Portland State University

« See more reviews of Portland State University

The best thing about Portland State University is the diversity in age and direction of the students. I sailed on JV and Varsity teams and our team would often get called the "motley crew". We would all just laugh and smile at how different our team was from all of the other teams, we had so much variety in age, color, gender and background -- there is so much to learn from the students at PSU.

The best thing about Portland State is its location in Portland. If you get tired of being on campus it is a simple matter of taking the MAX rail or the streetcar or a bus to get anywhere in the surrounding Multnomah County. Although campus itself is quite lovely with the park blocks located right outside the library. There are plenty of great places to study out in the sun on a warm spring day.

The best thing about my school is that it has a very diverse student body and is exceptionally accepting to all types of people. Also, the school has many great educational facilities expanding from all types of career fields. Portland State University is green and beautiful, as it sits right in the heart of downtown Portland. There are plenty of opportunities awaiting students at this school.

The people at Portland State are the best thing about the school. This is because the people are so diverse and each person has their own ingredient to making the campus unique and simply one of a kind. The diverse interests foster a drive to be something different and be true to who you are. At the same time, a bond is encouraged between each person regardless of any differences.

Since it is a university, I am able to attain my bachelor's degree in my major and get a complete education. I also enjoy knowing I am learning from very intelligent instructors and am being fairly graded. I am specifically enjoying my language classes which have an excellent method of instruction : full immersion, which I think is the best way to learn a language.

That they are able to provide a good school enviroment and professors who are interested in the success of their students for a resonable tuition. Their are many students who need to go to school or want to go back to school but are worried about exspenses and Portland State provides that oppurtunity with excellent schooling.

There are many courses available and scheduling is a lot easier than it was at the school I transferred from. Also the location is right in the city, and the public transportation is great. The professors I've had so far are easy to talk to and seem really interested in their respective fields.

I love the smaller, intimate classes that PSU offers. It encourages enlighening discussions. Because of the smaller classes, the teachers seem to be much more invested in the learning of students. They have a passion for what they teach and they spread that around the classroom.

The best thing about my school is the helpful counselors that we have. I have gone to them for advice many times and they have always been very helpful and informative. It is very important for a college to employ helpful people that are a positive influence on the students.

The students here mostly come from a background where they have taken some time off to pursue other things. The average student age is 27 and it is a commuter campus, so the maturity level is a bit different than at most colleges.