Purdue University-Calumet Campus

« See more reviews of Purdue University-Calumet Campus

The worst thing in my opinion is the lack of choice for instructors for some courses because there is only one instructor who teaches that course. Some of these courses are requirements and it makes it hard when you don't care for a particular instructor whether it be because of their teaching methods or their attitude in general. Even if you don't like it, you have to deal with it, which in turn may affect your grade negatively.

For the hospitality and tourism students, they focus on mainly running a restaurant. However, many kids do not want to work in a restaurant for a living, so being forced to take classes that have nothing to do with what we want is a huge waste of our money and time. We could be taking other courses that are more directed towards our interests.

The only thing i consider bad about the school I attend is the cost of food. The food in the cafeteria and in the grad and go shops are pretty high. We dont have that much of a variety and most colleges are all you can eat and the one at Purdue Calumet is not. I also hate the fact that the books are so high but that is at every campus I believe.

Probably the worst thing about school is having to juggle all the coursework with my other obligations to family, work, and community while trying to maintain a social life. I am returning to school after a few years of being in the workforce and it has proven to be a challenge for me to be my best in all areas of my life.

I just transferred to Purdue University-Calumet. I have been working with administration to get prepared for the fall semester. Although very helpful it seems that they can be unorganized. I have had difficulty with financial aid, scholarship applications, and registration. The confusion has lost me numerous hours.

I don't think there is enough emphasis on research internships for students in the humanities programs. There is an overwhelming focus on STEM fields and enforcing their connections and networks; however, English, History, Political Science, Economics, etc. often get the short end of the stick.

It is true that Purdue University Calumet is a great school. However, it is not great in size. I feel that the campus could be larger to accommodate more students and implement more activities on campus.

The school is nice enough. The people are nice. The only thing I would have a complaint about, is the location. It seems there is always something stolen from houses near by, hit and runs, or shootings.

the worst thing about our campus is that it is difficult to schedule certain classes because they are usually booked pretty quick because classes that are major specific are not available all the time.

I have yet to experience the "worst thing" about my school. I do not beleive many people can claim this fact about their higher learning experience as I can about mine.