Purdue University-Calumet Campus Top Questions

Hugo

The best thing about my school is how many didffernt options they give if you ever need help on something.

I consider the education based and helpfulness of students, professors, academic advisors, and SI helpers the most important. They bring out the best in all the students by helping them pay for classes or just being there when they need help. We also have a wonderful set of sports team and intramural sports as well.

There are two things that stand out to me about Purdue University Calumet. The main thing is the beauty of the campus and the design of it's "Peregrine Path," that connects all the main buildings with an inside walkway - definitely a bonus in the winter! The other thing is its size; PUC is a smaller size, which means that you can get help from a professor fairly easily.

The best thing, for me, about Purdue Cal is the fact that it is close to home. I am able to work and go to school without it affecting my family life too much.

Izzy

I believe the best thing about my school is that it feels very small. The campus itself is pretty large and spans several miles if you include all of the buildings associated with the school. Yet the faculty, staff and students give it a feeling of a small neighborhood school. I feel comfortable speaking to my professors and know that they will respect me as person. There is a level of personal attention that cannot be found at other schools.

My school is close to my home.

Mayra

The best thing about my school is that you can always find help academiclly whether is tutoring, in the library , the professors or even the students in general.

Personally, the professors in the nursing department are the best thing about my school. They have time and time again shown nothing but dedication to making sure we not only recieve the right and most up to date information but understand it as well. They are suportive and have continued to support us from day one upon entering the program and classroom. I would not be graduating from this establishment this fall if it were not for the professors hard work and dedication to helping me achieve my goals as well as graduate.

Janel

Purdue-Cal offers a great learning experience for a diverse population. Their counselor are available to help with every step of the process. I have a career assistance person call me once a month to see if I am on track and if there is anything he can do to help me. I find that very comforting since college is a daunting experience, no matter what age you are. The professors are accomodating with schedules and classwork.

Shaunte

As a Purdue Calumet student I feel honored and pleased with my school Purdue University Calumet. There are a million different reasons why I prefer Purdue verse other schools but my time is limited. The best thing about Purdue is that the teachers and students are caring and experienced. There are many different organizations to join regarding your major and if you join it'll go on your transcript to help you get a job, the classroom size is small, free tutoring, your teachers give you more than enough time to study for an exam, and lastly, it is affordable.

lissette

The best thing about Purdue would have to be the teacher/student relationship. I feel like I can go to most of my teachers for advice, and they would be completely honest with me. Same goes for my advisor. She talks to us like normal human beings and never makes you feel lower than her. They have repect for the students and encourage them to share their opinions.

Shaniqua

The best thing about Purdue Cal in my opinion is most of the classrooms are a small size, which gives you more one on one time with the professor, especially if it is a difficult course.

The best thing about my school is all of the opportunities they offer to help prepare you for a career. Our career counseling center offers to help us prepare for a successful career. They help us do mock interviews, build resumees and cover letters, and they let us know when there are job or internship opportunities available. They do not do all the work for us, but they help us get our foot in the door and teach us the skills we need to succeed.

I enjoy the accessibility of professors and the small class room sizes. Becausee the classes are smaller, the professors are more likely to recognize you, and it is easier to get to know them and approach them for help. Most of the professors are always willing to make accomodations to help you with any problems you have. In fact, much of the faculty and staff on campus are extremely helpful and want you to succeed.

Maribel

I would consider all the extra tutoring and help they offer to the students as the best thing. They have excellent tutors and they have helped a lot.

For me pusrsuing an Electrical Engineering degree, the Engineering programs are best for me.

The best thing about my school is the fact that it's a big university name, but it feels almost like a community school. The education is the best, but it's not a really strict college.

I beleive the best thing about my school is that most teachers like to have class discussions. It is refreshing to talk about a different subject that is not relevant to the class, but is still considered useful.

Paula

The size of professor to class size is important to me. I like to have more focused attention so that if I can not understand something that it would be accessible for me to speak in class and get into contact with him or her.