Purdue University-Calumet Campus

« See more reviews of Purdue University-Calumet Campus

When I am talking to my friends about my school I brag most about the wonderful teachers and professors I have been blessed with. I believe the a good teacher is essential to gaining all the knowledge you can from a subject. I also really appreciate all the resources we have available to us at Purdue Calumet. One of my most treasured resources is the Writing Center. Going there with my papers has helped me gain new insight when I wrtie and has also taught me tips and hints to creating an outstanding paper.

I always like to brag about our hospitality program. We have a brand new building with amazing kitchens. Having the new kitchens allows us to have more opportunities. Our 291 and 492 classes allow us to actually open and run a lunch and dinner service. We never do the same menu twice and we take turns taking on the different restaurant positions. Our group of professors and chefs work very hard to prepare us for the real world and they do a phenomenal job.

The opportunities that the students have to excel in their field of study. Internships are abundant because Purdue has mad a name for themselves and companies want students from here. We have one of the best curriculum for our majors and we learn what industries are looking for in college graduates. The atmosphere is laid back and fun. The class sizes aren't so big so you can have that one on one time with the professors that is sometimes needed.

I brag most about being a Joanna Briggs center for evidence based pracite. Due to this, I am being taught in accordance to the most recent scientific studies onthe best practices in patient care. I tell others that out of all their offered courses of study, the nursing program is the hardest to get into. That my professors are know nation wide for the work they do in the nursing field. That we are known for accepting nothing short of excellence.

I tell them that I am happy to go to Purdue and happy that the campus is close to my house. I have a great opportunity to receive a degree from a well known university without having to go downstate to study. I also am able to work while obtaining my degree.

I brag to my friends most about that I am receiving a Purdue education for way less money than it would be to go down to the main campus. The academic is still challenging but the cost to go here is less than it was to go to my high school.

When i tell my friends about my school i tell them of how diverse my school. Also, how he teachers are very helpful and are there to help u successed. I also, them of how nice the campus is and how everyone is very nice and respectful.

When I talk about my school, I bring up the amazing people that I meet. I also, talk about the hands on expierence I get when working inside my classes. Everyone is nice when you go to class and they are there to help you out.

That it is close to home and very friendly. Everyone is willing to help and the professors have real life experience and that gives you a better understanding of the job you may be in

I tell them that the school is affordable and close to my home while it still provides valuable education and plenty of opportunities for great experience and ways toward success.