Waterbury, CT
Post University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Post University

Jennjfer

Excellent academic programs, easy to attend online.

Excellent academic programs, easy to attend online.

To my senior self, do not wait to pursue higher education. It gets harder the longer you wait. Give deep thought to what you want to achieve in life and do everything you can to make it happen. Stay focused and don't get swayed by those who are not there to futher their education. Do not get mixed up with people who would hold you back, including those who only want to socialize and party. I know it seems like going straight to college is just an extension of school, in which you've already spent 12 years, college is so much more than that. It will open your eyes to all sorts of opportunities and areas you never considered. During your first year or two, focus on the core requirements, but also take courses that will expand your mind and give you more options when it comes to deciding what you want to do with your life. Keep in mind that what you want today may not be what you want in 20 years, so get a well-rounded education. And most of all, keep at it until you get your degree!

I have not started classes yet, however just from the handful of students and staff I met so far at Post, they are extremely welcoming.

I would take as many classes as I can in a semester so I could finish school alot sooner.

I have not started classes yet. I begin them in the fall.

santia

Post Uni. has small classes and is student based.

Post Uni. has small classes and is student based.

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, the message I would give to myself is to not take things for granted. I did just leave high school a few months ago, and I'm trying to adjust. I would go back and tell myself to stop taking things for granted, because in the real world, time is all we really have. taking time for granted just slowed me down and taking opportunities for granted means that I probably wont find another one for another thousand years. Not everything is handed to you, I would say, doing the minimum amount of work wont get you by anymore. You have to woman up, and take some responsibility. When the real world hits, it hits hard.

A person who likes small amounts of students in classes and one on one experiences.

Lanie

The advice I would give my younger , high school self is to see an advisor before enrolling in random classes. I made that mistake and the result has cost me being in school for a longer period of time. I would also advise myself to try harder to apply for more scholarships. As a high school student, you've heard college is expensive, but you never knew just how much until you've attended. Lastly, I would remind myself of how important your GPA is and how important it is to obtain a high one. I graduated high school with a 4.0 but unforunately allowed myself to drop to a 2.54. College is so much easier with a higher GPA, and you will learn more as well.

I love how responsive the Post University employee's are. They are quick to respond and handle business with you. The tuition planner here has provided exceptional services giving me more knowledge on the financial aid aspect, where as my previous school did not. They are also regionally accredited which is the accreditation I need to become CPA certified. Though I have not attended this school for long, I am very please so far and would recommend them to my peers.

Robin

Hey Robin, I want to talk with you. I know that you are doubtful that you are college material. You doubt that you could ever go and actually graduate. Like somehow you are not worthy of attending college, furthering yourself. Well you are wrong. College is not threatening at all. Depending on your degree interest, there are so many choices available, and if you are not sure what you want to settle on, you can always go and begin with the basics. Take the classes you will need, then later focus on where you want to be. You absolutely have the ability to attend school and graduate with a degree. It is never too late to go, and you have a little while to make your final career decision. Don't let this opportunity pass you by. Get a jump start on it so that you are not a 38 year old woman trying to get college kick started. Do it now while you have the energy to pull all nighters doing homework. Have a little faith in yourself because I do.

My classes are online so I don't interact with them as much as I would in a real class but I do talk with them on the discussion board. They give me good feed back on things I post and they encourage me to keep up with what my goal is.

I would tell myself that the community colleges get full really fast and it's going to take a lot of patients so try not to get discouraged about it and find a way to get around it. The transition will take some getting used to but you'll get through it with all the help from family, friends and some other people. The long classes in high school pay off in college cause the classes are longer then they were in middle school. You also have to make sure you force yourself to go to class cause it’s not like it is in high school. You are responsible for your own attendance not your parents or teacher.

Honestly I don't really know. They contacted me and answered any questions I had before I enrolled.

Chelsea

Study as hard as you can, and score high on your sat's and act's.

Study as hard as you can, and score high on your sat's and act's.

That I should have decided on a major a head of time.

Anyone looking for a great education, on campus, or, online.

katherine

My school allows for a person like me to feel comfort on campus and in their studies daily.

My school is know for not only getting young people like myself in to their carrer field. They are also know for bringing schooling back for many adults.

I would tell myself to take the college life slow. Study as much as possibe because there is no doing this over. I would also say to live life each and everyday.

I would say, take on the critics and be inspired to make a difference. Now that I am in college, I wish I let the haters, hate, and let them push me so I could've got into a four year university. I love college life. I believe when I was in high school, you had to be there, unlike college. I chose to go to college because I knew if I kept walking down the path I was going, I would never be successful. I have realized being in high school, the environment was just so hostile. No student wanted to be there, and the teachers were just obligated to give you a letter grade. Now that I'm in college, I have realized people are there for a reason, and the professors there, want to help you. The advice I'd give myself would be suck it up, get through it, and always come out on top. There's nothing more beautiful than accepting and loving who you are as a person. To believe in myself takes a lot of courage, but I know success will be there waiting for me.

Peter

College is the most important step you will be able to take out of high school. Moving out is not necessarily what your focus should be as you will have plenty of time to live on your own as life progresses, especially if you find a college program away from home that really peaks your interest. Research is the key to success at finding the career you will actually be interested in pursuing. From what you have seen and assumed in high school about potential careers you have seen so little. There are many careers that are not so widely known, nor so easily considered. Think of what your passions are not just what you think will be a money maker. To be happy and a real positive force in the career you choose you must be passionate about it so you may commit to what you must! College opens more doors to your potential and introduces you to new people and opportunities. The resources are there to help you succeed along the way academically and financially if you only seek them out. The opportunities you are bound to find may be more exciting and easy than you imagine.

Post University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.