Waterbury, CT
Post University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Post University

sacreisha

This school is just the right fit for me.

This school is just the right fit for me.

I would tell myself to keep my eye on the prize. This is my third attempt at school and this will be my last. I lived on campus years ago and did good my first year but after the second year I got involved in campus life. Also I would have applied for scholarships to aid in my education. Loans and interest rates are very high. I would also tell myself to be prepared.

I am an online student at post university. I don't have anything negative to say about this school

natalie

If I went back in to time I would tell myself take high school serious. Keep yourself organize and join clubs. I would tell myself to get more involve nd focus on school more. I was a really shy person so I wouldn't join clubs or participate in class. I always kept to myself and a really quite person. I wish I participated more in high school.

The best thing about my school is that they are really organzied. They care about your future and education and they help you with snything you need help on. They have tutors if you need any help on a subject. They make sure your doing good in your courses. They try to make you feel comfterable with the courses you have. The courses are well organized., and the staff are really friendly. When I first called to register I really wanted to start there right away cause they were nice and they encourage me to start school.

I don't brag. I try to reconmmend my friends to go to post. I tell them it's not hard if you take good notes and read. They have online courses so if you work or have kids school online will be flexible and the right thing to do.Some people just work better by doing classes online. Other people beed to hear or see a teacher teach in order to learn. Post University has both campus and courses online. Thats what I like most about Post University. Right now I'm taking courses online.

Tiffany

The other students are supportive, friendly, helpful and above all in all the same situations as yourself.

I am attending Post via their accelerated degree program which is 100% online. It is local so I can still walk for my graduation. Also, I maintain a full time job and care for my 2 year old son. Intead of running to class every night I work, spend time with my son and then hit the books at night. So convenient!

Confidence. When I graduated high school I disliked school and went right into the working world. After a year or so I was tired of my low paying job. I started working on my associates degree. Being the stubborn person I am I wouldn't accept any help from my parents or relatives. I put myself through college and worked anywhere from 1 to 3 jobs to fund it. I finally got my associates degree in May of 2010 (about 8 years later). During this 8 years I also started a family. I have a wonderful 2 year old son who is my main motivation for continuing my education. I want him to grow up and succeed and know what his mother went through and that he can oversome anything! The feeling that I got after walking that stage and bursting into tears I wanted to keep going. I am now pursuing my Bachelor's Degree in Business Management. I have never felt more proud!

Suen

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior. I would tell myself to make sure i have a credit card so that when it's time for me to get loans for college I would have a good credit score by then so I wouldn't have any problems with loans to help me with school like how I'm having now. Are I would make sure to have a second option like the Army Reserve that way I can go to school while have money to help and also the benefit of the Army.

The best thing about my school is it is the right size for me, it's not located in the city or a populated area since I wasn't born in america there is no possible way that I can get lost if I go anywhere on my own. Plus almost everything is in walking distance if you don't own a car, and we have fresh food everyday at the cafeteria, and the cafeteria also keeps good time for students that have late classes. And last but not least the living arrangements are great for me at least.

You shouldn't attend this school if you prefer big schools that are located in the city. Because this school is located in the country area of Waterbury, where there are alot of trees. Which can be good or bad at times. Also the campus is small but it is just right for most people and it is also good for me so if you prefer schools that are big and are located in the city with a large campus then Post University is not for you.

pamela

I remember when I was in high school, it was a blast. Some days weren?t very happy, but most of my high school experience was filled with great memories. I just wish better advice was given to me. If I could go back to myself in high school I would tell myself to take school work seriously and make more out of the experience. I would have told myself to finish assignments soon as possible and to ask teachers for help a lot more often. I?d mention to study more and to set time aside for studying because it would have helped. The second thing I would tell myself to do is to talk to more people and not get caught up in clich?s or stereotypes. I would lastly tell myself to forgive others, not to judge others, and to give everyone a chance to be my friend. Although I made a few mistakes, my high school experience was so indescribable. I learned so much about myself that I never knew. Reading, writing, and listening are great ways to grow, but learning from our mistakes is what being in high school is all about.

The worst thing about this school is the distance between each building. Whenever you have to go to class you have to go from one building to another. Sometimes the weather will be horrible, but you still have to walk outside in that weather just to get to your other class. The most annoying walk is the long path from the Leever to Drubner athletic center. When you have to walk back up to class from Drubner you have to walk up two long hills to get there.

Anyone who loves to socialize and build strong friendships should come to this school. This school is all about making everyone feel comfortable with who they are and what they have to bring into our community. This school is all about celebrating diversity so whoever loves to be diverse should also come to this school. If sports or staying active is your life then you will make many friends at this university. If you are looking to be part of loving family then you need to go to Post University because that is how this university is like.

