Quinnipiac University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Quinnipiac University

Jordan

Quinnipiac University is a great college. There nursing program is excellent and well known across the country, and I feel honored to be chosen. I was a freshman last year in 2020 when Covid was affecting normal life everywhere. Despite mask wearing, hybrid classes, social distancing and no family visitors, QU made great effort to create activities and events, from on-line to outside, with Covid restrictions enforced. They screened students regularly, made student health available and took care of us. Even though the cafeteria food was not always great, there were many healthy choices. In addition, QU made great efforts to improve by bringing in local food trucks for a variety of options. The best part for me was my dorm living. I lived in a suite of 8 other nursing students. We felt like we were living in our own apartment. We got along well, and I've made life long friends. Most of us are living together this next year in another dorm. Hopefully this coming year, we'll have more liberties and socializing, including sporting events, as Covid is hopefully being thwarted by the vaccine.

Tiffany

Quinnipiac University is a culture that I am proud to be part of. Besides the amazing academics, D1 sports, friendly people, and variety of good food, this is an amazing community focused on making our mark in the world. The education received here is like no other, with class sizes that make you feel like a person, not just a number. On weekends catch students hiking the Sleeping Giant state park across campus, or exploring downtown. There are over 120 clubs and organizations including Greek Life to get involved in, as many students do. It's the ability to walk around campus and have others hold the door for you, to smile as you pass by someone. Here you can make new friends in every class, and then come back to the dorm and socialize with your roommates who are like family. This school is simply put, amazing. I'm so blessed to be a part of this community. Go bobcats!

Max

Basically, the girls here are pretty much all cocky bimbos who barely broke 1000 on the SAT. The guys are mainly guido-types, some jocks, and a few frat-guys. Both sexes have a very large gay population. Also, girls' standards are too high given the numbers. Supply and demand says that if you're a guy, high supply (high amount of girls) and low demand (few guys, let alone straight ones) should mean you get laid all the time. But the girls' cockiness gets in the way, in part because they assume the guys are all dumb and lazy. It's God telling you that you need to do well in high school if you're not on a sports team or a genius on full scholarship (in a serious subject) or you're screwed. If you're not majoring in health sciences, CS, or accounting, don't waste your time here. Stop wasting your parents money.

Sabrina

Quinnipiac is a great community that makes college a fun place to live and learn. I always feel safe on campus and trust the operations of the university. There is also plenty to do on campus making it easy to stay on campus if you aren`t one for the party scene or simply can`t afford to go out one weekend for whatever reason. Also, hockey season is the only season that matters!! Go Bobcats!!

Julia

Love everything about it. Great size campus great class sizes!

Marisa

Quinnipiac University is a smaller University placed beautifully across from Sleeping Giant State Park in Hamden, Ct. There are plenty of things to do on campus and near by. Whether it is greek life, athletics, student government, clubs or everything New Haven has to offer. The school is known for it's competitive health sciences but is well rounded in education, communication, and business.

Kaitlyn

Quinnipiac University is a great school with a strong focus in the health sciences. There is a lot of school spirit, especially at the hockey games. I love living on campus as a freshman- everything is a 10 minute walk away. On the weekends, there is stuff to do both on campus and off (Toad's Place!).

Heidie

I have visited the school and must say the atmosphere is absolutely friendly. There are plenty of clubs to join and activities to participate in to keep you involved with academically, politically, even physically. Much opportunity to be found here on campus. I definitely reccomend a visit or two to see for yourself

Alexis

I truly enjoy going to Quinnipiac University, due to the various opportunities it has provided me with career wise and within its community from the extracurriculars to the wonderful professors. It's a great experience to go here, and I think that it has contributed to my growth as a person.

Lina

Or so the stereotype goes. The professors are passionate and always available for their students. The campus is beautiful and quiet during the week.

Gianna

A fun, loving, and adventurous community. I can't picture myself anywhere else. Quinnipiac university brought me some of my closest friends. Whenever I go home I get sad and get excited to come back so I can see all my friends again. We like to have fun.

Claudia

It's an okay school. The campus is very pretty. The university gives generous amounts of scholarships since the school is very expensive like every other private university. QU is known best for its Health Science programs.

Dale

It's a beautiful campus with great academics. The drinking culture is strong and typically involves going to clubs in New Haven.

Julia

It is a small private college in Hamden, CT. Gorgeous campus, great amenities, but very very pricy. You do get what you pay for though, perfectly manicured lawns and food that is way better than most colleges.

