Waterbury, CT
Post University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Post University

Heather

First of all, you're not going to be around your normal crowd of friends and this can be nerve wrecking. However, keep in mind that most freshmen students are going through the same thing, and you will make friends with everyone before you know it. Secondly, college is a great investment and you need to save up for tuition, books and required equipment or clothing. Plan ahead, get your Financial Aid completed as soon as possible and search for as many scholarships as you can. Talk to your financial aid planner concerning how you will pay for school. Take time to consider whether or not to live on campus. I suggest living on campus where all the resources you need are right at your finger tips. If you choose to commute you have to calculate the additional money you will be spending on gas and meals. Most important, class times and class work is mcuh different than high school. Classes are spread throughout the day and the work is intense. Give yourself study and homework time in a designated area to complete all of your work, your grades will depend on it!

Students who work hard and will do whatever it takes to succeed. Post offeres a variety of oppurtunities to get a better understanding of your courses. Students who take advantage of the learning center, library, and student educators will completely understand their course work and college life.

People who are lazy and not determined to succeed should not attent Post University. Post requires students to be hardworking and have a burning desire to make their dreams come true. Students who do not work hard for their dream will not be able to survive a semester at Post, nor do they deserve to.

Tabitha

I feel that my classmates are still learning about themselves, so it?s interesting to see them change or how they interact with one another. They are young, excited, and are willing to try. They are here to make their lives different from the rest; because of this I think they are pretty brave.

I would say Tabitha, in your freshman year of college, there are going to be so many things you will learn. There are going to be challenges and struggles that you wouldn?t think you would encounter, but you will, because you don?t know yourself fully. People will test you, and help mold you into a person you don?t know now. You just have to be confident in what you already know about yourself. Don?t let anyone change you unless it is to better yourself. You are already a good person, don?t forget that!.....Oh and study better on how to take notes, you aren't going to do so well in history.

The most frustrating thing about my school is there isn?t a place where I could go to clear my head. Post University is a small college, I do love this, but when I need time just to be by myself I can?t find a place where I can do so.

Joy

If i could take a step back in life, i would have challenged myself to alot more possibilities including self-motivation.When things got rough in my studies i should have went to somebody of higher learning and got help. Another thing i would have changed or made better,would have been my study habits because thats something that alot of us as students through out school have difficulty with. Some of the advice i would have given myself never be a FOLLWER,but be a LEADER. Something i know a little about all colleges are that, they look at your grades and if your grades coming up aren't good, then how do you expect them to want you as a part of their student body. College life is an experience that your going to carry for the rest of your life but you cant tell yourself what you SHOULD OF,COULD OF,WOULD OF,but DIDN'T do in high school, because its too late to turn back. I WOULD have done alot but the only thing i would have changed was my self-motivation because that hindered me to be smarter than i knew i could be.

I would tell myself to just stay calm and relax because everyone gets nervous even students who have been with the school for a year or two. Every new semester gives out new challenges and it takes adjusting again to a new schedule, new teacher, and new workload. The administration at the colleges are very helpful and friendly and will assist if any problems or questions arise. It is definitely a different and new experience but it is fun and rewarding. Just have to make sure you are ready to make sacrifices in order to have a prosperous school year. Once you get a set schedule down with when you want to do your school work, the rest of the time can be used to hang out with friends and have fun. You definitely need down time where you can take school off your mind otherwise you get burnt out but having a set schedule makes it a lot easier. Overall, it is a great experience and the lessons you learn stay with you for future endavers.

The thing I like best about this school is the degree programs and the distance learning. I love the fact that I can take my whole degree online and not have to worry about ever coming to the school. The degree programs are very diverse and have a great curriculum.

This school is great for anyone. There are a lot of people in the military that are overseas that are attending this school because they have a distance learning program. They also have an accelerated program which is excellent for students who want to complete their degree faster. They also have a broad range of majors which cater to a lot of different students.

My school is best known for its friendly atmosphere. It is also known for helpful professors and tutors that make sure that the students understand the subject that they are learning. There is always some kind of event happening at the school. These events consists of companies visiting the school to teach a lesson for a day, sports, etc.

