Radford, VA
Radford University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Radford University

Sara

Overall, I feel Radford is a great school to attend! It has a wide variety of majors and degrees for one to chose from, so there is a choice for almost everyone. The school is the PERFECT size, it's a mid-size school with about or a little under 10,000 students. The campus is within walking distance, and is a beautiful place throughout the year since it is located in the mountains. Whenever I tell people I attend Radford, most ask me about the parties. However, while it is a good party school, it also has amazing educational programs, and besides... what school isn't a party school? Besides having great parties, Radford lacks in great parking. If you live on campus, then parking and walking is not problem, but for commuters the parking is not so good. It isn't the end of the world, but some days you may have to walk an extra block. All in all though the school is wonderful, and it has good variety for most everyone!

The most popular student group on campus is probably Greek life, and various religious groups. I was apart of the sorority Phi Sigma Sigma, but I disassociated from them in Fall 2014, for financial reasons. I was unable to afford the dues, plus I work part time so I also had to keep in mind my grades with school. After leaving the sorority, I began attending church groups on campus like D.O.C. (Disciples On Campus), and CRU

I would say the students at Radford are a very open and accepting group of people. There are a lot of religious groups on campus along with greek life, various clubs, etc... The campus atmosphere is laid back, so I feel like it would be hard to feel left out with so many different club activities to try. Most students are middle to upper class, but there are also students who work and pay their way through. It is a very even mix of students at Radford, so I feel like there is a good amount of mixing and mingling one could do.

Alyssa

My school is honestly best known for our previous party lifestyle. While there are still parties at my school we all as a whole students, faculty and administration are working to change that image. That party image is a negative comment that no longer applies to this campus. It is now a dry campus and all mythical raging parties have long sense disappeared from this campus.

I would tell myself not to sweat the small things and enjoy being home. I love living on my own but I often miss my parents and the support they gave. I would also tell myself not to rush everything, to just take a moment and relax. Everything that I thought had to be done right then really did not. I could have enjoyed high school so much more if I hadn't been in such a rush to grow up. Enjoy still being dependant the real life will come so fast and it comes at you even faster the more you just want it to slow down. Enjoy the small things in life and the people that are there with you in that moment, because they won't always be.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of activities provided from students outside of greek life. Campus does offer 1 activity a weekend on campus and would benefit from offering more on the weekend that hold the same interest level that greek community creates.

Charles

From what I've heard from students who attend Radford, along with fellow classmates back in high school, Radford is well known for being the biggest party school on the western part of Virginia. Though this is what I have heard most about Radford, it is not on my list of college priorities.

What makes Radford University unique, at least to me, is that it will be the one university that i can afford to attend. Virginia Tech was an option but it is too expensive. I also tried attending East Tennessee State University with the misunderstanding that I was eligable for In-State tuition. After finding that this was not true, I am now left with Radford University.

College should be your first lesson of adulthood. It is not like highschool; you will not skim by like you are now. It takes motivation and determination. You will have to give it everything you've got and you will also have to want it. If you don't give it 100 % you won't make any progress. It will take you longer to graduate and it will cost your more money. You cannot assume that everything is going according to plan because it won't. Plan on having plenty of setbacks. Learn to stay headstrong. When something Goes wrong, make the necessary adjustments and drive on. Life will not wait for. If you're not progressing, you're falling behind.

Alexis

A good coummunity where you are more than a number to teachers but also a name.

A good coummunity where you are more than a number to teachers but also a name.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know about college life now, I would tell myself to apply for scholarships. I would also tell myself that college is going to be an adjustment and not to be afraid, but also to be prepared for a lot of studying. I would tell myself that college is going to be a fun experience but I have to remeber why i came here and that New York City is my goal and I can't forget that.

The worst thing about school is having to start over. For some people this could be a good thing, but going to a school where you don't know anyone and an introvert can be a hard adjustment. I still wouldn't say that this is the "worst thing" but just a hard thing. Some may say that having 8 ams is the worst thing about college but having to go to class and learn is what we all should be here for and it's just part of the college process.

Hayley

I was a tour guide here at Radford University and I always tell prospective students to go to the place they think fits them the best. I emphasize how different the learning environment is at a very large university with auditorium classes to the more one on one time at a smaller school. Time management is something that is extremely hard for eveyone entering college. It's important to prioritize your time so you complete your school work before you enjoy the social activities. The most important thing is to ask questions and seek help if you need it. Never be afraid to go talk to your teacher after class or during office hours if you need help.

I thought the admissions office did a great job with giving me all the info I needed.

Sylvia

I would tell myself to not go into school with a clear cut idea of what I wanted to do with my life because it can change and it did. I would also tell myself not be be afraid of moving miles away from home because it will only help me learn to be independent in the long run. And most of all take all the chances you can because once they are gone they will never come back and you don't want to look back and regret not doing certain things.

This school has something for everyone so anyone type of person can attend this school ecause they will fit in and find people just like them

Charnae'

hmm thats a really good question, advice i would give myself is to find scholarships because i am now struggling and stressing myself out every semester trying to find money for books (which are very expensive) and money for tution. so looking for scholarships would definintly be number one. and number two would just to be open minded and come out of your comfort zone try new things for a wonderful experience.

i wouldnt say that there is anything wrong with this school execpet you will get tired of the fast food places around here very quickly but that is at every school. I mean who wants to keep eating the same food everyday. Time to switch it up, you know.

Well my school is not too far from home. We have over 500 plus different organizations and clubs here at Radford. There is something always going on here on campus. The campus is very pretty all four seasons! The classes are nice sizes, and the professors are here for you. I love them.

Benjamin

Radford was the best choice of school I chould have chosen.

Radford was the best choice of school I chould have chosen.

I would advise my high school self to branch out and make the most of the time that I thought was so abundant when I started my undergraduate career. I can remember spending many afternoons wasting time in my dorm room during my first year at university, not involved in clubs, organizations, activities, or anything outside of the classroom or my immediate friend group. I really regret this, and find myself wishing that I had joined more organizations and made more friends when I had started school. I would also tell myself that going to class is mandatory. Now I attend every class, and I even find myself enjoying it, but I can distinctly recall skipping multiple classes a week when I was starting out. I thought I had better things to do than sit in a classroom and listen to a professor lecture, but now I realize that this was money and time wasted. Moreover, as time went by, I found myself increasingly engaged in class and enjoying learning both in and out of the classroom. I would tell my high school self to start this earlier so as to prepare for an interesting and prosperous educational career.

There is no one that should not attend Radford University. I believe Radford has a good fit and an appropriate size for a wide variety of students, and I don't think there is anyone on our campus who does not fit in somewhere.

Jonathan

If I could go back and talk to my high school self as a senior I would start off by telling myself to take school more seriously and to study harder. I always made decent grades in high school, but I never studied as hard as I could have for my classes. Knowing now how hard college work is and how much time it takes to study and study well I wish I had learned to study hard while in high school so the transition into college work would be easier.

Radford University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.