Purdue University-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Purdue University-Main Campus

Jen

It is an amazing college and I am glad I decided to go. The staff and professors are friendly and have the students best interest in mind and want us all to succeed. Like any other school it has its share of problems but overall it is a school that is more school focused and rarely are there any fights, loud parties, or drug use.

Gabrielle

I enjoy Purdue and the layout of the campus. Everything is very compact and easy to walk to. The food in the dining courts was amazing. The on campus housing situation was tolerable, but I did not have air conditioning my freshman year so that could be updated.

Lillian

It is a large school but has plenty of opportunities to join different communities to make it feel smaller. There is plenty of mental, physical, and academic support, including free doctors and therapists. It is a great school with a nice, clean, and always-improving campus. I love it. There is something here for everyone (though I would say that our visual and performing arts lack support from the rest of the college).

Insherah

Overalll, Purdue has shown me the importance of hard work and being sure of yourself no matter what other pepole may say. There are many things that can be changed like class sizes, quality of instructors, and relevance of homework to actual exams. But the community is pretty welcoming and friendly and I do recommend if you are looking to pursue a STEM degree.

Drew

I like the school and recommend it to anyone looking for a big campus within a few hours of several large cities. Academically, it is challenging, but I know that I am definitely earning my degree. They aren't just giving it to me. Socially, there is tons to do, it's all about getting out there and finding people with similar interests and hobbies.

Quentin

Purdue is an amazing campus that has many opportunities for its students. The faculty is there for you along the way and the genuinely care about their students and want them to succeed in their class and for their future. I would recommend those who can come to Purdue to do so, it will be a life changing experience and a good one with many memories.

Jordan

I hate this place. The university does not believe in us- that’s why I keep having to go trough weed out classes to prove them I belong here-, I am tired of the lack of grade inflation (its hurting my chances of landing an intenship as no one knows Purdue outside of the engineering community), I have had depression for the past year (they even charge you $50 to go to get treatment; after $30,000 tuition!!!), and unless you go greek there is nothing to do socially. I regret coming here every single day. I will try to transfer next semester no matter what.

Jordan

Jaimin

Even though it is in a small town, Purdue University has no shortage of opportunities around you, whether you are looking for something related to academics or something to do for fun. Professors are very approachable and are always happy to help a student out if they are confused, and the living facilities provide students with a sense of comfort and home as they study hard for their futures.

Tatum

Purdue is a fun campus. There are tons of activities to get involved in from building go-karts to cooking food. Sports are very important, especially football and basketball. The professors are great, and classes are challenging but fair. I feel like Purdue will prepare me for a career.

Randy

Purdue is a great college to both further and better your education. The classes are never overwhelming and the overall culture is something you need to experience. You will meet some awesome people during your four years at Purdue. I would recommend this school to anyone.

I visited a lot of colleges/universities before choosing Purdue University - main campus. Without a doubt, it was the best choice!

Christy

The campus offers everything you will need to move forward with a positive college experience! The professors are always available when needed and online support is amazing. If you are a new or returning student Purdue is a great place to take your life to the next step to an amazing future.

Alexander

I will be attending Purdue in the next few coming months. I have visited over 10 colleges and universities to keep an open mind. However, when I visited Purdue I fell in love with everything they had to offer. I'm absolutely grateful to have the opportunity to become a Boilermaker.

Julia

So far my experience at Purdue University has been great! Purdue offers variety of opportunities for students to led organizations, participate in research and join extracurricular activities. Purdue's professors and people are welcoming and kind. As a transfer student I found is easy to make friends by attending sporting events. Overall, it is rewarding knowing I am studying to achieve a degree that will take me far in the future.

Kasi

I absolutely love Purdue University, and I cannot wait to be a part of the student life the campus has to offer. They have so many opportunities to get involved and feel welcome. They have amazing learning communities that provide help for each major. I am extremely excited for my next four years at Purdue University!

Tylecia

Purdue is an amazing college that does not fail to let you know that they care about you. Students are friendly and it's not hard to make friends as long as you're social. There is always something new and exciting happening on campus. Overall it is a great campus that I am proud to get my degree form.

vivek

Very Energetic, Creative and learning organization.

Tracey

Rip off scam artist steals people's disbursements, are in trouble with the Federal Government, U.S. Department of Justice, Dept. of ED, I have been at this School over a month & haven't received my disbursements yet. And I doubt I will that's why I'm leaving that school I'm looking for a different school & When I get another college I'm quitting Purdue Global University.

Purdue is definitely a rigorous school and I think some people forget that. Even if your not looking at going to get a masters, PhD, etc. you should still expect to be challenged. Purdue was always where I wanted to go so I may be a little biased, but I love it. I don’t enjoy the constant construction, but that’s probably a thing on all college campuses. Overall, Purdue is tough but it gives you plenty of opportunities to succeed. It’s all up to you.