Pratt Institute-Main Top Questions

The food is expensive and not good, and also the cafeteria is only open till 7pm. We have a place called the pi shop. It is full of oily, unhealthy foods. In all, I feel like there is not a lot of healthy food, and when there is a healthier option such as fresh fruit or yogurt, it is ridiculously expensive.

Rebecca

To be honest, how much it costs. Coming from a single-income family, it is hard for my mother and I to afford the loans I am forced to take out every year. It is also difficult to afford when the tuition is raised every year so the school can then spend money on renivations and security. However expensive my school is, I know that I am getting one of the best art educations in the country and will do anything to continue to go here.

The administration buildings. They need to have more patience.

Blanca

I enjoy walking however in the winter months walking to building on the other side of campus can be hectic, I am originally from Florida where it is usually eighty and sunny. Walking in the cold with the wind blowing canbe frustrating.

Rona

Security is half-assed, everything is overpriced, surrounding areas are dangers.

James

The lack of student focused facilities. After moving off campus I realized that there is no place that I can just sit down. No TVs, couches, bars, pool table. That was the major change I noticed after transfering from a state school .

Robert

Obtuse financial aid staff and staff in general.

Lila

I don't know.

Scott

Most the teachers are artists who just need a job and act accordingly and rather unsympathetically pile busy work onto students.

Gillian

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is extremely expensive. I understand that in an art school, purchasing supplies are crucial, however, it seems as though there is a lack of supplies offered to students. The tuition itself is a lot, as well as everything else that a student must spend money on. As a graphic design student, I am frustrated with the fact that color printing is so expensive. I feel that there should be a system that provides free printing for communications design students to help us save some money for other much needed supplies .

Being up all night in your studio instead out in the city that never sleeps.