Pueblo Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Pueblo Community College

John

It is a amazing campus. That welcomes all. Doesn’t matter, what age, or level of education. PCC really try’s to Facilitate everybody’s needs. My first experience with advising financial aid and the coaches was exceptional. They were patient and able to help me through the entire process.

Morgan

Pueblo Community College is a great school for an individual who is looking to start there educational journey. The environment is very inviting never once have I personally ever felt out of place. I have never had an issue with locating my professors or staff in general I highly recommend this college for anyone residing in colorado.

Tiara

I think that the school is great, they keep programs small and intimate which is perfect for learning and teachers are usually good about responding to emails fast.

Blair

I like Pueblo Community College, their buildings are so unique. The staff is very friendly. It is a great place for a school. I would recommend anyone goes there before you transfer to a big university. The financial aid office is wonderful. They care about students.

Amy

I have loved studying at PCC. The administration and staff have been so warm and welcoming. They were very helpful in the entire pre-approval process, and made me feel as if I already belonged. All of my instructors and classmates are very helpful and we all work together to make each other succeed.

Lisa

Pueblo Community College is the fourth post secondary school I have attended and it far exceeds all the others. The class sizes, even in the gen ed classes, are easily manageable. The instructors are second to none; they are available, excited to teach and incredibly knowledgeable! On campus every faculty member and staff you meet are excited to make your acquaintance, get to know you by name and are outrageously encouraging.

Daniel

My overall opinion of Pueblo Community College is, there are very few additions to this campus that could make it a better educational environment. I accredit much of my academic success so far to the faculty and dedication of professors. As a later in life student I am very happy I have the opportunity to begin my long academic career and journey at this institution of success.

Danae

It's a pretty good school for a Community college, the people are nice and I've only had problems with a couple professors on academic stuff.

When I got my Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science at Umass Amherst in 2005, many of the classes had more than 100 students in them. I felt like just another number and the teachers did not recognize or remember me. I did well but the experience left a bad taste in my mouth. My overall opinion of Pueblo Community College is a very high one. I currently attend the southwestern campus in Mancos, Colorado. Having this facility here is so convenient and amazing. When I decided to go back to school for nursing, I had been living in Telluride for the past 5 years. I looked all around for options but Grand Junction was the closest for me until I found out about this campus. It is very small but the teachers are amazing and so helpful. The class consists of only 30 students so you get as much one on one time with the teacher as you could need. This really helps with the learning process since nursing is a very mentally challenging career and many questions arise. I am much happier this time around and find myself observing and absorbing more information than I did during my first degree. Even though I can only receive an Associate’s degree through PCC, they have a dual enrollment program through the University of Colorado Anschutz’s campus and I will receive my second Bachelor’s through them shortly after I graduate from PCC and become an RN. Having a program like this definitely sealed the deal for me and I am a very happy student!

Sadie

I love attending PCC the teachers are all nice and supportive as well as being able to provide what I may need to succeed. The general staff are all nice and willing to help and I always feel safe while on campus. They also always have something going on to include both the community and the students.

Carly

The class size is great and usually just the right size. I have been here three years and I have yet to be in a class bigger then 35. The teachers are usually really nice and helpful, they will go out of their way to help. I would stay away from the science department, the classes are not the best and neither are the teachers. There is about 3 good teachers and 2 horrible teachers that I have had so far.

Cassandra

I love Pueblo Community College!

Lindy

Pueblo Community College has been a good experience for me. The president of the school exudes optimism, positivity, and hope that each student feels. The instructors are easy to engage in conversation with and are always available. The campus grounds are kept beautifully.

Daniel

Pueblo Community College is by far the worse college I have ever been to! That may be because it is the only one I have been to, but this school seems to be lacking in its curriculum because a lot of what the teachers teach is out dated information. Not to mention your teachers don't know how to use their emails or how to return a phone call so that is always a bonus.

Maelynne

Pueblo Community College receives a below average rating from me. I give it such a low rating for a variety of reasons. In 2014 I enrolled in PCC. Every semester since, I have had big problems with counselors and staff. They are the most unprofessional group of people working at a professional workplace I have ever seen. I have gone to HR of the college and the vice principal of the college multiple times to complain about mistreatment towards me and my younger brother. If you have no other college options, then I recommend taking online courses to avoid confrontation with any counselor or staff member there. Chances are you will be insulted and/or threatened in some way like I was. I'm sorry Unigo for my review being so blunt, but I do not wish the awful experiences me and my family have gone through at this college.

Pueblo Community College is an excellent college. The facility is amazing and there are here to help. They all have experience in their fields with high levels of education. I appreciate that they have all being in the field and can provide inside information that is given here. I feel like I have gotten a very good start to my education. It made the transition from high school to college so much easier and I loved the experience. It's a nice campus and a nice environment.

