Princeton, NJ
Princeton University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Princeton University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Chinwendu

When I was deciding what college to go to, it was an easy decision. This is the school that I am meant to be at. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Princeton is accommodating and thoughtful of their students, even when school is not in session. It's hard work, but that's what you should expect at the number one school in America.

Natalie

I have attended Princeton for 2 years, and so far it has been a great experience. So many of my fellow students are not only intellectually curious but also have fascinating life experiences. Most professors have been accessible and seem to really want students to succeed--from what I gather, Princeton has an unusually large focus on undergrads for a University because we don't have many grad programs. There are so many groups to join, it can almost be overwhelming. While some of them are by tryout only, like many singing/dancing groups, there is something for everyone. The campus itself is also beautiful. However, I will say that the gym is way too small, and while many dorms are gorgeous and castle-like on the outside, the rooms themselves are a bit underwhelming. Overall, though, I really love my school!

WENMINQI

w

w

Jada

It sucked.

It sucked.

Ayame

Princeton has high quality academics if you choose the right classes and also has a pretty high workload. The party scene is fairly monotonous (there's basically just the Street, and more or less nothing else). There are a wide variety of extracurriculars to choose from.

Tea

I love this campus. It is very traditional, but Princeton spends more money on each undergraduate than any other school in the nation and it shows. We are all incredibly lucky to be here, as there so many opportunities for us. In fact, there are so many opportunities that we feel overwhelmed most of the time.

Kandace

Princeton University is an amazing place. I would recommend it to everyone. It is helping me develop into the person I want to be on a daily basis. I meet people who change my perspective on everything everywhere I go. People are friendly and always desire to help others.

Elaine
Amazing experience

Attending Princeton has been an incredible experience. The community is super tight and offers endless support

Amazing experience

Haley

I really do love Princeton. The community is difficult to describe, but it's so exciting and supportive and challenging all at the same time. Campus is a great size where you always see people you know without ever feeling like you know everyone. One thing I never considered before coming here that I've really come to appreciate is the alumni support, traditions, and overall school spirit. There definitely is a sense of being part of something bigger than yourself (as a student, Reunions is just about the coolest thing ever). Most people love it here and continue to love it for the rest of their lives. On the less positive side, the social constructs that define campus can be a bit limiting. Eating clubs divide up the classes between upperclassmen and underclassmen, and freshman are generally their own sort of subgroup. That being said, no one is antagonistic to people just because of their year. It's just harder to make older friends as a younger student, and you usually meet them through extracurricular activities (Of course that's probably true at any school).

What's the Greek scene like?

Under the radar. You can't rush until sophomore year, but more and more sophomores are rushing lately. Frats are small and tight knit. There's 5 more popular, well-known ones and at least 4 others. Several aren't affiliated w/nationals (lost charters etc). Only 3 sororities: Pi Phi, Theta, and Kappa. All have large pledge classes and therefore aren't super close. Generally focused around social events.

What's the dating scene like?

Not much casual dating. I have friends who have experienced it, but I haven't. Mostly a divide between drunk hook-up culture and more serious relationships.

There's so much going on that it's hard to say what's most popular on campus. If they count in this then the eating clubs are most popular with a majority of upperclassmen joining them. Popular groups I can think of off the top of my head are Triangle (Comedy Musical Theater Group), The Prince (School Paper), a cappella groups, performance groups in general (so many dance groups!). Greek life is popular among certain groups once you're not a freshman.

The academics are challenging but rewarding. You have to work extremely hard here, but there is always support if you are willing to look for it. There is a huge array of university sponsored support options (ex. tutoring), but I have found that my friends have been the biggest support. Princeton students are competitive, but not against each other. We all want to be above average, but I have never seen someone refuse to help someone else just to give themselves a leg up (I've heard some horror stories from other schools). In general there is a huge amount of support.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

Princeton's social scene is simultaneously inclusive and exclusive. Everyone can go out to the street on a normal weekend and find somewhere to party, but the bicker eating clubs like to enforce exclusivity with lists and pass systems.

We sing our school song (Old Nassau) at the end of any performance, game, or school event. It's such a unique and special moment that brings everyone together. It always reminds me of why I love Princeton.

There are a lot of Princeton stereotypes, and I think they are all true to varying degrees. That being said, none of them have defined my experience or the general campus atmosphere. There is the WASPy, conservative, preppy, trust-fund brat stereotype that many people associate with Princeton. I have met a few people that might fit this stereotype on the surface, but they have all shown themselves to be just as passionate, intelligent, kind, and driven as any other student. The geeky stereotype is definitely more prevalent across campus since we are all geeks to some extent. But being nerdy doesn't mean we all spend the weekends studying. Princeton students definitely believe in both working hard and playing hard.

Samuel

I have but a single regret. If I could give any piece of advice to my high school self, I would need just three words: kiss the boy. At the time, I had every reason not to. There were serious questions. Was he gay? Was I? How would my parents react? It’s hard to risk the leap from friends to something more, and back then, I just couldn’t do it. All the same, I was given every opportunity. A guys’ night out, where the others “just couldn’t make it,” a sleepover far away from home, even the moment when he withdrew from his own closet. If I could have taken that advice and told him how I felt, I would have been a more open person. Regardless of what his response would have been, I needed to learn to talk about these delicate interpersonal relationships. It’s all too easy to bottle up emotions, and it’s all too painful when they come pouring out. Since then, I’ve met other people, and I am learning to be more forthright about my emotions. However, it’s a lesson I wish someone had helped me with long ago.

The best thing about Princeton is definately the spread clubs and activities. Anything you could ever be interested in, Princeton is where you'll get to try it out. It doesn't matter if it's juggling, or fencing, or protesting, or anything in between. Even better, these oppurtunities are free. Princeton's the experience of a lifetime, and trust me, you'll be having the time of your life.

Princeton University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.