The first thing I would tell myself is that I shouldn't go to Naugatuck Valley Community College. Naugtuck Valley has a really poor organization and communication system. First of all, the school is a maze. Some of the classrooms aren't labeled which makes it really hard to find what I was looking for. The teachers also teach the material at a fast pace. I have a learning disability and i learn material at a much slower pace. Anytime I asked the teacher to slow down, the teacher would just look at me and say nothing. Then the teacher would once again teach quickly. When I tried to ask for tutoring, none of the tutors would steer me in the right direction, which would still leave me confused. Also, when I try to send emails to any of my professors asking a question or preparing for my next semester, I would not get any answers or if I do get a response, it wouldn't even matter at that point. I would tell myself to just go to Post University right away. It would save me from a lot of stress and my future would be much better.

A person who is unwilling to learn should not attend this University. If a person wants to learn, it would be impossible to fail a class because of its excellent tutoring. Another kind of person that shouldn't be allowed to join this University are people that cause trouble to the establishment and influence others to do the same thing as the troublemaker.

Judy

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, and knowing now about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself is setting goals for myself to become the best student; also not to forget my purpose for attending college; that is to focus on my career goals.

What I wish that I had known before I matriculated at Post University is their unselfish attitude that focuses on student success.

When considering what type of person should attend Post University, I say that a person who is career oriented or establishes high goals and aspirations for himself/herself.

Ana

Post University is a very calm but fulfilling school to attend.

Post University is a very calm but fulfilling school to attend.

The advice that i would give to myself would be to visit the college you are planning to attend before deciding to go there.

The worst thing about my school is that if you do not have a car you are most liikely not going to leave campus frequently. My school has no shuttle busses to take students to malls, or the city. You have to have a car or have a friend that has a car.

Taqueya

i would have to say: look for a school that has all of your interests. Try a small school because the ratio from professor to students will be higher. Its always good to ask questions when you dont understand because if you dont help yourself then no one will! its ok to have fun, just make sure that your work is done a head of time. For example if u have a paper do next week, do it when yoy first get the assignment. That way you dont have to worry about it when its time to hand it in and it will be done on time. Take advantage of your tutors even if you know every thing or almost. Its always good to better yourself in your courses. Most of all, stay on top of the game. Dont get cought in the college life that everyone loves because it wont get you no where but back home wit your parents. Go to school for yourself and NO ONE else!

i brag about the accounting program they have there.

Financial aid is the most frustrating.

Catherine

My school is small but it feels like a big family. There is a lot of thing to do like going to events plan by the school: like going to six flags. The classes are small and a lot people like that because thy feel better talking in front of a small crowed of people.

I will them to pick five schools and make sure that they did there homework on each school, to go to the school that has something you love: like football, acting, baseball, math, english, does not matter what you like if they have go for it. If you feel better in a small school, look for one and if it's a big one fine look for one. Find things you love, does matter what if the school has it , apply to that school. good luck it is a major pain looking for the right school but once you find it, it would all be worth it.

I tell my friends how much I love the small classes and how wonderful the campus is. I tell them that there are a lot of places to study. I tell them that are easy to make fiends; there are a lot of things to do on weekends: like go to sports events or event plan by clubs.

Dawnmarie

College is a highly individualized experience. Parents should begin to assist their children by nurturing and asking them questions about their goals, aspirations, comforts and desires while honestly listening to what they have to say. Parents should encourage their children to strive to achieve those goals, while guiding and supporting them. Every person has different strengths to capitalize upon. A student should work to learn about themselves. What do they enjoy; what are they good at? This process will aid them in their discovery of programs and schools that best match their interests, goals, needs and lifestyle. Although grades are important, college is about learning. A student should focus on learning and absorbing all they can, asking any and all questions. Advisors and staff are more than willing to help students find their way. There are an immense number of schools and programs with options to fit every person's needs including in-classroom, online, study-abroad and day, evening and weekend classes with majors in every imaginable area of study. With such a wealth of opportunities, there is a college and program where every person can recognize their own personal dreams of success.

Lazy people should not attend this school. The online program is very labor intensive and requires a great deal of research and writing.

The helpful nature of the staff from the advisors to the professors. I have never attended a college where the staff was so willing to help and listen to the students needs and concerns as at Post University. It was one of the primary reasons I chose to attend this school compared to others. I was confident of their support, which I find particularly important when considering and attending an online program.

Post University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.