Radford, VA
Radford University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Radford University

Jeanne

If I could go back to my senior year, I would have applied to more colleges, worked harder and been more aware of finiancial aid and scholarships.

Jenna

If I could go back in time and give advice to myself as a high school senior, I would stress the importance of hard work. I always knew that hard work was essential, but I never realized just how crucial it is to be successful in school. In college, it is extremely easy to fail a class. So many things can go wrong. If you miss too many classes, forget to check your syllabus, or even screw up just one test you could ruin your chances of making a good grade. To make adequate grades, you must be very organized, keep up with assignments, and you should probably use a planner. I've found that planning my days out the night before have really helped me. Don't be afraid to ask the instructor fot help or extra credit either! Even if they can't give you extra credit, at least they now you're making an effort. That's what matters the most in college overall: effort.

Someone who wants to get to know their professors, and someone who wants to attend a somewhat big college, but not too big. Someone who prefers a mid-major size college.

The campus is beautiful, the professors are amazing, and the other students are very accepting and fun.

Its just the right size! Its big enough to meet so many new and diverse people, but it is small enough where you are able to meet one-on-one with your professors when neccessary. And a beautiful campus!

I would firstly tell myself to stop being so stressed! People who didn't like you or spoke poorly about you have no effect on you later in life, even just a year after graduation. I wasted so much time trying to impress people that really don't matter anymore, and I now regret that. The saying "you meet your real friends" in college really is true. The friendships I have made so far are much stronger and healthier than those I made in high school. I would also try to stop myself from catching the notorious "senioritis". Its terrible, and it tries to carry over to college! After doing my fair share of "slacking off" once I was accepted to Radford, it was incredibly difficult to get back in the habit of spending hours of my time studying and doing homework each and every night. I wish I hadn't been a lazy senior last year!

How great the class sizes are and how pretty the campus is, not to mention how many good friends I have made.

Courtney

To have looked into how much college would actual cost, I knew it would be a good chunck of cash; I just never knew the real numbers. Try to connect with the college I am interested in sooner, rather than later. Then to be more pasionate in looking at scholarships and looking at jobs before school has ended. To try my hardest because I am the only person that could get me from point A to point B.

Do more research on colleges, Study more. Don't take too many classes at once when you start college. Don't set your heart one one college. Apply for as many scholarships as you can. Don't do loans, Make sure you have all your texts and stuff. Don't be late to your classes. Make sure you talk to all of your teachers.

Carrie

I don't regret coming to Radford Univeristy, I absolutely love it here!

I don't regret coming to Radford Univeristy, I absolutely love it here!

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself as a high school senior to never give up. Growing up and moving away to college is a huge adjustment and a frightening experience, but you are not alone. By attending classes, participating in activities on campus, and getting involved makes it easier to adjust to the transition. The friendships, memories, and knowledge gained will last a lifetime. Don't be influenced by the peer pressure to party because it is possible to have a fun time without drugs or alcohol. College life does have its ups and down; however, through hard work and determination you can overcome any obstacle that you may face. For example, there will be late nights, long hours spent at the library, and many assignments. Don't stress too much and try to take each week one day at a time. Be responsible and stay organized because it pays off in the end. Good luck, keep pursuing your dreams, and never give up!

Someone who likes a smaller campus, smaller amounts of students in the classroom, who benefits from more one on one time with the professors, enjoys participating in on-campus activities, and has an interest in the majors that the school has to offer should attend Radford University.

timothy

The advice I would give myself is take life serious and try to be open to change and to take one moment at a time and allow myself to be a friend, and a good son to my parents. I would also want to let myself know that life ist always going to be fun, so take the bitter with the sweet, and always know that life is not only about my wants and needs, but the needs of others should always come first, and by telling myself these things life would be so much more better.

The best thing about my school is they are willing to help those that really want to make a better life, and provide me with the education in acheiving my goals in Social work, helping others that are stuggleing to find balance in life and to further the needs of those that want a chance to have a better life.

I wish I had known the importance of attending a school that offers such a tremendous avenue to persue an education, and to be willing to accept a person that has a past that doesnt look so grand. I like the fact that this school is availiable in my current city, and state.

Alyson

Some were focused, others not so much. Students were more serious around their senior year.

I would tell myself that while making friends is important--choose the right ones. Do not get lost in the shuffle and it is okay to put yourself first. Do not skip classes and do your work ahead of time. Ask questions and use the facilities on campus. College affects you for the rest of your life and it is okay to mess up because you will learn from those mistakes. Foster relationships with the people that want you to succeed and stay away from the people that are dragging you down. Remember that those "friends" that you made will most likely drift away after you graduate anyway. Be positive and make yourself proud.

How much of a party atmosphere there really was.

What do students complain about most?

Students complain most about the lack of food choices and the quality of most of the food.

What do students complain about most?

Radford is the only universoty or college in Virginia that is this size, 9,000 students total.

The Highlander Fest that happens every Fall semester at the beginning of October. There are traditional Scottish/Irish games like stone tossing and there is food and vendors with traditional items.

Describe the dorms.

Comfortable for two students, three is a bit much but it happens. A few have A/C, others are being renovated now to update the rooms and bathrooms and add air conditioning.

When you step off campus what do you see?

The beautiful mountains and a cute town.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

It had the program I was looking for - Music Therapy

A lot of students in dorms leave their doors open and they all talk to each other as they walk by. there isn't a whole lot off campus, but it's nice in the spring to go to the local park and hang out by the river and sometimes go swimming in it. A tradition Radford University had is the annual Fall Highlander Fest. There are traditional games like stone tossing, food, games, a music therapy drum circle, performances and shops. There is a small suburban area only 15 minutes away from Radford and has a lot to do.

We have all walks of life on this campus, Radford is very diverse. All kinds of races, religions, LGBT, and many others. Most of the students here are from the towns around the school or from northern Virginia. Most students wear comfortable, but appropriate clothing to classes, it ranges from pajamas/sweatpants to dressing up.

The main stereotype of students at Radford University is that we party all the time and don't go to classes. This not accurate. While students here party on weekends (like most other schools), they are attentive and attend their scheduled classes and lso many events during the week and weekends.

Radford University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.