Moriah

Overall, I greatly enjoyed my time at Pueblo Community College! The smaller class sizes were ideal for young, nervous students, such as myself, who were venturing out into the world. The teachers were knowledgeable on their class topics and were always available to help. Although, the location of the school was not my preference, the campus was neat and well organized. The staff was always kind and helpful when I had any questions or issues. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone in the area who was looking for a reliable Community College.

Lindsey

Pueblo Community College is a great place to start out at if you are undecided about a major or just want to experience college at a reasonable price. I love the atmosphere at PCC, professors always make time to talk to their students and help out if anyone is in need.

Alexzandra

I have been attending Pueblo Community College for about 2 years now as a concurrent enrollment student, and they have been nothing but helpful for me. I am glad to say that I will be attending PCC in the Fall Semester full time, as a high school graduate.

Rena

I feel safe and believe I am getting a good education. The professors are great and people are more focused on classes than college cliques. I haven't personally tried the food but I hear it's great. There are always people there to help you if needed, whether they are on a work study or they are outside hiring.

Kay

Pueblo Community College (PCC) is an excellent community college to attend, It has a variety of activities to attend through out the week and it has volunteer opportunities for giving back. The small city it is located in also offers a great experience for history and culture.

Aspen

I think it is a great college that is full of helpful teachers and a diverse student body that helps each other in any way they can so everyone is able to benefit from their learning experience. The prices are right and I think it is a great place to get a quality education in a short amount of time.

Sheila

PCC is a great college with multiple opportunities. They are career orientated for those looking to graduate with a specific skill. General pre requisites courses are also offered as a stepping stone towards a university for a BA or Masters. No matter what your age is. College level courses are also available for high school student who want to earn college credits or even graduate before there k-12 diploma is completed. I also love the flexibility of attending classes on campus or on line. My own graduation plan has included a majority of online classes, while only having to attend two on site. The instructors are professional and helpful when need. There is also a student center on campus if you need one on one tutoring. Overall it has been a great experience so far. I enjoy the learning environment and would recommend Pueblo Community College for all ages and would highly recommend them.

Alexis

PCC is amazing college no matter what a person's educational goal is. There are many programs that are offered, class sizes are perfect, professors are very helpful and the campus itself is beautiful. All of the faculty and students greet everyone with a smile.

Rebekah

Pueblo Community College is a great school, they have a wide range of classes, activities, people, teacher and even great food that you can have. I have never had an issue there with bad people, drugs, violence or bad teachers. Overall I think it is a great school and you get a great education for good money as well.

Carena

Pueblo is known for welcoming all; as it stands strong and proud as the crucible of Colorado. With a rich community that willingly helps all in need, I am proud to be a native. As a native, I am determined to contribute to the community that as aided me in becoming the individual I am today. Academically and professionally, Pueblo Community College has shaped me into an integral part of my community. The few years I have attended as a student, beaming each day with pride, I help other students to become better students for themselves through our admissions department. I search for those in need of assistance and aid them to become their best as an honored student in Pueblo. The campus is great. It has a wide variety of certificates and degrees to choose from. The classes are perfectly sized and you can have one on one time with your instructors. It is a wonderful accredited college with a lovely, well-kept campus. The classes are easy to find and everyone is willing to help if you have questions.

Jake

This school has a great amount of community involvement and although some programs are limited, for a community college, this school is very well appointed. The instructors all make extra effort to help with difficult subjects, there are honors societies, student clubs, STEM center, on-campus tutoring every school day, rent-able laptops if you don't have one, food pantry for people who struggle with sustenance, student disability resources, low-income resources, on-campus gym, cafe with great food. Great academic atmosphere! Some local shops may be out of walking distance, but a city bus goes directly through campus. Variety of local art galleries and shops. Not really a party town.

Shantel

Great people with a small intimate campus! There is awesome events every semester that no only include the students and faculty but the community as well! Great place to get a secondary education at a value price! Most credits are also transferable if you are thinking about a Bachelors degree!

Steffi

It is a great school offering many different programs. The dental hygiene program offered here is one of the most competitive in the state. The campus is calm and peaceful. The faculty is nice and willing to help students. Overall, it is a well-rounded community college.

Kassandra

This has been a great college to plan to attend for a bachelors program that only this school offers compared to many other in the state, which means I can stay and get to know more people in the community than I might have otherwise. Pueblo Community College is great for me because I've became engaged with the community and met my fellow students .

Pueblo Community College makes the enrollment and financial aid a easy process and the staff has a good idea what classes I would need as far as prerequisites I would need to get into the nursing program. The staff gets back to you in a timely manner and are very knowledgeable classes, the professors, as well as the book store. The staff in enrollment and financial aid are very helpful with every question I have had and I feel very confident they know what they are doing will do what they can to make sure I am taking the correct classes for my major.

