Purdue University-Main Campus Top Questions

What are your classes like?

Mike

Classes are by no means a piece of cake but are obviously something you can survive just like everyone else has before you. Purdue does not inflate it's grades, in that if you do a little research in the area you can see that for roughly the past 30 years the average GPA of a graduate remains pretty steady around a 2.7-2.8. When you earn and "A" here, you really do earn it. The classes are challenging but enjoyable so long as you are in the correct discipline, it will be pretty apparent pretty quickly if you are in the wrong intended major because there will be nothing you will enjoy about your courses. Once you find what you are looking for though you will find the courses to be challenging and thought provoking.

.

Most of my classes are small and have less than thirty people. Classes are usually a relaxed environment where students are encouraged to ask questions and discuss the course materials. I enjoy most of my classes and some I even look forward to going to. It is always nice to find people who are interested in the same things I am and are able to discuss them with me.

Jason

Classes range from hard to simple, confusing to straightforward, and just about any other spectrum you can imagine. The good news is that the professors always seem to do their best to put in the extra effort to make classes at least somewhat engaging, even if the topic itself may not be interesting to the students

Gene

This is why purdue engineering is so hard, things like this happen all the time.