Worcester, MA
Quinsigamond Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Quinsigamond Community College

anni

its pretty cool

its pretty cool

Aria

Despite being a pretty disorganized school, Quinsigamond Community College is a very diverse, unique, and satisfactory school...

If I could give my high school self one piece of advice, it would be to go the extra mile and do those challenging problems at the end of every chapter. At the time, I constantly felt pressed for time. However, the reality was that I had way more time than I thought I did. If I had taken the time to go the extra mile and do those problems, then I likely would have built up solid problem solving skills. I would be able to fluidly bend and use my knowledge in different ways, which would save time for my college self.

I consider the guidance department the worst part about my school. THe guidance department is very disorganized and isn't always very understanding of the students' educational needs. The biggest example of this is placement testing. Due to the lack of organization, many incoming students are misinformed as to whether or not they need to be registered for placement tests before they take them. For some students, this dilemma can mean having to wait another day or week to take their test.

angie

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell her that the transition into college life is a rather easy one, it is keeping the momentum to finish that I would most tell her about, and to not get discouraged about ways to pay for college. I would tell her that no matter what, it is most important to finish and not get distracted about jobs, and events, and just life in general and get your degree. I never realized how important that degree would be as far as getting a job or getting paid what I should get paid because I don't have a degree. All of the knowledge and experience in this world does not matter if you don't have the degree to back it up. I would tell her to keep her head up, strive for the best, study hard, and do not get distracted by anyone or anything. I would tell her to look at my struggles and learn from my mistakes. I would tell her do not take breaks, push forward and do not stop until you have a degree!

Noelia

Quinsigamond is best known for being one of the best places to attend when you're not really sure about what you want to do in life. It's also well known for being an affordable method to earn a degree to get your foot in the door in something you'd like to do in the future.

Don't let anything discourage you, or bring you down. You can do anything that you put your mind to! Things in life won't always be easy, and sometimes you may think that you're not good enough, but don't for one second believe that. You love helping people and the best way to help the people that really need it, is to continue with school and never give up. Think positively of every situation, no matter how hard it may be. There's a light at the end of the tunnel that's never going to fade as long as you keep your head up and tell yourself that anything is possible. Don't let the hard work scare you, it'll all be worth it when you're done.

Someone who is lazy and isn't willing to try shouldn't attend. Someone who isn't open minded and willing to learn new things shouldn't attend. Anyone who is confused about what they'd like to do in the future and isn't willing to accept help from anyone to figure it out shouldn't attend.

Tyler

i hated it... i'm going back to a university to waste 20,000 because i dont want to be at that shit hole anymore

decent, can't complain. the teachers were very good compared to what I expected.

Meagen

What I have gotten out of my college experiance so far is excitement, friends, a new experiance, and a strong will to learn. I am excited because I feel as though I get to make my own decisions in life. I have made alot of new friends that I probably would not have met if I just worked a job. This experiance is amazing. I feel as though my future is going to be brighter because of the path I chose. Since ive been in school I have learned more and have been wanting to. When i was in high school I felt that I had to go to school just to graduate. College is the same thing but now that im going it feels as though its so much more. I want to learn. I want to graduate from college. I want to make something out of my life. College has been a amazing experiance and I would never change it for the world.

I wish I would have known how serious college is. Also I would have liked to know that when you go to school the teachers are there to teach you and if you dont want to learn then thats not there fault. You need to want to go to college. If you dont then your not only wasting your own time, but also all of the people that want to help you succeed in life. There is also someone out there who would have liked your spot and who would have actually took the time to learn the work.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is someone who doesnt care about getting a higher education. If your just going to school because someone is forcing you or just to go for fun then thats a mistake. You need to go because you want to. Not because it seems like fun. College isnt like the movies where its party all the time. Its a hard working place that you need to take seriously.

Celese

Well, it's not that unique. I'm going Quinsig because of the cost and because I had to get more credits before before I could attend my first college choice, Worcester State College.

When I was a senior, I didn't really know what I wanted to do and because of that I allowed friends and family make my decisions for me. My life went from bad to horrible because I went to a college they picked for me and had the worst time there. I knew that I wasn't mentally ready to go to college and I just couldn't cope with the changes. So if I could go back in time, I would tell myself that life is hard and I have to be prepared for it. I would tell myself to take an active stance in my education and not just go along with everyone else. Now, I'm at a community college. I'm taking it slow and I love it. The best thing about it is, I did it on my own.

The best thing I consider about my school is the cost. As a community college, the cost of attendance never goes over 3 grand. This is good for me because if it went any higher, I would have to take out loans because I don't have money to pay for school.

Minnie

I would tell myself to stay focused, to concentrate on school, and that your friends can come later but if you do want friends now but they are not willing to help you or contribute to your journey then they don?t deserve to be your friends. I would also tell myself to not let anything bother you, to stand up for yourself; when in class pay attention to your work do not let anything distract you so easily as they have before the more you stay focused the more you will succeed and accomplish what you want to do or become in life and make something of yourself and prove to the people that said you couldn?t do it or that you wouldn?t make it wrong, make them think twice about what they said to you and wish that they could have enjoyed this journey with you and watch you make something of yourself along the way but most of all always be a leader and never a follower and always stand your ground keep looking forward at the positive things in life.

Kiani

I think the biggest thing I would tell myself is to do a better job at researching. This would include starting my college search in my junior year instead of as a high school graduate. By getting a head start on searching the colleges I could also research how much they cost and what it would take for me to go to the school of my choice. The cost of school and not being prepared for the cost is the biggest problem. The first thing I would tell myself would be to first save as much money as possible. This is extremely important because the more money you have saved the less you would have to take out in loans. The next step would be to research scholarships. I haven't looked into scholarships until my sophomore year in college and this has put me in a position to take out loans that will take a long to time to pay off. The last would be to be very cautious when applying for a loan. The loan that I have has high interest and I was caught off guard by this. Always look at the fine print for a loan.

There is not much that I wish I could have known before going to Quinsigamond Community College, but I do wish I had a better knowledge of the program of study that I was entering. I had originally chose the General Studies program but found out that some 4-year universities won't accept some of he credits earned in the program so I switched to Liberal Arts. Another issue would been to have known how many class to take or a good order to take the classes that would have helped me finish in the two years.

Quinsigamond Community College is a good school for anyone who is looking to get the credits for their general education before moving on to a 4-year university for their major. By doing the general education first at a community college you spend less money and then are able to concentrate on getting your chosen major at a 4-year university. It is also a great school for those who are unsure of what they want to do or haven't chosen their major yet.

As a student at a Quinsigamond Community College, my classmates are of all races, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, gender, educational experiences, and levels of personal ambition.

Never having been a confident student, I tend to feel unsure about myself in school. For four years, I was forever being told that college was going to be much harder than I was used to in high school. I became terrified that I would fail in college, that I couldn?t ?hack it?. Now, about to graduate with my Associates degree and transfer to earn my Bachelors, I know that I am more than capable at the college level. I have been able to hold my own with people twice my age and with more education that I currently have. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to have more faith in my abilities to learn and to adapt to new academic experiences.

When I brag about my school, I say that Quinsigamond Community College is a wonderful place for every student. They understand that not all students are natural ones; some have struggle every day in an academic environment. Because so many students here are returning to school after a long absence or did not feel confident about success at a four year school, there are support systems in place to give each one the opportunity to do well in college. Those support systems allow all students with the will to become successful students.

Quinsigamond Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.