people who can. The transition isn't about a new amount of homework or money or stress about your future, but about getting comfortable enough to know how to get help with your major and grades when you need it.

This school is in the heart of Portland Oregon making it possible to be involved in anything you could dream of being involved in, it is very diverse in every way imaginable, and the school and surrounding city is very enviromentally conscious. It is a wonderful school and I would suggest to anyone who is unsure of their college choice. I never feel like I am out of place because everyone here is allowed to be openly creative and express themselves.

My school is best known for being a "green" school. Portland State University strongly emphasizes the importance of being environmentally friendly. Currently, many of the buildings are being reconstructed to be more eco friendy, and the faculty in PSU encourage recycling.

Ashley, Congratulations on surviving highschool. I know that you are excited to finally leave and explore but there is just one thing that I strongly suggest. Please be careful. College is fun, there are plenty of things you can experience, but just because you're out of highschool, out of your parent's protection doesn't mean you should walk around doing whatever you feel like. Think before you act. If it might bother you in the future, or if you even have to pause and think about it, don't do it. Be wary of the people you meet also. Not everyone is nice, honest, or innocent like you often think they are. That's how I made my many mistakes during my freshman year. The outside world is dangerous Ashley and you shouldn't be as naive as I was. Pay attention to this advice and find a nice balance of paranoia but fun also. Trust me, you'll thank me for it. Love you, Ashley

Jaclyn

Being the largest University in Oregon.

Being the largest University in Oregon.

I would urge my high school self to heavily research financial resources for college, and go for my passion degree at my dream college. So much more is possible to make your dreams come true then you could ever imagine. It is up to you to make it possible. Do not assume your life dream or education is unattainable. It has taken me a long time to understand this, but I am now finally going after what I want in life. Through the pursuit of scholarships I plan to have enough money to get a second degree in Nursing. With this degree I will fulfill the need to contribute to my community as well as have enough money and flexibility to pursue my other passion: acting. Had I accepted the responsibility of taking on one?s life?s desire, and what work comes with that, I would not have wasted so much of my life doing things I did not care about. Luckily I still have time, and am taking this responsibility now.

My school is so large and doesn't have enough money to provide for all of it's programs.

Portland State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.