Waterbury, CT
Post University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Post University

Daniel

I have been attending Post University for the last two years. I am currently taking all of my classes online but have hd numerous experiences with the campus life. Over the last two years I have enjoyed my online education. The classes are beneficial to me since I work full-time over forty hours a week and have about a fort-five minute commute to and from work everyday. This allows me to work at my own pace and plan out my weeks accordingly to fit in with my work and personal schedule. Some of the classes are more challenging then other, same for the professors. The majority of the professors will grade your work, answer emails and provide information in a timely manner. While other seem to take their time and by the time the questions are answered it's too late. Overall Post University has been a perfect fit for me as I returned from school after nearly ten years away from education.

Anna

Post University feels like a second family by how kind and helping everyone is! The staff and the students make you feel so welcoming and I could not ask for a better college to go to. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you have everything you need and make sure to answer any questions you may have.

Jillian
Post university Grad student

Post university Grad student

I never thought about Post University as a school i would attending. but after working in higher education and wanting a master degree it seemed like the best option, i never would have considered myself an online student but once i started the online master program it seemed just like sitting in a classroom without having to waste gas. i have never felt more welcome on a college campus even when i'm not on the actual campus, but when i do get to campus and i introduce myself to the professor they instantly recognize my name and my work and who i am as a student.

Jeremiah

My classmates are just people trying to live their lives, and as such have aspired to many goals and had many ambitions; some have had dreams of being writers, some have had dreams of being astronauts, and some simply try to survive.

As a high school senior, I was doubt ridden and incredibly fearful of how my life would turn out after high school. With that in mind, I would counsel myself to stop and look at the economic environment that I'm in. I would counsel myself to do this because when I finally did it as a high school graduate, I found out what my real dream was. You see, I love my hometown, in all of its lack of youth culture, bad economy, homelessness problems, and glorious lack of overall purpose. And I love technology, video games, and all of the things that have traditionally been sidelined by the leadership of my hometown. So when I finally thought about where I wanted to live, and what I wanted to do with my life, I discovered that I wanted to stay in my hometown and improve it. I want to found a video game development company with the brightest minds of backwater city, and make it great. I want Madera, my hometown, to be recognized as my origin. My goal is to honor my family, and my city. And I will do anything to make that possible.

The school that I have been attending until this point has been a community college oriented around a broad education, rather than a fixed career track. That has been good for my self-exploration, but now that I know what I want to do with my life, I am finding it difficult to continue attending there. As such, I have transferred to Post University and joined their Computer Information Systems undergraduate program in an effort to finish my postsecondary education and enter into the workforce in such a capacity as to best utilize my skills, abilities, and interests.

Jennjfer

Excellent academic programs, easy to attend online.

Excellent academic programs, easy to attend online.

To my senior self, do not wait to pursue higher education. It gets harder the longer you wait. Give deep thought to what you want to achieve in life and do everything you can to make it happen. Stay focused and don't get swayed by those who are not there to futher their education. Do not get mixed up with people who would hold you back, including those who only want to socialize and party. I know it seems like going straight to college is just an extension of school, in which you've already spent 12 years, college is so much more than that. It will open your eyes to all sorts of opportunities and areas you never considered. During your first year or two, focus on the core requirements, but also take courses that will expand your mind and give you more options when it comes to deciding what you want to do with your life. Keep in mind that what you want today may not be what you want in 20 years, so get a well-rounded education. And most of all, keep at it until you get your degree!

I have not started classes yet, however just from the handful of students and staff I met so far at Post, they are extremely welcoming.

I would take as many classes as I can in a semester so I could finish school alot sooner.

I have not started classes yet. I begin them in the fall.

santia

Post Uni. has small classes and is student based.

Post Uni. has small classes and is student based.

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, the message I would give to myself is to not take things for granted. I did just leave high school a few months ago, and I'm trying to adjust. I would go back and tell myself to stop taking things for granted, because in the real world, time is all we really have. taking time for granted just slowed me down and taking opportunities for granted means that I probably wont find another one for another thousand years. Not everything is handed to you, I would say, doing the minimum amount of work wont get you by anymore. You have to woman up, and take some responsibility. When the real world hits, it hits hard.

A person who likes small amounts of students in classes and one on one experiences.

Lanie

The advice I would give my younger , high school self is to see an advisor before enrolling in random classes. I made that mistake and the result has cost me being in school for a longer period of time. I would also advise myself to try harder to apply for more scholarships. As a high school student, you've heard college is expensive, but you never knew just how much until you've attended. Lastly, I would remind myself of how important your GPA is and how important it is to obtain a high one. I graduated high school with a 4.0 but unforunately allowed myself to drop to a 2.54. College is so much easier with a higher GPA, and you will learn more as well.

I love how responsive the Post University employee's are. They are quick to respond and handle business with you. The tuition planner here has provided exceptional services giving me more knowledge on the financial aid aspect, where as my previous school did not. They are also regionally accredited which is the accreditation I need to become CPA certified. Though I have not attended this school for long, I am very please so far and would recommend them to my peers.

Robin

Hey Robin, I want to talk with you. I know that you are doubtful that you are college material. You doubt that you could ever go and actually graduate. Like somehow you are not worthy of attending college, furthering yourself. Well you are wrong. College is not threatening at all. Depending on your degree interest, there are so many choices available, and if you are not sure what you want to settle on, you can always go and begin with the basics. Take the classes you will need, then later focus on where you want to be. You absolutely have the ability to attend school and graduate with a degree. It is never too late to go, and you have a little while to make your final career decision. Don't let this opportunity pass you by. Get a jump start on it so that you are not a 38 year old woman trying to get college kick started. Do it now while you have the energy to pull all nighters doing homework. Have a little faith in yourself because I do.

My classes are online so I don't interact with them as much as I would in a real class but I do talk with them on the discussion board. They give me good feed back on things I post and they encourage me to keep up with what my goal is.

I would tell myself that the community colleges get full really fast and it's going to take a lot of patients so try not to get discouraged about it and find a way to get around it. The transition will take some getting used to but you'll get through it with all the help from family, friends and some other people. The long classes in high school pay off in college cause the classes are longer then they were in middle school. You also have to make sure you force yourself to go to class cause it’s not like it is in high school. You are responsible for your own attendance not your parents or teacher.

Honestly I don't really know. They contacted me and answered any questions I had before I enrolled.

Post University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.