Anne

Personally, if I could have done it all over again, I would have gone somewhere else. If you don't become involved with Greek life or you're not an athlete, you won't fit in. The only big sport is hockey and it's not always guaranteed even as a student that you can get a ticket. However, there are lots of good restaurants nearby in Hamden. It's also fun to go out in New Haven but definitely go in a group especially if you're a girl. Also, a lot of the guys at Quinnipiac are super into themselves, gross, and short so just an FYI. Additionally, Quinnipiac has put most of their money into the medical programs so good luck having your degree in any other program get attention. I was a Media Studies major and luckily the School of Communications was a really good program but being a French minor I struggled to attain the courses I needed to graduate. They made it impossible to register for French courses because they wouldn't offer them every semester due to the lack of staff and interest. Also, the meal plan is ridiculous. You're assigned a certain amount of money each semester and the food is so expensive. Don't believe the tour guide when she says guys run out of their meal plan first and girls will buy their food for them. I'm a girl and I eat and I ran out quickly and I wasn't going to share with any guy. Quinnipiac is made out to be this awesome place where it's so accepting of diversity but that's all marketing. If you're considering going here, really do your research.

It is a good school, albeit very expensive. The campus is gorgeous, and hockey is by far the school's biggest interest. Even if you aren't into sports, there will always be a group of people that you will be able to call your friends. There's also plenty to get involved in.

Jamila

Quinnipiac University is dedicated to their students. I have experienced the most caring admissions counselors to professors that are accessible to answer any questions about the assignment. I have worked on the Master's degree for a long time, and I have the best professors and mentors from Quinnipiac that have been nothing but supportive. I cannot wait to be an alumna of Quinnipiac University.

Jaidah

The stuents at this school are so outgoing, everyone is involved in something, everyone is so nice to eachother. The staff and proffesors want everyone at this school to succeed. There aren't many times when I can say I have heard so many great things about a school, from our top rated programs to the nice, happy faces you can always expect to encounter. This school gives you so many experiences and oppurtunities it's amazing. I couldn't have chosen a better place to decide where I want to start off my future and career, and trust me, I took that decision very seriously.

Molly

Quinnipiac has been the school for me from the second I have walked onto the campus! I grew up always surrounded by nature and mountains and that is what drew me to the school. The academics and the passion and love that all the professors have kept me here. The food is not the best but it is supposed to be getting better next year so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I love this school and it is really developing into a well-rounded school!

JESSICA

My overall rating of Quinnipiac University is good. I personally love my classes and my academics. I enjoy going to class, my professors are all so knowledgable and they truly make me enjoy learning. On the other side, socially I am not a fan of Quinnipiac. I wasn't sure as to what size university I wanted to go too, so I decided QU was average medium/ smaller size so it would be perfect. Now, being a student I find this campus to be very small with not much going on. In that perspective I am disappointed. Safety wise, public safety is amazing I never feel as though I am at risk and if something was to happen, there are officers everywhere! Overall Quinnipiac University is a good school, but in my eyes, it isn't great.

Brooke

I love Quinnipiac, it my home away from home. I'm so glad I choose this College. I actually thought I wanted to go to another University, but after visiting and meeting the students at Quinnipiac my mind was changed. I couldn't be prouder then to be a BobCat!

Merina

My overall opinion of Quinnipiac University is that it's becoming a very well-known and prestigious school. Our academics are outstanding and we have great professors who are always willing to help our students succeed. However, the social scene is something to get accustomed to. It's a very cliquey school, but almost everyone is able to find their friend group. The only thing wrong is the location; there is nothing to do around Quinnipiac. Overall, it's a great school.

As a student of Quinnipiac University for the past two years, I can confidently say that it is a five-star establishment. A cursory glance at the school shows a stunning campus, nationally recognized athletics, and most importantly, a rigorous curriculum. As far as scholastics go, there is something for everyone. The School of Health Science and Nursing is by far the most popular, with the School of Business right behind. However, there is also a liberal arts curriculum and a budding School of Engineering. Campus life is certainly not lacking. There are school-sponsored events every day, ranging from fundraisers for charity to cultural events with free food. The Student Programming Board and QU After Dark put on well-attended weekend events such as movie nights, off campus trips to indoor ropes courses and painting studios, and the infamous bingo nights. Every student on campus has gone to bingo at least once in the hopes of winning a Go Pro, FitBit, or mini fridge. The prizes are spectacular, with no entry fee, and someday I will win that bean bag. Ice hockey is by far our most well attended sport up at the gorgeous York Hill campus. That’s an event so big that it even draws a considerable amount of the general public to the TD Bank Arena. The student section is a wave of gold, and the Ice Cats and Pep Band keep everyone’s spirits high. Even the food at Quinnipiac is above average, with an amazing deli, all day breakfast, and an allergen-free station with none of the top eight allergens, including gluten. There are such a variety of things to do at Quinnipiac, that I know I’ll be busy for the next two years trying to see it all!

