Radford University

« See more reviews of Radford University

Radfords student body is medium in size. The students are really friendly and you see a lot of southern hospitality ( lots of good ol' boys). The majority of the student body is white, but that doesn't mean there aren't opportunities for other students. There are quite a few historically african american fraternities/sororities on campus. The campus isn't "cliquey" and everybody intereacts. You will never see a table of JUST greek life or JUST athletes. Everybody accepts everyone. Religion is very accepted on campus. There are many religious clubs on campus, churches around town, and religious gatherings on campus. Most students are from Virginia. The school is pretty conservative, politically, but its not prevalent on campus.

As a student who is only a sophomore i find that my classmates are typically new students as well and they only seem to be focused on partying and stuff of that nature and just go to class because they have to. Having taken a few upper level classes i notice that student at a higher level are typically more focused on education yet still party from time to time.

There are a variety of students that attend Radford. At Radford you can meet people from a lot of different backgrounds. We have students who come from other countries, other states, big towns, small towns. All the students have a chance to interact with each other, there are a ton of clubs and organizations that bring people together.

We have all walks of life on this campus, Radford is very diverse. All kinds of races, religions, LGBT, and many others. Most of the students here are from the towns around the school or from northern Virginia. Most students wear comfortable, but appropriate clothing to classes, it ranges from pajamas/sweatpants to dressing up.

Radford is not a big school, but we are diverse. While the majority of our students are females, we have students from many different countries, regions, ethic backgrounds, and races. We have a greek system, but it does not over-rule life around campus. Students at Radford know how to party, but work hard too.

My classmates in college are mostly middle class, in-state Virginia students that only came to Radford because they were denied at their first choice schools. They like to party alot and academics are not their first priority.

A lot of people call my classmates party animals, but they really aren't, they're-- scratch that-- WE'RE college students, we're excited to be at Radford, we're proud of our school, we're spirited.

The students here are really friendly. They come from all over and are quick to lend a hand. I have made my life long friends here and I wouldn't change that for the world.

In most of my classes, students feel at ease to openly talk about whatever might be on their mind while remembering to respect each others ideals and beliefs.

My classmates are very different some are very outgoing, outspoken, and opinionated and others are extremely shy and keep to themselves.