Prairie State College

« See more reviews of Prairie State College

I have always LOVED school. Unfortunately I became pregnant in my junior year, but I did graduate with my class nonetheless. Since that time, I have always wanted to go back to school, but I had to work full-time to support my family. As luck or bad luck, if you will, would have it, I was laid off of my job so I took this "opportunity" to return to school and pursue a degree. I am very determined to see this through, but of course, financially it has been quite a struggle.

My advice to myself would be not to jump the gun and to only go to college when I feel that I'm ready to. I feel that at the age of 17 or 18 (when most people get out of high school) many people lack the maturity to take college life as seriously as they should. I wish I could have just one chance to go back in time to when I graduated and tell myself not to waste my time in pursuing a degree in graphic design. It just wasn't me

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about college life, I would tell myself to relax. The unknown is scary, and as a senior I was very tense about college. Would people there like me? Would the courseload be too much for me? Now I know that the people at Prairie State are very friendly, and that there is no courseload too great, if your determination is equal to the challenge.

you might think that you can make it on your own, but having friends with you does help. Dont be so shy when you get to school and talk to more people, you will be more successful.

I would tell myself that it is not like high school, it is more independent so be ready to grow up and do things on your own.

always get an a. study hard. dont give in to pressure

To take things seriously and stay focused.