Purdue University-Calumet Campus Top Questions

Kadesha

The most frustrating thing about my school is that Purude Calumet do not offer much money to the students for them to attend here. My tuition is very expensive because I am an out of state resident. I lived in the University Village my freshman year and had to move out at the end of the semester because I could not afford it. I was interested in moving back into the dorms, but I did not have enough aid to cover it. I am now paying out of pocket to cover my remaining tuition balance.

lissette

The most frustrating thing about Purdue would have to be the organization and order. Our advisors try their best to explain to us how to use certain tools that the university has to offer but most of the time, either the website is acting up or just doesn't function to its potential. For example: Blackboard, the online resource in which our teachers post our assignments, tests, etc. is always having issues and not working properly, so students have to find other ways to keep up with their classes.

Tiana

Nothing, this school is perfect!

Morgan

The most frustrating thing about my school is the parking situation.

LaShawn

Parking lots close to my classes are sometimes crowded. Purdue has a small parking garage that needs to be extended.

The most frustrating thing about Purdue University Calumet is that it isnt a very big university and a lot of the students live off campus, so it's not very easy to communicate with other students or staff. I live about a half hour off campus, so I try to really take advantage of my time while I'm there.

Kristina

Their is little student life at this university. Most of the students are commuters, and only a small percentage of the student population live on campus. I wish that this university felt more like a typical university socially as opposed to students simply going to class then going home. It is a good school, but the social atmosphere is nearly non-existent.

Perla

I love Purdue University Calumet. It has been a great experience attending this school. If I would have one thing that frustrates me, it would be that our site (MyPUC or PC Star) is always getting shut down, or is experiencing technical difficulty. Since most of my assignments are online, it can be very frustrating. I have to then e-mail peers or professors in order to get a hold of them and our assigments. To make matters worse, we have to submit most work through that and also take quick tests through it. Our online site is frustrating.

Maribel

The most frustrating thing about my school, to me, would be never finding close parking! I can never find parking even if I get there early.

Brandon

The most frustrating thing about this school, and all universities, if I am not mistaken, is the fact that it costs so much to come here. I cannot afford to pay to live on campus, but I do have to put gas in my car every other day in order to get here. In such an obscure location surrounded by multiple cities, it gets hard on the finances a lot of times. Another problem is the fact that a lot of classes are only offered at very difficult times, for example, my 11-11:50, 5-day, calculus course.

Benita

The most frustrating thing about my school Purdue Calumet is the parking. Purdue Calumet is a very nice large campus but at times there is no where to park, depending on the class schedule that a student has. It's ok to park far away in the summertime but in the winter it possible to spend 20minutes looking for parking close to a entrance. I am a night student so I dont like to park to far away because my classes usually end at 10pm and I worry about my safety.

Courtney

The most frustrating thing about Purdue University Calumet is the clerical staff that handles the forms and paperwork associated with college. Some important forms are located conveniently online, wheras others are difficult to find. Unfortunately, it can be a wild goose hunt to complete a simple form for a college record.

Armando

The most frustrating thing about my school is the confusion associated with finacial aid. I have lost one scholarship because of miscommunication between the donor and my school. It is frustrating because I cannot afford to lose any money. My parents are in financial debt and I am left to pay my school on my own. It is really hard to lose scholarships like this as I do not receive any financial aid. This would have to be the most frustrating thing about my school.

Brent

The most frustrating thing about school is keeping track of your homework and exams and balancing out your schedule.

Josh

The drive, and the class rooms seem past their prime.

Bianca

There is no lunch program.

Joshua

Not many people live on campus, so after school activities are usually limited. Most people work full time and drive long distances, so sometimes boredom can occur on homework-free days.

That I still live at home and can not have the experience I want at the school I want to go to, that is why I am trying to transfer to Columbia College in Chicago to folllow my dream, but financial aid is limitied and I need all the help I can get to fulfill my dream.