Radford, VA
Radford University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Radford University

Charnae'

hmm thats a really good question, advice i would give myself is to find scholarships because i am now struggling and stressing myself out every semester trying to find money for books (which are very expensive) and money for tution. so looking for scholarships would definintly be number one. and number two would just to be open minded and come out of your comfort zone try new things for a wonderful experience.

i wouldnt say that there is anything wrong with this school execpet you will get tired of the fast food places around here very quickly but that is at every school. I mean who wants to keep eating the same food everyday. Time to switch it up, you know.

Well my school is not too far from home. We have over 500 plus different organizations and clubs here at Radford. There is something always going on here on campus. The campus is very pretty all four seasons! The classes are nice sizes, and the professors are here for you. I love them.

Benjamin

Radford was the best choice of school I chould have chosen.

Radford was the best choice of school I chould have chosen.

I would advise my high school self to branch out and make the most of the time that I thought was so abundant when I started my undergraduate career. I can remember spending many afternoons wasting time in my dorm room during my first year at university, not involved in clubs, organizations, activities, or anything outside of the classroom or my immediate friend group. I really regret this, and find myself wishing that I had joined more organizations and made more friends when I had started school. I would also tell myself that going to class is mandatory. Now I attend every class, and I even find myself enjoying it, but I can distinctly recall skipping multiple classes a week when I was starting out. I thought I had better things to do than sit in a classroom and listen to a professor lecture, but now I realize that this was money and time wasted. Moreover, as time went by, I found myself increasingly engaged in class and enjoying learning both in and out of the classroom. I would tell my high school self to start this earlier so as to prepare for an interesting and prosperous educational career.

There is no one that should not attend Radford University. I believe Radford has a good fit and an appropriate size for a wide variety of students, and I don't think there is anyone on our campus who does not fit in somewhere.

Jonathan

If I could go back and talk to my high school self as a senior I would start off by telling myself to take school more seriously and to study harder. I always made decent grades in high school, but I never studied as hard as I could have for my classes. Knowing now how hard college work is and how much time it takes to study and study well I wish I had learned to study hard while in high school so the transition into college work would be easier.

Jeanne

If I could go back to my senior year, I would have applied to more colleges, worked harder and been more aware of finiancial aid and scholarships.

Jenna

If I could go back in time and give advice to myself as a high school senior, I would stress the importance of hard work. I always knew that hard work was essential, but I never realized just how crucial it is to be successful in school. In college, it is extremely easy to fail a class. So many things can go wrong. If you miss too many classes, forget to check your syllabus, or even screw up just one test you could ruin your chances of making a good grade. To make adequate grades, you must be very organized, keep up with assignments, and you should probably use a planner. I've found that planning my days out the night before have really helped me. Don't be afraid to ask the instructor fot help or extra credit either! Even if they can't give you extra credit, at least they now you're making an effort. That's what matters the most in college overall: effort.

Someone who wants to get to know their professors, and someone who wants to attend a somewhat big college, but not too big. Someone who prefers a mid-major size college.

The campus is beautiful, the professors are amazing, and the other students are very accepting and fun.

Its just the right size! Its big enough to meet so many new and diverse people, but it is small enough where you are able to meet one-on-one with your professors when neccessary. And a beautiful campus!

I would firstly tell myself to stop being so stressed! People who didn't like you or spoke poorly about you have no effect on you later in life, even just a year after graduation. I wasted so much time trying to impress people that really don't matter anymore, and I now regret that. The saying "you meet your real friends" in college really is true. The friendships I have made so far are much stronger and healthier than those I made in high school. I would also try to stop myself from catching the notorious "senioritis". Its terrible, and it tries to carry over to college! After doing my fair share of "slacking off" once I was accepted to Radford, it was incredibly difficult to get back in the habit of spending hours of my time studying and doing homework each and every night. I wish I hadn't been a lazy senior last year!

How great the class sizes are and how pretty the campus is, not to mention how many good friends I have made.

Courtney

To have looked into how much college would actual cost, I knew it would be a good chunck of cash; I just never knew the real numbers. Try to connect with the college I am interested in sooner, rather than later. Then to be more pasionate in looking at scholarships and looking at jobs before school has ended. To try my hardest because I am the only person that could get me from point A to point B.

Do more research on colleges, Study more. Don't take too many classes at once when you start college. Don't set your heart one one college. Apply for as many scholarships as you can. Don't do loans, Make sure you have all your texts and stuff. Don't be late to your classes. Make sure you talk to all of your teachers.

Radford University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.