It's awesome! I am so excited to come here as a freshman in the fall. The many things I am excited about is to meet new people, learn many new things, and take part in clubs that support me and my passions for the performing arts. The people here are so sweet and are willing to help, and I love that.

Roliya

It's ok

Vinay

Quinnipiac University is an overall amazing school which offers many opportunities and creates its own little world for its students to partake in. The tuition is expensive however it is shown by the amount of money spent on facilities, food, construction, and many other projects. The school will feel like a second home to most and once you're finished you won't want to leave.

Matthew

I am a 4.0 double major at Quinnipiac University, and every minute wasted here is living hell. If you care about your future and your personal success and you want to learn and make good friends, please do not come here. I am disciplined, ambitious, intelligent, and fit, which simply is not allowed here. The culture is absolutely toxic and no learning takes place here whatsoever. The academics are pathetic and career guidance worse than non-existent. Very few classes here require more than an ounce of effort and provide no academic value. If you stay here on the weekends, there is no food available at all, and nothing opens before 10 because few get up before noon here. The only thing anyone does here is drink, go clubbing, and hookup with strangers in New Haven. If you come here, either you will be influenced to become like this, or your life will be hell.

stephanie

Quinnipiac is an excellent school that takes a huge part in helping students better themselves and accomplish their goals. The campus is a beautiful and relaxing environment. professors and administration are always there to lend a hand and help students if they need it. Quinnipiac is a great environment that balances academics and fun extra circulars for the students to enjoy their college years.

Haylei

I am absolutely in love with my school. If I had the opportunity to go back and choose a school again, I'd choose Quinnipiac University 100 times over again. The professors are great, the learning environment is amazing, social life is more than I expected, everyone is incredibly nice and the campus is absolutely gorgeous. I am now going into my sophomore year at Quinnipiac University and I can't think of one thing I would have changed about my freshman year. I 110% recommend touring this school and considering attending! There are plenty of involvement opportunities and there is something going on almost every day of the week, whether it be an ice cream social, movie nights, inflatable activities on the lawn, etc. Quinnipiac University goes above and beyond when it comes to providing for their students. One thing I will note - if you are looking to get an education in a "city setting" this is not your school! We are a short train ride away from NYC but I can guarantee you will never want to leave campus because there are always so many exciting events taking place! LOVE LOVE LOVE QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY!

The campus is very beautiful and while there are some departments that are lacking in comparison to others, there is always someone (whether it be an extra help session or an upper class-man) who I can go to for assistance in a subject. I do wish the prices for food were lower and there were more extracurricular activities to partake in on campus.

Coralie

I love my school. I had a slow start at the beginning but I soon learned to think of it as home. The beauty of the campus definitely adds to the experience in a way that is unbelievable. I've met lifelong friends and have had amamxing professors who truly want their students to succeed.

Sandra

Quinnipiac University is a great college that offers a fair amount of academic choices for someone looking towards a specific career goal or for someone looking to explore and weigh their options. The Faculty and Staff here are more than helpful and will work with you day in and day out so that you succeed. Also, this school has a plethora of clubs and extracurricular activities one could join. Overall, a great college for different experiences and for a higher level in learning.

Chloe

It's really hard to find any complaints about Quinnipiac. The campus itself is what first drew me in. The facilities are modern and the surrounding scenery is breathtaking. As for academics, the class sizes are fairly small which to me makes for a much better learning environment. I have to say my favorite aspect of Quinnipiac is the student life. There are always events going on around campus from the arts, to athletics, to even just free food events.

Bethany

I love being at Quinnipiac University School of Law. I have had a wonderful experience thus far, with small class sizes, knowledgeable professors, and a challenging learning environment. In addition, the buildings are beautiful and all classrooms are equipped with new technology.

Christy

This is a very good school, and I am grateful that my parents have put a lot of their money into my education. I myself, do not see myself being here for another three years though, based on that it simply isn't where I want to be. There are many stereotypes about rich white snobby kids, and slutty drunk girls. People seem to judge people based on what they wear, or what background they are from. I know many people of different backgrounds and who may not share the same style as me. They are all different from one another. They all have different stories, different interests, you can actually learn a lot about someone from simply talking to them:). You can't simply say "oh you wear ugg boots you must be a snobby white girl like all the rest". That isn't the best example, but you see what Im going for. Let people wear what they want to wear. Some days ill be wearing a long tye dye skirt with my septum piercing, others I may wear uggs and a cozy north face jacket. (not to mention north face jackets are a pretty popular brand... It gets cold here in Connecticut, I where what I find is good for the weather! Anyways, I have gotten comments and stares here not only from my septum piercing but also the days I feel to dress more.. exotic.. but I really don't feel like you can judge someone just from looking at them.

