Purdue University-Calumet Campus Top Questions

Lena

I do not brag about the school to friends or to others. I only state that Purdue is a good school with quality and potential individuals.

I brag to my friends most about that I am receiving a Purdue education for way less money than it would be to go down to the main campus. The academic is still challenging but the cost to go here is less than it was to go to my high school.

When I talk about my school, I bring up the amazing people that I meet. I also, talk about the hands on expierence I get when working inside my classes. Everyone is nice when you go to class and they are there to help you out.

Patrice

I brag more about our women's basketball team more than anything. Also about graduating with a Purdue degree for a lower cost.

The amount of money I spend on classes and books.

Jacqueline M

I brag most about being a Joanna Briggs center for evidence based pracite. Due to this, I am being taught in accordance to the most recent scientific studies onthe best practices in patient care. I tell others that out of all their offered courses of study, the nursing program is the hardest to get into. That my professors are know nation wide for the work they do in the nursing field. That we are known for accepting nothing short of excellence.

Darren

That it is a campus with a lot of students who are willing to help and preofessors who are sociable.

Lamia

I havent really had anything to brag about, just the fact that I'm going on 30 and decided to go back to school to become a nurse.

Quanik

I BRAG ABOUT FLEXIBLE CLASS SCHEDULES. THE ABILITY TO GET QUALITY SOUND ADVICE FROM ADVISORS AND THE ABILITY TO TALK TO TEACHERS WHENEVER YOU NEED TO.

I always like to brag about our hospitality program. We have a brand new building with amazing kitchens. Having the new kitchens allows us to have more opportunities. Our 291 and 492 classes allow us to actually open and run a lunch and dinner service. We never do the same menu twice and we take turns taking on the different restaurant positions. Our group of professors and chefs work very hard to prepare us for the real world and they do a phenomenal job.

When I brag about my school I brag about the people there. Everyone is so friendly and helpful.

The opportunities that the students have to excel in their field of study. Internships are abundant because Purdue has mad a name for themselves and companies want students from here. We have one of the best curriculum for our majors and we learn what industries are looking for in college graduates. The atmosphere is laid back and fun. The class sizes aren't so big so you can have that one on one time with the professors that is sometimes needed.

Mostly I brag about how much cheaper my school is compared to other universities in the area. Also, I brag about my grades, because they have been great so far.

Yun

I tell them that the school is affordable and close to my home while it still provides valuable education and plenty of opportunities for great experience and ways toward success.

Kelli

I tell them that I am happy to go to Purdue and happy that the campus is close to my house. I have a great opportunity to receive a degree from a well known university without having to go downstate to study. I also am able to work while obtaining my degree.

Jarret

That after I leave here i get to go to become a Purdue Boilermaker

When I am talking to my friends about my school I brag most about the wonderful teachers and professors I have been blessed with. I believe the a good teacher is essential to gaining all the knowledge you can from a subject. I also really appreciate all the resources we have available to us at Purdue Calumet. One of my most treasured resources is the Writing Center. Going there with my papers has helped me gain new insight when I wrtie and has also taught me tips and hints to creating an outstanding paper.

Carlos

When i tell my friends about my school i tell them of how diverse my school. Also, how he teachers are very helpful and are there to help u successed. I also, them of how nice the campus is and how everyone is very nice and respectful.

To be honest, I do not brag about my school. My school seems pretty average.

Tiara

I brag about how big the on-campus apartments are here and the Mac computer labs.

ashley

n/a

Gerardo

That it is close to home and very friendly. Everyone is willing to help and the professors have real life experience and that gives you a better understanding of the job you may be in

I like to brag about how strong i am and how good at baseball i am.