Eleanor, WV
Putnam Career and Technical Center

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Putnam Career and Technical Center

Rochelle

AMU is unique compared to other schools because it is a distance learning university. The course timelines are well scheduled and AMU offers a large variety or degree plans.

If I had could go back in time to talk to myself, I would say pay more attention in math and although after high school you still have many more years to attend school, IT IS WORTH IT! In high school I couldn’t wait to graduate and be done with school. I decided right after high school I wanted a career and did not want to wait for another four more years to pass by till I can start my life. So I decided to join the military straight from high school. I have been in the military for six years now and even though I got to start a great career right away I learned quickly that school was still in my future. In order to advance successful in the military and in my career field a degree is needed. Thus, I am attending AMU as a part time student in between my deployments and learning that education will always be in my career path as I continue to progress in this world.

My college offers great online classes, that although I am not in a true classroom environment I get an equal amount of professional development through the schools distance learning criteria. The expectations from the instructor are written clearly and the course syllabus explains how to successfully complete every assignment. Furthermore, the online library is very user friendly and instructors respond to any additional questions in a timely manner. Over all AMU is a great school for distance learning.

Paul

AMU classes are completely online and their class schedule is very flexible for individuals with non-traditional work schedules such as those in the military and law enforcement officers. A completely new set of classes begins every month, so planning your work load is easier than at other institutions.

I am 41 years old married and have four children. I have been a law enforcement officer since 1996. I am attending college for a variety of reasons. First, a college degree will garnish an immediate pay raise and increase my ability to promote. The next, and most important, reason for attending college is to teach my children the value of a good education. Neither of my parents nor my two sisters have a college education. I would love to earn my degree for my parents, for my children and for myself. Thank you for the opportunity to apply for a scholarship through your generous organization.

I attend American Military University, a part of the American Public University System. The school is fully accredited and geared toward students who are either in the military or in the public service field (law enforcement, fire fighter, etc.).

• $0

Putnam Career and Technical Center administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.