Princeton, NJ
Princeton University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Princeton University

Fixed  rate loan

Carlee

I would advise myself to go with my instincts and to keep an open mind. As a high school senior, I was eventually admitted to my first-choice school, which was in my home state of California. Having applied early to this school and been deferred, however, I would advise myself to not apply early. Applying early just increased my stress levels, and getting deferred was a huge disappointment. Instead of applying early, I would advise myself to keep considering all schools and to really think about the possibility of going across the country for college. I ended up choosing between two schools, my initial first choice in California and another school in New Jersey, about two hours before the deadline. Ultimately I chose the New Jersey school, but seriously considering that possibility from the beginning of the process might have made my decision easier. I remember that at the end, I was almost crying from the enormity of deciding to leave home. Thinking about that possibility earlier might have made the process less emotional. But most importantly, I would tell myself to have faith that my college experience would be worth the pain of applying.

I brag about my living situation--I live in a roomy quad with four single rooms and a private bathroom. All of my friends live close to me, so I get to see them a lot, and the building we live in is both modern and architectually pleasing. I also brag about how pretty the campus is, with old Gothic-style buildings and lots of green lawns, and about the wonderful people I've met here. I've made a lot of friends, and professors and administrators have always been pretty available and helpful.

I wish I had known that my school only offers minors in a few departments; most departments that offer majors do not offer minors (or certificates, as we call them). I had assumed that all departments offered certificates . I also wish I had anticipated how difficult it would be to move across the country a couple times each year. I live a couple thousand miles away from my school, so storing my stuff over the summer can be a big problem, especially since my school only provides storage to international students.

Jacqueline

Personally, I think the worst thing about Princeton is that it doesn't allow double majors. There are so many things I'm interested in and want to study and sometimes I wish Princeton allowed its students to concentrate in more than one area. However, this policy has the best interest of the student in mind: Princeton wants us to focus in excelling in one area instead of being spread too thin. If it were up to me, I would be a professional student and acquire about 4 or 5 degrees.

I think the best characteristic of Princeton University is the student body. 40% of my freshman class alone is made up of international students from all over the world. This means I'm constantly exposed to people who originate from different cultures and backgrounds. For instance, the other day I ate breakfast with a girl from Dubai who lives in my building and then met with a friend from the Bahamas. Princeton University is a melting pot of global perspectives and diversity, a fact that makes everyon's experience there richer and more life-enhancing.

I was always extremely eager to finish high school and begin my college experience. I thought I had everything figured out. I knew exactly what I wanted to pursue and couldn't wait to begin. If I could travel back in time, I would tell myself to let go of that close-minded certainty. I would advise the younger me to open her mind to all of the extraordinary possibilities Princeton offers, even those that may seem incompatible with what she wants for herself. College has expanded my way of thinking in a way I never could've imagined. In my first semester at Princeton, I learned more about myself than I did in the last two YEARS of high school. The preconceived ideas I had about myself dissolved within months. I'm now pursuing a major in Astrophysics, something I never would've considered as a senior in high school. I am discovering who I am as both an intellectual and personal individual. College is such a valuable and life-altering experience if one enters into it with an open mind and heart. "You don't know anything," I would say to myself. "Your real education starts now."

Ricardo

First: relax. Although the college application process seems frightening, stressing about it every single second will not make it better. Take a moment to breathe and remember that all of your hard work up to now will actually pay off. Second: Remind yourself that you will be around people who are not from the same area as you. There will some things that your fellow students will do that you are not used to, and there will be things that -- while you may find normal -- they might find odd. As long as you keep an open mind and see things from other people's perspective, cultural differences will be less of a burden and more of a learning experience. Finally: Never forget to have fun. Yes, your primary reason for going to college is that you want to get an education that will prepare you for the real world. But there are many other ways to prepare, and some ways you can only learn from participating in an organization or going to campus events. If an event looks interesting to you, go to it! You may find a new friend, or a new talent that you never thought you had.

The Admissions Office takes great care in ensuring that people from all kinds of backgrounds and with many life experiences are brought together on its campus. The diverse student body at Princeton allows everybody to learn from each other, and every day you discover that somone else might not be from the same area from you -- and instead are from another city, another state, or even another country!

Princeton is for students who are not afraid of leaving their comfort zone. They should be ready to break from their traditional views and learn about ideals and opinions they may not have heard of when they were growing up. They should also be ready to try something new and do something they might not have thought of doing prior to coming here. Princeton is all about experiencing differences, and students who are prepared for that are more than able to succeed here.

Birgtt

While there is certainly very little to complain about, I would say, as a Freshman, that the most frustrating thing is that there aren't many opportunities to connect with people from my math and science classes. While many classes have precepts, or classes designated for discussion, science classes for Freshmen are somewhat less personal, so it's hard making friends at the outset of classes.

I wish I had known how to balance my time! Sometimes it's hard adjusting to a schedule that has so much "free time" and learning how to use it to study more effectively. I also wish that I could have learned how to organize my homwork. Unlike high school, where time and work are very regimented, Princeton has a lot of work that it expects you to know how to manage on your own.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself in three areas: time management, the importance of companions and family, and the fervent use of my God-given talents. In regards to time management, I would tell myself to work hard, not letting any petty or frivolous distaction sway my attention, and to invest time in hobbies once the work was complete. I would also tell myself to invest time in the lives of others. Oftentimes, striving to succeed can distract people from the most valuable gifts of all: people who were there for you in your success and your failures, loving you every step of the way. And finally, I would tell myself to use my abilities with confidence. Sometimes people are more talented than they think they are; don't be afraid to be passionate about things that interest you, even if you aren't an expert!

