Waterbury, CT
Post University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Post University

My school is best known for its friendly atmosphere. It is also known for helpful professors and tutors that make sure that the students understand the subject that they are learning. There is always some kind of event happening at the school. These events consists of companies visiting the school to teach a lesson for a day, sports, etc.

The first thing I would tell myself is that I shouldn't go to Naugatuck Valley Community College. Naugtuck Valley has a really poor organization and communication system. First of all, the school is a maze. Some of the classrooms aren't labeled which makes it really hard to find what I was looking for. The teachers also teach the material at a fast pace. I have a learning disability and i learn material at a much slower pace. Anytime I asked the teacher to slow down, the teacher would just look at me and say nothing. Then the teacher would once again teach quickly. When I tried to ask for tutoring, none of the tutors would steer me in the right direction, which would still leave me confused. Also, when I try to send emails to any of my professors asking a question or preparing for my next semester, I would not get any answers or if I do get a response, it wouldn't even matter at that point. I would tell myself to just go to Post University right away. It would save me from a lot of stress and my future would be much better.

A person who is unwilling to learn should not attend this University. If a person wants to learn, it would be impossible to fail a class because of its excellent tutoring. Another kind of person that shouldn't be allowed to join this University are people that cause trouble to the establishment and influence others to do the same thing as the troublemaker.

Judy

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, and knowing now about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself is setting goals for myself to become the best student; also not to forget my purpose for attending college; that is to focus on my career goals.

What I wish that I had known before I matriculated at Post University is their unselfish attitude that focuses on student success.

When considering what type of person should attend Post University, I say that a person who is career oriented or establishes high goals and aspirations for himself/herself.

Ana

Post University is a very calm but fulfilling school to attend.

Post University is a very calm but fulfilling school to attend.

The advice that i would give to myself would be to visit the college you are planning to attend before deciding to go there.

The worst thing about my school is that if you do not have a car you are most liikely not going to leave campus frequently. My school has no shuttle busses to take students to malls, or the city. You have to have a car or have a friend that has a car.

Taqueya

i would have to say: look for a school that has all of your interests. Try a small school because the ratio from professor to students will be higher. Its always good to ask questions when you dont understand because if you dont help yourself then no one will! its ok to have fun, just make sure that your work is done a head of time. For example if u have a paper do next week, do it when yoy first get the assignment. That way you dont have to worry about it when its time to hand it in and it will be done on time. Take advantage of your tutors even if you know every thing or almost. Its always good to better yourself in your courses. Most of all, stay on top of the game. Dont get cought in the college life that everyone loves because it wont get you no where but back home wit your parents. Go to school for yourself and NO ONE else!

i brag about the accounting program they have there.

Financial aid is the most frustrating.

Catherine

My school is small but it feels like a big family. There is a lot of thing to do like going to events plan by the school: like going to six flags. The classes are small and a lot people like that because thy feel better talking in front of a small crowed of people.

I will them to pick five schools and make sure that they did there homework on each school, to go to the school that has something you love: like football, acting, baseball, math, english, does not matter what you like if they have go for it. If you feel better in a small school, look for one and if it's a big one fine look for one. Find things you love, does matter what if the school has it , apply to that school. good luck it is a major pain looking for the right school but once you find it, it would all be worth it.

I tell my friends how much I love the small classes and how wonderful the campus is. I tell them that there are a lot of places to study. I tell them that are easy to make fiends; there are a lot of things to do on weekends: like go to sports events or event plan by clubs.

Dawnmarie

College is a highly individualized experience. Parents should begin to assist their children by nurturing and asking them questions about their goals, aspirations, comforts and desires while honestly listening to what they have to say. Parents should encourage their children to strive to achieve those goals, while guiding and supporting them. Every person has different strengths to capitalize upon. A student should work to learn about themselves. What do they enjoy; what are they good at? This process will aid them in their discovery of programs and schools that best match their interests, goals, needs and lifestyle. Although grades are important, college is about learning. A student should focus on learning and absorbing all they can, asking any and all questions. Advisors and staff are more than willing to help students find their way. There are an immense number of schools and programs with options to fit every person's needs including in-classroom, online, study-abroad and day, evening and weekend classes with majors in every imaginable area of study. With such a wealth of opportunities, there is a college and program where every person can recognize their own personal dreams of success.

Lazy people should not attend this school. The online program is very labor intensive and requires a great deal of research and writing.

The helpful nature of the staff from the advisors to the professors. I have never attended a college where the staff was so willing to help and listen to the students needs and concerns as at Post University. It was one of the primary reasons I chose to attend this school compared to others. I was confident of their support, which I find particularly important when considering and attending an online program.

Carleen

Start early to submit appilcation and financial aid. Look for colleges that offer a good package with scholarship

REPETUTATION , CONVENIENCE

Encourage students to be proactive with there learning progress

Ruby

Excellent. Offers a lot of degrees for all interests.

Excellent. Offers a lot of degrees for all interests.

The right college is going to be the one that offers the degree that you are looking for. To have fun in college you have to stay focused on your education. If you let all of the surrounding social activities interefere, you will be in college for 8 years instead of 4. It's hard to find a school that suits you best, but think about where you will learn and grow the most and choose that school.

The hardest thing is to keep on top of your school work. Everything is very fast paced so you have to stay focused.

James

They iffer acceleraed online classes to aid in speeding up your graudation process if you desire too.

Vist the college and ask a lot of questions. Take the time to interact with students and staff to really get the feel of the school before attending.

Joe

In September of 2005 I decided to resume my college education after a fifteen year hiatus. I was concerned that either my grades or my earnings would suffer, but the risk was necessary as I was dedicated to earning my degree. In relation to my studies I have been able to use the many practices and experiences of my fifteen year work career to better understand course content and use my dedication of earning a degree as a tool to further not only my profession, but also my studies. In hindsight I properly identified my need of earning a degree to further my career and developed alternative plans to achieve this goal by using the time and resources available wisely. The choice was made to pursue a higher education after carefully reviewing scenarios and talking matters over with other people who have gone through the same process. Once this plan to further my education was implemented I kept a watchful eye on time allocation, resources I would need to properly blend the two forces and minimize consequences on any one aspect, and made sure any responsibilities I had were met and given the proper attention.

Lack of school spirit and career networking.

Withdrawn with very little artistic ambition.

Post University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.