Purdue University-North Central Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Purdue University-North Central Campus

Purdue University-North Central is a very good school if you apply yourself. If you seize the opportunities that are presented to you then you can achieve whatever you would like at a very cheap tuition cost. The downside Is that there are not as many majors available to you as there would be at a bigger college. The professors are usually readily available and open to help you if needed. It is very easy to connect with academic advisors, and just about anyone else that you need to contact during your schooling at PNC. The food is well below average, and I would not suggest spending your time or money in the school cafeteria. If you're looking for a cheap school and are willing to settle for average academics and extra curricular activities then PNC is perfect.

Rylee

I think that the campus is diverse in its own way. There are not many sporting opportunities or ways to make friends. As for housing, there are apartments across the street which I lived in while attending. Overall the school is well kept and affordable.

Joseph

I have enjoyed my time at the North Central campus! As far as universities go it's relatively small, so everyone knows just about everyone else, including professors. I can't count how many times I have run into my professors around campus and had conversations with them. It's a good school, the academics are challenging, but there's always help to be found if you need it, whether it be from professors, tutors, or other students.

Kristen

I love this University. The campus size is perfect for me. My professors are always available and helpful. I also love the facilities such as the library and study lounges. I have made many great friends in each of my classes. I also love taking nature walks on the trails.

Lacey

My overall opinion of Purdue University-North Central Campus is good. I am currently attending as a dual credit student through Westville High School and they have given us a decent college experience. The class sizes are nice and professors are highly accessible. It's a university close to home that educates well. There are plenty of after school clubs to get involved into and is a very quaint campus.

I like Purdue North Central. Everyone on the campus is always so helpful. The teachers will help you if you have questions. This faculty wants the students to do well and succeed. They want us to be able to graduate from there and do well in life. The class sizes are not too extremely big either. There is about thirty students in each class, but I am still able to connect with the teacher one on one if I have questions about an assignment.

Ellie

Purdue University- North Central Campus, now known as Purdue Northwest after a merge with another local Purdue campus, provides opportunities for people like me! I have had 5 surgeries on my left leg and the school has gone out of its way to help me further my education despite my setbacks. Whether it is creating new class times, providing access to all classes, or checking on my safety and progress of my medical achievements. However, I must say that since the merge, the Elementary Education program has not made it easy for me to graduate. They did not “grandfather in” the students who where already there before the merge, making it harder for us to graduate and fulfill the course work. Many of my fellow classmates have had to extend their graduation date and add new classes that were simply renamed. In all, I must say that this college has provided me with the opportunities I needed to fulfill my dream of becoming a teacher. Especially after having to leave Purdue University - Main Campus due to medical issues. This local campus has worked with me and provided me with all the necessary tools to graduate and become the teacher I have always wanted to be!

Shae

I have only visited the Westville campus twice. I hope to tour the Hammond Campus in the near future. One major negative, in my opinion, would be that the Hammond Campus offers much more in majors, minors, sports, and overall activities. With me being a marketing major I am not able to take all my classes at my home campus. I have found that the more involved I would like to be, the more I'm having to attend two campuses. I wish there was an easier way for me to be an active college student on the Westville Campus. I hope one day they could have a better variety for their students.