Tenley

At Princeton University, in addition to lectutes we also had time with 10 or so other students to study with the professor or the graduate student professor's assitant to spend one hour speaking and talking about the subject matter. This is an opportunity many other colleges do not provide! At the University of Phoenix, where I currently attend gard school, the professor is availale 24/7 via email to answer your specific questions and disucss elements of the course with you.

I would tell my former self to spend less time partying an worrying about your social repuatation an spend more time on academics and ultivating a relationship with your advisor and professors. These relationships may last a lifetime. while false social relationships come and go.

Firstly, that I got into and graduated from the best university in the world, aruguable: Princeton University. Now, I attend University of Phoenix where I take classes completely online, an can work full-time while taking classes and earning my MA online in my own time!

Carrie

Compared to other schools, Princeton University excels in both academics and athletics. Furthermore, the opportunities available at Princeton are astounding. Within a single week, you can listen to an open lecture given by a popular neuroscientist, attend classes and sporting events, meet a famous actress and playwright as well as meet 20 students, each from unique backgrounds with their own experiences to draw from on campus. And with all of these opportunities, for students who participate in varsity athletics, there is a balance between academics and athletics, providing the athletes with adequate time to pursue the multitude of enriching experiences.

The type of student that should attend Princeton University is an intelligent, dedicated and social person. Within the classroom, and in a plethera of out-of-classroom opportunitites, Princeton is the place for students to pursue their curiousities and ask endless questions, learning and abundance of new things daily, especially through conversations with other students. The dedication is required at Princeton to continue to strive for excellence in all activities. Hard work is required in completing one's studies, striving to reach the next level. And a social person should attend Princeton to take advantage of the various people there.

After completing practice, finally having a chance to get dinner and shower in the locker room, much time has elapsed, and it is essential to complete the necessary assignments at a decent hour, in order to get a good night of sleep prior to class the following morning. To get work done in the most efficient manner, going straight to a library after dinner is the most productive means. Then, after completing all homework for the night, time can then be spent to relax a little and socialize with others at college. But while in season, managing time is of the utmost importance, as you are not just a student, but a student-athlete. The rigors of being a collegiate athlete are much more demanding than in high school, a lot in part to the challenges of a college curriculum as opposed to that of high school. Once good practices are established and a routine is in place, it is then easier to adjust and find times in the day and during the week that are more suitable for "down-time." College life is what you decide to make it, and the experiences had are dictated by your choices.

Robert

Meet everyone you can! Don't let anything hold you back from trying something new.

Worst thing? I can't even think of anything... possibly having finals after winter break (European style)

There is really a spot for any kind of person here.

Annie

Although Princeton is not in a bustling city and most students just stay on campus all the time, there is never a shortage of things to do at Princeton. There are numerous shows to see, lectures to attend, new activities to try out, even parties to have fun at. One day a famous comedian may perform while the next day the U.N. Secretary General and the Turkish Prime Minister may give speeches (I've gone to all 3). Everyone is so involved, so even though the campus is really small, you never notice it.

Once you graduate high school and enter college, don't assume that you can slack off. Just because you are now safely in college does not mean your life is set; you cannot sit back and relax. Now more than ever, you have to work, work, and work. As an entering freshman at Princeton, I thought that I had finally reached the peak of this mountain that I had spent the last four years trying to climb, only to find that I was merely at the summit of another mountain. If you thought getting INTO college was hard, wait until you actually have to get THROUGH college. Now more than ever, I realize that the process of striving never ends. As a high school senior, you probably are disheartened to hear this, but as you experience college and all that it has to offer, you will come to relish the act of striving for something you really desire. But at the same time, balance is key. All work can drive you insane, causing you to miss out on your college experience.

Princeton offers its students countless opportunities to be successful, from the famous professors, to the famous speakers, thought-provoking seminars, and a wide range of activities, but I think the best thing about Princeton is that it always encourages its students in whatever endeavors they may pursue. Don't have enough money for your project? Princeton will give it to you. Don't have the resources? Princeton will give it to you. Anything you want is possible as long as you try, and Princeton will do all that it can to help you make your dream come true.

Maya

If I had the ability to speak to myself a year ago about my future college experience I would reassure myself that what I was going into was the right choice for me and that Westminster Choir College was an excellent fit for me. I think I would also mention how I would quickly come to really like the cold weather and snow!

I have found my college experience to be incredible thus far. The only thing I would have to complain about would be the cafeteria food, however thats such a small price to pay for the incredible education and experience I am gettinig.

The most positive thing I've found at Westminster Choir College has been the size. Since it's such a small campus, you're forced to really bond with your classmates and teachers. I've found this to promote an incredibly intimate environment that has been so incredible for my developement musically and personally in simultaneously challenging and supporting me over this past semester.

Oscar

The school is best known for it's academic excellence.

The school is best known for it's academic excellence.

I would probably emphasize how important GPA will be in simply getting an interview for a job. Furthermore, I'd advise myself to prepare better for each school year and do the best quality work that I can.

Princeton University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.