Lynnea

Pueblo Community College is rewarding, but it could improve class sizes by downsizing them a bit more, and having professors be more hands-on an available to students. Also, the classes are sometimes very confusing to comprehend, which could be avoided by better staff and academic advisors.

briana

I feel that Pueblo community college is a place that you can make friends but that is it. Teachers are not always helpful and not always around. I have had bad experiences through the colleges and I will be transferring to another college as soon as possible.

Patrisha

Pueblo Community College in my overall opinion Is a fantastic school to go to if it is your first time pursuing higher education. I feel that this college has given me the confidence and skill to continue my education at the university. this school is also great for students that have to work and have families the day and evening schedule makes pursuing a college degree something that can easily be accomplished.

Evelyn

The greatest thing about this school is it is very open to ALL students. Minorities and Non-Traditional students are highly accepted and can thrive here. I am a Non-Traditional student at the ripe old age of 31. I did not do so well my first attempt at college at the age of 18. I was afraid I would not get a second chance, but PCC gave that to me. Now I am in my last semester and have a 3.8 GPA. The professor's and students are very kind and we are all there to support eachother and to ensure that we all succeed no matter what our situation is!

Carissa

I have been a student at Pueblo Community College for several years. I earned my Associate of Science degree and transferred to a state college, after a few years I returned to Pueblo Community College to continue my education. I love how small the class sizes are, they allow a student to have a better learning experience and seek help easier if its needed. I also love the affordability that a community college offers. When I attended a state college, I paid almost double per credit hour in comparison to Pueblo Community College.

Cassandra

My opinion of Pueblo Community College is that I am enjoying being a student here. The class sizes are great and the college offers good resources for students. All of the professors I have dealt with have been helpful and supportive, the support staff and the Return to Earn program has been extremely helpful as I have returned to school to advance my career. The Downtown Studio location is a great site for any questions to be answered and support to be found.

David

Pueblo Community College was an awesome experience! It helped me get back to school after being away for about five years, and the transition couldn't have been any smoother. The faculty is passionate, intelligent, caring, approachable, down to earth, and have a wealth of experience in different fields. The students all came from such different walks of life, but were all motivated in their academic endeavors. Because of PCC, I'm making the transition to Colorado State University-Pueblo to finish my degree, and have the utmost confidence doing so. I will credit all my future success to PCC for being the helpful beginning I needed. Every high school student should go through their local community college en route to a 4-year institution. You will learn so much, be exposed to the other like-minded and motivated individuals, make friends, all while saving a ton of money.

Madison

I did not enjoy going to this college. I didn't always feel safe, and I never felt appreciated. I was discriminated quite a bit, and as a result had to file complaints and drop classes. I felt uncomfortable and couldn't make friends. There also wasn't much art opportunity, so I couldn't truly pursue that or get the feedback that I wanted.

Tina

Great school. They are very concerned on student opinions and will listen if there are any concerns. The campus is nice and staff are extremely friendly. The financial aid office will help you try to find scholarships. They want to see you succeed and will help you succeed

Lisa

Wonderful campus and academic programs affordable

Ciarra

Pueblo Community College is a great college to attend to get your Associate's Degree. The class sizes are a nice medium, and the teachers are always there to help if you get stuck on a topic or with homework. There are also plenty of resources available to students for help with classes. Overall PCC is a great school.

jacob

my overall opinion on pueblo community college is that it is a great community college and has a lot of extra things outside of the classroom to do, and has really helpful staff and they have really good security to ensure a safe learning environment for all intending the school

Kendra

I love PCC! I went to a Trinidad State Community College for a little while and my experience with them was not that great. However, when I came to PCC it was such a different experience. The teachers and faculty are much more involved and care about their students achievements. Knowing that your teacher is involved in your academic success helps to better understand the material. I love this campus and I am so grateful to be a part of it!

Sierra

It's a nice campus. Very clean and great scenery, located in the heart of Pueblo. It is a community college so you get the occasional sketchy person lurking around, but for the most part I feel pretty safe when attending. The teachers generally do a really good job.

elise

Pueblo community college is a great place to further your education. Just because it is a community college does not mean the classes are easy, they challenge you to be the best you can be. There are so many opportunities and smiling faces which makes this school amazing. The professors will give you the hands on help you need whenever you're in need of assistance.

Susie

Pueblo community college is a safe and well taken care of school environment. People are there for each other no matter what and the teachers are absolutely caring and helps you through every class. I don't have a complaint at all about this school.

Bryan

This college is a great first step to getting into a bigger school I would suggest it to anyone who wants to start small and work up. With this campus being where it is, its only another 35 miles to the Bigger school so it is nice that they are close together, it is very nice.

michaela

I really enjoy it and I enjoy all of my classes. I love how interactive they are even though they are online and I enjoy all of them and what they are teaching me.