Quincy, IL
Quincy University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Quincy University

Molly

Quincy University provides a good teahing staff that are willing to help their students.

I would tell myself to sign up for as many scholarships as possible becasue you never know what you are going to get and every little bit helps. I would also tell myself to look at more colleges to find the right one for me before making my final decision. College is a lot of work, and my goal of receiving A's for the rest of my college career can be accomplished with good study habits and putting school first. If I could go back in time I would tell myself to not be afriad to venture out and meet new people. College is a time where you can be whoever you want to be. I want to be somene who works hard to become a successful, caring nurse while also enjoying my college years and getting involved in my new community, staying active, making friends and making memories.

The maintenance staff is not very good and did not do anything when my roommate and I were up for hours every night it rained because our window leaked. The dorms were typically always loud and it was hard to study at night. I attended Quincy University for the 2012-2013 school year but I am transferring to St. Ambrose for my 2013-2014 school year because I like their nursing program and the up to date equipment that I believe will help me to accomplish my dream of being a nurse.

Kim

So far, I have had a really enjoyable college experience! Quincy University has been a very valuable school to attend because not only do I feel as though I'm receiving a quality education, but also that I am cared about and not just a number. My teachers have been very knowledgeable and informative, and I have learned so much already. I truly believe in the importance not only of an education, but an education where I am pushed to succeed and work hard. I am only a freshman, but I have been able to improve skills that make me a dedicated and hard working student. My college experience is incredibly important to me because I know that in learning more each day, I can better educate myself for the future endeavors and goals I will have in my life.

A person who is caring, friendly, and someone who takes their education seriously.

There is no frustrating thing about my school!

Tabatha

Quincy University is a great liberal arts campus regardless of religion (even though it is primarily Catholic).

Most students are compassionate, trustworthy and understanding.

I had a great experience at Quincy University even being a non-traditional student who lived off campus, I still was able to experience many aspects of the college life and appreciate my time spent there. I have many friends that I still like to visit with from time to time.

Kimberly

Through my college experience, I have learned what my limitations are, who I am, and a few of my passions in life. I joined six different organization coming onto campus for my first year, and realized by the end of the first semester that it was all too much even though I did the same thing in high school. I had to figure out what I really wanted in life with the help of the organizations. I found myself missing my Sunday services to be getting at me, and so I tried to make it work out with the organization that was conflicting with the service. It didn't seem to work. Through this, I was able to realize what my one of many passions that I have in life, and that is my service to the community in the service, on campus, and off campus, in the commuinty. I found myself to be a person with hopes and dreams, ones that would last me a life time, and that we have to work to pursue this hopes and dreams. College is the beginning test of what the real world is like.

One that wants to be involved with both services on campus and organizations.

The fact that organization meeting, residence hall meetings, and /or campus religous services conflict with one another.

Molly

My classmates are amazing!

My classmates are amazing!

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself I would have alot to say. First I would say, "Don't be scared, college is fun." Next I would tell myself to be prepared for the amount of work, you have to balance your time. Time management is a big part of college, so if you practice those skills in high school, you will do better at it in college. I would also say that college is supposed to be fun, but at the same time you are here for an education. Don't spend all your time at parties or other activities, work on school! It is ok to make the best of your time at college, but always remember why you are here and what your ultimate goal is. You will find it easy to succeed once there is a balance between time for fun and time for school.

No one shouldn't attend Quincy! It is a great school- and it is a a great fit for everyone.

Sara

My classmates here are kind, and unafraid to hold a door for you , they are here to learn and are always willing to help, they are natural leaders.

I would say to myself , Sara you need to really work on your reading, and writing skills, your math and english skills. I would tell myself to get involved such as, joining clubs, sports, band, chorus. the more involved I am , the better I will be at working with people . I would tell myself to prepare for the ACT with all the effort I can muster. Better grades, and involvment will help in getting into a college of my choice, and help with getting financial aid. I would tell myself to get a job, save money. A job will not only help in having a stake in your college career, but also help me to find direction in what I really wants to do for my lifes work. I would tell myself to really look at my ablities, desires and passion in what I want to do. I would tell myself not to be afraid to think out side the box. I would tell myself to go to job fairs, and talk with my parents, and other adults about their jobs. I would say Sara be more independent , cook , clean, wash your own clothes, learn to solve your own problems.

