Hammond, IN
Purdue University-Calumet Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Purdue University-Calumet Campus

lacey

Purdue Calumet has a warm and inviting population.

Purdue Calumet has a warm and inviting population.

If I could tell myself anything it would be not to stop. My oldest son in eight years old and I stopped college with the hopes to return when he was older and it would be easier. It does not get easier! Now that he is older I have to jugle his schedule and mine in order to study and go to class. As an infant it may have been more difficult to study when he was awake but it was managable. Now that he is older it is almost impossible because I just dont have the time or energy after doing his homework with him and making dinner. So my advice is never stop, it may seem hard now but as life goes on its only going to get harder.

Paige

This is my second semester attending college at Purdue University Calumet , but over this time span I have met some of the most amazing, helpful and kind people you could ever know.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT take a break from school! The best students have transfered just out of high school. It is so much easier to go while the information is fresh in your head, instead of having to re-learn all of it, why not just go while you are still young and have the knowledge. School is not as scary as you may make it out to be, it is actually very rewarding. Please don't be lazy and take a break inbetween high school and college, it will be one of the worst mistakes of your life. Going to college and making something out of yourself is the most important thing you can do for yourself and your family, so why put off the inevitable when you can just get it done now and get a head start on your future. You can do it, no matter what have faith in yourself and keep that faith, it will take you right where you need to go.

The type of person that should attend school at Purdue University Calumet is a kind, sincere, fun-loving person who is very dedicated in what they are studying and very passionate about learning and helping others learn as well. Purdue is full of people who can help you, but it is always best when you can return that favor at any chance you may get.

Jameka

My school has a certain goal of having a one-on-one focus between the faculty and students. The school is not so big that the teachers do not have enough time to help the students, and it is not so small that you feel like you are seeing the same people everyday. I see my friends daily and see/meet new people and aspects weekly. That is something I believe the other schools I considered would not have offered me. Those aspects and also the amazing nursing program we are known for, made me choose Purdue University Calumet.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to be more outgoing and less of an introvert. Although college has brought out the "extrovert" within me, having that quality before my college years would have boosted my confidence prior to the major transition into adulthood. If I could go back, I would tell myself that I can talk to anybody without feeling awkward and enjoy other's company; because in college, finding people like myself and those who are very different from me help me see everything in a different light and help me feel more comfortable talking to individuals (an important quality to have in life).

There is no person who I would say "should not attend" Purdue University Calumet. It is a wonderful school with teachers who want all of their students to do well and succeed. The school tries to bring out the best of all of its students.

Madison

Do not give up on what you want. Do not worry about what others expect of you. Do what makes you happy because this is your life and you have to live with it the rest of your life. Do not be afraid to make mistakes because it is a part of learning. And make sure you think about the long run, not just about what you want at the moment. It seems hard now, but you will get through it and it will be worth it in the end. Also, love yourself and love others. Life is too short and there is never enough time. So don't waste your time worrying about everything. Be happy and be at peace. Enjoy life.

For the hospitality and tourism students, they focus on mainly running a restaurant. However, many kids do not want to work in a restaurant for a living, so being forced to take classes that have nothing to do with what we want is a huge waste of our money and time. We could be taking other courses that are more directed towards our interests.

Someone who is driven to succeed, but may not have the money to go to a bigger campus or live away from home.

Luke

Purdue is known for its highly esteemed Engineering program

Purdue is known for its highly esteemed Engineering program

My school is different than other schools I looked at because it is close to home, and it is smaller. I always wanted to go away to school, and I didn't think I would like staying local for college, but it isn't as bad as I thought.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school student, I would have a lot to say. I would probably annoy myself. I always took school seriously, but I never thought about what I would need to do to prepare myself for college. I would first tell myself to shadow careers that I would be interested in so that when I get to college, I know exactly what I want. Also, I would tell myself that once I found a career I wanted, to make sure that I am taking all the necessary classes I needed. I would tell myself to apply for scholarships early, and to get involved in the community. I felt like I was behind with my decisions as I entered college, but I found out a lot of people were the same way. However, to take some stress of myself, I would want my highschool self to take my advice, and learn from my mistakes. But, if I did not take my advice, I am happy where I currently am.

lissette

Most of my classmates where very well behaved and intelligent. I enjoy learning with people who also have the desire to learn. I felt that many freshmen students took it more serious than I had expected. It was great to be able to go through a whole class hour without rude interuptions or immature peers that like to make jokes all day. I had a great first semester and would not trade the classes, the experience, or the students for anything. It was a successful semester.

I would definitly tell myself to stay focused and to not get distracted. Yes, college is fun but I learned that this period in ones life isn't just for the heck of it. I would decided then to make school my number one priority and to take it more serious. I would also tell myself to stay ahead, not just stay with the class but even stay ahead. We get so many opportunities to do this, and I would definitly want to take those opportunities. The main goal for my past self would have to be to be informed and ready. Not only am I struggling financially but the financial stress has caused major problems in other areas in my life. I would tell myself to stay in the loop and keep up with my finances. I would apply for more scholerships and follow my advisors instructions. I have definilty learned more in my first semester in college than I have any other time in my life and I would tell my past self not to let things become too stressful. Handle the problem when it is small so it never becomes a big problem.

Fatima

Knowing what I know now about college life I would tell myself as a high school senior to be more sociable and to actually understand lessons in class. College is interacting with the community and being shy will hold you back to many opportinities. By sociable I don't mean to knowing everyone in school but be more out going and don't be afraid to talk to people like right now. Making the transition from high school to college, you just can't keep winging yourclasswork and other assignments. It is important to actually learn what you are learning now because you will need some of it in college. College teachers are way diferent from all the teacher you've had in elementary, middle, and high school because you are now an adult. It is you that is paying for your classes so if you choose not to take your classes seriously, it is your money that is going to waste and your time. Make the right decisions now because it will lead you to countless opportunities in the future. Good luck!

Purdue University-Calumet Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.