Pratt Institute-Main Top Questions

The type of person that should go to Pratt is someone who is dedicated to the program they are entering and but are willing to explore other areas of art in order to enhance their degree and skills in art. Other ideal qualities should include perserverance, responsibility and a willingness to accept critique. When you have professors telling you that your work needs more revision, it is sometimes hard to hear. Not everyone is born perfect, and I know I am willing to learn and accept criticism of my work in order to perfect my craft.

Tabetha

A unique individual who can handle a lot of criticism and can sort through advice. They need to be able to adapt at all times but still stay true to who they are.

Ariya

Someone who wants to have a career in art or design

The kind of person that should attend this school is a professionally driven artist who thrives in an open and extremely creative environment. They must also be able to balance their academic life at Pratt with the highly distracting social environment of Brooklyn and Manhattan (which is only 30-45 mins away by subway). Pratt is for those who want to start off running in their chosen field. Everything from the get go is entirely career-oriented and specifically catered to the job industry in which the student will someday enter.

Suzie

easy going, independent, outgoing

An alcoholic, amphetamine addict with a knack for drawing.

Michele

Someone motivated and absolutely committed to their art. If you don't love it don't bother... Because you need that love to want it enough to succede in the business.

a very dedicated artist that doesn't want to do anything else and doesn't mind making no money

Jimmy

The type of person who should attend this school is a person with an art or design focused mind, someone who see the beauty in everything or see potintial for beauty.