The person going to Quincy should be intrested in rounded education in a close community . A person from a smaller community or school may find Quincy to be a better choice. Some one who is intersected in study abroad would find Quincy to be a good choice. Quincy is a Catholic University so some one who has good moral values, or someone who wants a religious education. A person whom has an intrest in sports would find Quincy a good choice. Quincy offers a variety of varsity sports, and a large range of intermurals.

meredith

Small school with good people and professors. A lot of clubs and extracurricular event to attend. Great opportunities to meet new people and Franciscan heritage

Make the best of everything you do now. be friendly, do your work, take advantage of the education your getting.

The food, its just a high standard and usually not even worth going to eat.

When I was a senior in high school, it was like I saw the world through a cardboard paper towel roll. I saw the same people everyday, did the same thing day after day, and I was okay with it. Because I had this attitude and outlook on life, I struggled very much my first year of college. It took me a long time to learn that there is in fact a bigger world out there outside of Marion, Indiana, I just needed to allow myself to be exposed to it. The summer after my freshman year of college was a turning point for me in my life. I moved back to Marion for the summer and reevaluated if Quincy University was really where I was supposed to be. I slowly realized that Quincy wasn't the problem, it was the fact that I was so focused on what I was leaving behind in Marion, that I didn't let myself enjoy my new home. If I could give myself advice as a senior, I would tell myself to be more open minded about life and to thrive on the opportuinites that I have been blessed with.

I absolutely loved the small community feel that Quincy University had. Because of the small class sizes, I was able to get to know my professors on a more personal level, which was very beneficial to me and the other students. Quincy University had a lot of wonderful traditions to get students involved that you just don't find at other larger schools in larger communities. Overall, Quincy is a very supportive community which takes a lot of pride in the success of the university and the students and faculty who make that success happen.

There wasn't a lot that I didn't like about the school, but I guess the one big drawback of Quincy University was housing. The dorms and campus apartments are starting to show their age, and compared to other universities, I would say that QU is below average in this department. From what I hear, they have plans to do some remodeling and possibly will be building a new dorm or two in the near future, and I hope this is in fact the case.

Kelsey

I'd say take a deep breath and relax. College life is an amazing once in a life time oppertunity and if you want it you can make it happen.

For being such a small school there is a lot of apathy on campus. It's disappointing that at a school that prides itself for a feeling of community only a small group of students actually wants to be involoved in anything.

Again this is a small school thing but the resources we have, such as the library and the gym, don't stay open all that long. They tend to close at 11 on week days and the hours are even shorter on the weekends when I'd actually have time to go work out or be in the library.

Antonio

My school is unique in comparison to other schools because our professors seem to be alot more understanding and are usually always availabe. They are willing to help the students with any situation that may arise. The professors are usually there for students when it seems like things are too overwhelming. The president is also seen around campus on many occasions and is very approachable.

If I could offer advice to myseld as a High School senior, I would teel myself to always keep an open mind mind when it comes to working with people and to always work hard no matter what. College is a challenge because you meet so many new people and it's difficult to understand them if you don't know much about them. Being able to accept someone regardless of who they are, or where they come form, can help you excel in the college atmosphere. I would say always work hard no matter what because the level of work you do affects the way people view you. Having a good work ethic and being able to stay focused can provide good habits throughout college while progreesing into the real hard. HArd work is key in so many aspects of life and everyone respects someone who is willing to earn everything they receive.

The best thing about my school is how close alot of the students are with one another. I go to a small university and it seems like everyone seems to get along on many occasions and interact positively. Once you get to know someone here, by it being such a small university, they become like your family.

Quincy University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.