Radford University Top Questions

Alyssa

My school is honestly best known for our previous party lifestyle. While there are still parties at my school we all as a whole students, faculty and administration are working to change that image. That party image is a negative comment that no longer applies to this campus. It is now a dry campus and all mythical raging parties have long sense disappeared from this campus.

Charles

From what I've heard from students who attend Radford, along with fellow classmates back in high school, Radford is well known for being the biggest party school on the western part of Virginia. Though this is what I have heard most about Radford, it is not on my list of college priorities.

The Highlander Fest that happens every Fall semester at the beginning of October. There are traditional Scottish/Irish games like stone tossing and there is food and vendors with traditional items.

Matthew

My school is best know for partying. When people hear what school i go to they immediatly think i party or mention the parties. Academically we have a very strong nursing and teaching programm

Brianna MacPherson

My school is best known for our nursing major, criminal justice major, and interior design major. Radford is one of the best schools in Virginia when it comes to these three academic feilds because the work load is difficult but you are guarenteed a good education and a good job afterwards.

Melinda

My school is best known for being a smaller, well-kept, pretty campus that throws really good parties.

Morgan

Unfortunately, Radford is known for a lot of partying and craziness. Let me be the first to say, what college isn't like that? I hate the reputation that comes along with Radford sometimes and while you can often go out and have a good time, you will still be getting a great education here at Radford University.

Katherine

Before I came to Radford, I thought it was best known for its excessive drinking and partying. Now that I go here, I see that is not the case. I now see that Radford is best known for its nursing program. Many people come here specifically for nursing.

MIHAELA

medical education

Nichole

This school is mostly know for its party habits. I think it is a bad thing to be know for, but it doesn't mean that every student that attends this school drinks. There are many other things to do at this school other than party.

Justin

Radford University is best know for its smaller classes so students can be more involved in what is going on in class so its easy to learn.

Allen

Our school is best known for our binge drinking and apathetic administration. The higher-ups (not the professors) have no idea how to reach the students, nor do they care. The board of visitors, and by that I mean RJ Kirk, has an agenda that they(he) mandates and does not consider calmer minds when making it so. You can get a great value for your money here, but it will require long hours and lots of work on your end as opposed to the opportunities being presented to you. Double major, three minors, adminitrative nightmare.

Tiffany

partying

Morgan

Drinking and big Greek comunity. Small school. Close friends

Jason

Radford is known as a party-school, but this reputation is rapidly changing with the addition of accredidation of various undergraduate and graduate programs on campus.

Courtney

partying

Our school is best known as a party school, which is really not any truer than any other college or university.

Melissa

Radford University is well known for formally being an all girls school. Also that we use to be affiliated with Virginia Tech when they were an all boys school. We are also known for being partiers and being able to pre-game harder than most people can party.

Phillip

It's probably best known for it's overall enviroment of being a party oriented school, but it is quickly losing that quality and has, in the past few years, been growing better known for it's academic programs, especially it's nursing, elementary ed, and outdoor rec programs.

Katherine

The nursing program, teaching program and parties

Bretny

Quadfest.

Radford University is best known for its Business and Pre-Professional degrees and its Graduate Program. Radford works with its' sister school, Virginia Tech, to give students the best knowledge they can provide in specific fields. Radford also has a great study abroad program which familiarizes many students with the global economy.