Portland, OR
Portland State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Portland State University

Emelin
New?

Its nice

New?

Its nice

Lynn
Portland State is a Great Urban School!

Portland State is a Great Urban School!

Many people who live in Portland see PSU as a stepping stone or a cheaper option before leaving for a more popular school like OSU or UO, but this truly is a great place. I like how we have such a diverse student body. When we work at our future jobs, you will most likely work with many different people, so I feel that PSU gives you many opportunities to interact with people who come with different backgrounds. Additionally, PSU's engineering college is usually over shadowed by OSU's, but PSU has a great engineering program! The professors are diverse and really care about the students. I know that minority students from other engineering schools may get discouraged, because the engineering field is dominated by Anglo males, which is why I appreciate how PSU supports their minority students and lets us know that they're available if we need help.

Marlo
Vik Up

Vik Up

Portland State is a great university because it is there for all the "right" reason you go to college for. Academics are primary and the sports are secondary. As much as I am a sports enthusiast, I love that I don't feel that my school cares more about our athletics than their students education. The street car is my favorite thing about PSU because as a PSU student, you can ride it for FREE and it can take you to or near major Portland areas in just minutes. Yes, PSU isn't a party school but you are paying big bucks to get an education here so being able to focus on your studies without the social pressure is completely fine by me!

Social activist fit perfectly in portland State. Anyone who had a strong passion in life will always have place at psu.

That there is a lot of miscommunication between administrators and the rest of the school. A lot of our systems that are in place are a lot more complicated then it should be.

Portland State Review

Portland State Review

It's a great commuter school that is good if you're trying to get your education but if you're looking for that all typical college experience where people rally on saturday for the football games or sporting events it's not likely that you'll find that here. I love it though, it's laid back and easy and you feel no pressure to be anybody but yourself!

Tiffany Amber
PSU the Place to Be !

PSU the Place to Be !

Portland State is located in the <3 of Downtown, the most convenient, unique and fun place to be if you're looking for a college experience that's near the city, restaurants, parks, concerts, hikes, and best of all free events! As a broke college student, it's important to be at a college where there is plenty of opportunity to gathering free food (food pantry & cultural events), getting involved (over 200 clubs), and EMPLOYMENT (on campus & off campus jobs, yes!). The professors are so knowledgeable and up to date, they also invite students to partake in their research; so well rounded in the arts, humanities, and sciences so it's understandable if you have trouble finding a program or major to study. Not too worry, we do have advisors if you're undeclared, and they're there to help prep and advise you for interviews, resumes, and future employment. A city with a lot of character, and a small town feel so no matter where you're coming from, you are able to feel like you're home again!

jon
the smart, the driven, and the trendy

the smart, the driven, and the trendy

the culture of portland state is that of progress and learning. the teachers care about the student's minds and lives. i would recommend this university to everyone

Cassidy

Hipsters. And yes, I would say the majority of students are freethinkers, dreamers and never about anything mainstream (unless its being a hipster).

It's a commuter school, so a very small greek life but we have literally a club for everything! Like our Ted Talks club, where people get together and drink tea and watch Ted Talks.

Awesome! University Studies classes can be confusing at first but overall it's a good idea to have students learn these core values.

Desiree'

My classmates are varied and each unique.

My classmates are varied and each unique.

I would tell myself to relax and be myself, and to put what I want first. It's important to follow what you want in life, because you can find what you need anywhere, but truly finding a place where you want to be and are happy is much harder. Also, being stressed about the future is pointless, because it's going to happen however it happens anyway, and there is only so much you can do to be prepared for it. But what you can do, what you can control, is yourself, your feelings, and your actions. Making sure that you take of yourself is number one. Making sure you are satisfied with where you are and where you are going is most important, and doing the work to get there is neccessary. So don't stress, get it done, get it done well, and thrive.

The worst thing would be the size. There are thousands of people, so the classes are large and it's not always easy to get to know people.

Portland State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.