Heather

First of all, you're not going to be around your normal crowd of friends and this can be nerve wrecking. However, keep in mind that most freshmen students are going through the same thing, and you will make friends with everyone before you know it. Secondly, college is a great investment and you need to save up for tuition, books and required equipment or clothing. Plan ahead, get your Financial Aid completed as soon as possible and search for as many scholarships as you can. Talk to your financial aid planner concerning how you will pay for school. Take time to consider whether or not to live on campus. I suggest living on campus where all the resources you need are right at your finger tips. If you choose to commute you have to calculate the additional money you will be spending on gas and meals. Most important, class times and class work is mcuh different than high school. Classes are spread throughout the day and the work is intense. Give yourself study and homework time in a designated area to complete all of your work, your grades will depend on it!

Students who work hard and will do whatever it takes to succeed. Post offeres a variety of oppurtunities to get a better understanding of your courses. Students who take advantage of the learning center, library, and student educators will completely understand their course work and college life.

People who are lazy and not determined to succeed should not attent Post University. Post requires students to be hardworking and have a burning desire to make their dreams come true. Students who do not work hard for their dream will not be able to survive a semester at Post, nor do they deserve to.

Tabitha

I feel that my classmates are still learning about themselves, so it?s interesting to see them change or how they interact with one another. They are young, excited, and are willing to try. They are here to make their lives different from the rest; because of this I think they are pretty brave.

I would say Tabitha, in your freshman year of college, there are going to be so many things you will learn. There are going to be challenges and struggles that you wouldn?t think you would encounter, but you will, because you don?t know yourself fully. People will test you, and help mold you into a person you don?t know now. You just have to be confident in what you already know about yourself. Don?t let anyone change you unless it is to better yourself. You are already a good person, don?t forget that!.....Oh and study better on how to take notes, you aren't going to do so well in history.

The most frustrating thing about my school is there isn?t a place where I could go to clear my head. Post University is a small college, I do love this, but when I need time just to be by myself I can?t find a place where I can do so.

Joy

If i could take a step back in life, i would have challenged myself to alot more possibilities including self-motivation.When things got rough in my studies i should have went to somebody of higher learning and got help. Another thing i would have changed or made better,would have been my study habits because thats something that alot of us as students through out school have difficulty with. Some of the advice i would have given myself never be a FOLLWER,but be a LEADER. Something i know a little about all colleges are that, they look at your grades and if your grades coming up aren't good, then how do you expect them to want you as a part of their student body. College life is an experience that your going to carry for the rest of your life but you cant tell yourself what you SHOULD OF,COULD OF,WOULD OF,but DIDN'T do in high school, because its too late to turn back. I WOULD have done alot but the only thing i would have changed was my self-motivation because that hindered me to be smarter than i knew i could be.

I would tell myself to just stay calm and relax because everyone gets nervous even students who have been with the school for a year or two. Every new semester gives out new challenges and it takes adjusting again to a new schedule, new teacher, and new workload. The administration at the colleges are very helpful and friendly and will assist if any problems or questions arise. It is definitely a different and new experience but it is fun and rewarding. Just have to make sure you are ready to make sacrifices in order to have a prosperous school year. Once you get a set schedule down with when you want to do your school work, the rest of the time can be used to hang out with friends and have fun. You definitely need down time where you can take school off your mind otherwise you get burnt out but having a set schedule makes it a lot easier. Overall, it is a great experience and the lessons you learn stay with you for future endavers.

The thing I like best about this school is the degree programs and the distance learning. I love the fact that I can take my whole degree online and not have to worry about ever coming to the school. The degree programs are very diverse and have a great curriculum.

This school is great for anyone. There are a lot of people in the military that are overseas that are attending this school because they have a distance learning program. They also have an accelerated program which is excellent for students who want to complete their degree faster. They also have a broad range of majors which cater to a lot of different students.

My school is best known for its friendly atmosphere. It is also known for helpful professors and tutors that make sure that the students understand the subject that they are learning. There is always some kind of event happening at the school. These events consists of companies visiting the school to teach a lesson for a day, sports, etc.

The first thing I would tell myself is that I shouldn't go to Naugatuck Valley Community College. Naugtuck Valley has a really poor organization and communication system. First of all, the school is a maze. Some of the classrooms aren't labeled which makes it really hard to find what I was looking for. The teachers also teach the material at a fast pace. I have a learning disability and i learn material at a much slower pace. Anytime I asked the teacher to slow down, the teacher would just look at me and say nothing. Then the teacher would once again teach quickly. When I tried to ask for tutoring, none of the tutors would steer me in the right direction, which would still leave me confused. Also, when I try to send emails to any of my professors asking a question or preparing for my next semester, I would not get any answers or if I do get a response, it wouldn't even matter at that point. I would tell myself to just go to Post University right away. It would save me from a lot of stress and my future would be much better.

A person who is unwilling to learn should not attend this University. If a person wants to learn, it would be impossible to fail a class because of its excellent tutoring. Another kind of person that shouldn't be allowed to join this University are people that cause trouble to the establishment and influence others to do the same thing as the troublemaker.

Post University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.