Jillian

Quinnipiac University is a beautiful University that fulfills every students idea of a wonderful college experience. From visiting Quinnipiac University twice it hasn't failed to make me the happiest person. The beauty of it's campus, and the sweet people on it cannot fail to make you smile.

Kara

It is a really great school- the professors are always available and helpful and students are able to find activities for any of their interests. The housing situation is not the best as there are an increasing amount of students coming and not enough housing for all of them. Overall, the campus is beautiful and the food is not bad.

Overall, I love the school and wouldn't want to go anywhere else. Of course, there are a few things that could be improved, such as, the food choices and some of the classrooms are a little old but the school offers a lot of opportunities for everyone.

Neil

This is coming from a student who comes from a minority background. Literally if you're caucasion this school is the place for you. On the other hand, if you're a minorty, QU will not take any of your problems into consideration. Had a terrible roomate problem freshman year, reported it, they did nothing. The only way to have them react is to include Hamden Police. This isn't a school for minorites. Trust me, look up the diversity percentage of QU at other websites. Tuition is very expensive, dont even bother wasting your money here. If you're a Conneticut resident I recommend the University of Connecticut. You would have a better time there for a fraction of what you would pay for QU.

Joy

Quinnipiac has it's ups and downs like I can imagine any university to be. The people here can be stuck up but once you find your group of friends, it can be very enjoyable. The campus is beautiful. One of my favorite places to be is the quad; during the spring/summer you can see Sleeping Giant and relax on the quad.

Catherine

I adore this school. I feel incredibly safe and taken care of. The support and amazing if you are willing to look for it. Having the library open for 24 hours is also so amazing and makes doing your school work on your own time schedule extremely easy.

Gianna

I love Quinnipiac University. The small class sizes, facilities and beautiful campus makes you feel safe as well as encouraged to learn and grow. Dorms are high quality and the campus size allows you to be in 15 walking distance of everything. The food is average like every other campus because nothing is better than a home cooked meal.

Timothy

Currently, I am a transfer student and I have been at Quinnipiac for one academic year. I can't say anything but great things about this school. It is in a beautiful location, residing right next to one of Connecticut's best state parks and the campus is elegantly peaceful. The resources that we get at this school are superior. There are so many opportunities at every student's disposal, and the professors are here fore everything we need. Overall, Quinnipiac provides students with education they need to succeed after college and does so in remarkable fashion.

I could not be more pleased with Quinnipiac University. The academics are its strong suit, yet QU also provides a student with a myriad of opportunities in order to excel. In fact, I love this university so much that I am choosing to spend my three years of graduate school here as well. I honestly believe that being a student at Quinnipiac University has allowed me to become the person I am and prepare me to the fullest for my career path ahead!

Joy

Quinnipiac University is known as a party school full of rich, white snotty kids. While this is true, there is a whole other side to Quinnipiac. Like everywhere you go in life, there will be people you dislike and people you like. Once you find the people you like here, it will make it worth is. Quinnipiac helps you be able to find yourself, if you apply yourself, your professors will be there to help you, they want to see you succeed. Quinnipiac is enjoyable when you get over the fact a majority of the students and workers here all think that the world owe them something.

Zoe

Quinnipiac is amazing. It’s such an accepting and helpful school, I have never felt more welcomed. It’s truly a second home to me

Matthew

I studied at Quinnipiac for 2 years and could not have been more disappointed. The problem was the academics and the professors. The first semester I found myself doing work non-stop and I didn't have any problem with that. I was in very basic courses and had pretty decent teachers. 2nd semester is where it began to fall apart. In the AT program, you begin taking specific AT courses in the second semester of your freshman year. These teachers were some of the worst I've had. They were clearly just athletic trainers that they hired and required them to teach specific courses. There was zero direction in class and the professors were never available after class to help the students. This translated to the homework as well, there was next to nothing which made it pretty hard to find material to study from in such intense subjects such as kinesiology. This became a trend with professors my sophomore year at Quinnipiac as well. I had many teachers that were just high school teachers that were never required to have office hours and were particularly lazy in class. I found myself with lots of downtimes after class as there was never any homework and very little resources to study with. Besides the teaching staff, there were many problems with the other faculty as well. My advisor for the entirety of my freshman year would frequently ignore my emails and provide me with misinformation on basic questions. When I tried to appeal to the higher-ups for her mistakes they just chose to blame me and refused to work with me. This University is not worth the money they are asking you to shell out for mediocre teaching and a useless faculty