Prairie View, TX
Prairie View A & M University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Prairie View A & M University

Chelsea

I would make sure that the college caters to the needs of their child whether it is concerning their race,gender,physical and mental capabilities, and major.

I like the fact there are a lot of African Americans that attend this college. I feel as though I fit right in. I feel like the University caters to our needs and are truly preparing us for the real world

Students who want to be teachers, engineers, and nurses.

Sylvester

The campus is very unique compared to the other schools I considered. Prairie View provides the best on-campus housing than any other HBCU in the state of Texas. The campus is beautiful and makes me feel like I can continue my education there for many years. The trees provide great amounts of shade from the heat I love so much and the crape mertles are prosperious. The agricultural farming and cow herding is pretty cool also. There isn't an HBCU in Texas like ours.

The advice I would give parents and/or students about finding the right college experience would be, to make sure this is a campus where you do not mind getting your education, for the consecutive months or years you will be there. This can be done by making campus visits. Try and make the campus visit during an active part of the school year to get a real feel of what the campus is like. Don't attend the college if it does not have the major you would like or compromise your education plan and career goals. Check the graduation rate for men and women for the entire student body, and then check the graduation rate for the men and women pursuing the same profession. This helps you determine the difficulty of staying focused on campus and leaves you to find out why, but don?t let that frighten you.

I like to brag about the women the most. Prairie View A&M University has a reputation of having some the most beautiful black women in Texas. I have visited over 20 different college campuses in the great state of texas and i'm convinced Prairie View women are the finest and the brightest. They are very out going , sociable, and are very smart.

Aundrea

When looking for the right college all i can say is simply be true to yourself. Students dont go out there and choose a school that your parents want you to go to or because all your friends are going there. You have to choose that school that is going to fit your needs. Such as you must choose a school that fits your major, will accommodate your lifestyle and let you be open to new things. When i was choosing a school those are the things that i looked for when i was applying. Once you choose that school of your choice your college experience is bound to be nothing but nothing but good. I guarantee it. Also once you get to that school be open minded about everything. You will be surprised at the new things will like when you give everything a try. My favorite motto is " you wont know until you try" and being in college thats a phrase i live by.

The worst thing about my school is the financial aid department. Usually the staff is never in their office nor do they answer the phone. The staff can pretty slow about putting things out there on the internet for you. When it comes to your money you need to have someone that is going to be available all the time. So thats the only thing that i consider pretty bad.

I tell my friends about the good food we have all the time. My school has so many activities and it seems like there is always something going on and i love that. I tell my friends about the new friends that i havve made and how people at my school are really friendly. I love my classes because im actually learning about things that i am interested in. So its really cool to be doing that. Overall my school is pretty great. I know i made a good choice by going there and i wouldnt change that.

Kiara

It is important to choose the college that you feel is right for you. Don't follow your friends or family or significant others. Take the time and really put your priorities in check.

The best thing about my school is the fact that as a freshman the school organizes so many different activities for you to participate in. The faculty and staff make it very hard for you to ever feel alone or out of place. On the very first day you get there you feel like your a part of a family. The warm enviornment they provide makes it very easy for out of state students to forget the fact that they ae so far away from home.

The worst thing about my school is that unless you have a car or a very reliable friend, it is extremely hard to get to the grocery store. The Walmart is about 20 minutes away and walking there is out of the question.

Taurean

My classmates are outspoken at times but when it comes down to handling business they are digging deep into there books and studying.

To parents and/or students who are looking for the right or appropriate school to attend Id look for one that suites me all around. For an example if Im outgoing and love to do extracurricular activities as well study Id pick a school that has that and more.

A kind person that should attend PV is someone who is dedicated in their studies and want to become something in life especially a person coming from nothing or a poor environment.

Prairie View A & M University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.