Radford University Top Questions

Any student, who wants to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, would love the quite country campus location. Also, Radford is great for students who want a variety in their class size.

Someone who wants to get to know their professors, and someone who wants to attend a somewhat big college, but not too big. Someone who prefers a mid-major size college.

Carrie

Someone who likes a smaller campus, smaller amounts of students in the classroom, who benefits from more one on one time with the professors, enjoys participating in on-campus activities, and has an interest in the majors that the school has to offer should attend Radford University.

Sujin

Career-focused Someone who does not want too big or small school

Nora

For Radford you have to be a person that loves small classes. A person who is wanting to know their professor on a personal level. People that really like natuare and kind of the country life, Radford gives you that feeling because it's a town not a city. The Grad programs here are also good so students that want to go to undergrade, then stay at that college for Gradschool, Radford provides good programs for that. Another reason Radford transportation is nice, there's a bus that takes you to the mall in Christensburg, and of course Virginia Tech.

I really think that anyone would enjoy being at this school. I belive that anyone in a frame of mind of learning and enjoying its surroundings would love to be at Radford University. If a person that is quiet and reserved may meet their match that is upbeat and outgoing. A person that loves life, getting involved, socializing, learning all they can, and enjoys the outdoors, then Radford University is the right place to be. Anyone that would come from a big high school to Radford would enjoy the one on one time and someone from the opposite would too.

Terrick

The type of person that should attend Radford University is anyone with the will and determination to learn as well as better themselves for the future. A person who is looking forward to a new opportunity and is willing to embrace the experience and learn from the different opportunities presented to them. A student with a strong work ethic, leadership skills, organizational skills, and one who is socially interested will be the best student to represent Radford University.

Anybody should attend but someone who is more optimsitic and upbeat would succed better at Radford. A person who would do well at this University is one with enthusiam and who can get envolved in the numerous activities held there. A person who generally holds a smile on their face. would be best Radford is a great place for possitive people who are ready to have a good time and inspire others to join.

A prospective student should be someone who loves the mountains, small class sizes, and a highly social based school. If you want to study nursing or business one should choose this school also because we have some of the top programs in the state. This school makes me feel like a family where teachers know me by name and not a number. If you like the small town feel then Radford University is the school for you!

Someone who appreciates nature and is more incined to do well in a small-school atmosphere should attend here. Academics is an important aspect of the University along with fall/winter sports. Therefore a student who does well in an intimate and integrated, involved atmosphere located in a relatively remote location/setting will thrive at Radford University.

Radford University is meant for the type of student who has an urge to learn and has no problem gaining confidence and making new friends. RU is a small campus and thus all the students are very close to each other. A student attending will make friends no matter where he or she goes. A student must also not be afraid to contact a professor about homework or an upcoming deadline. RU will make students strong-willed if they are not already.

I believe the ideal student for Radford University would love a small, traditional campus. They must also like small classes with plenty available one-on-one time with each of their professors. Since the student body at Radford University is quite small, they should be outgoing and friendly because around here everyone knows everyone and everyone is friends with everyone.

Jodie

Anyone who is ready to contine their education once they graduate from high school should attend Radford University. Radford University is a school for people who enjoy a smaller school enviornment where the teachers know you by name instead of a number. Radford provides a great academic curriculum for everyone and even though Radford is located in a small town there is always something to do where you can easily make friends. Radford is also full of school spirit and provides different sport teams for athletes. Radford is an outstanding establishment that anyone would love.

People who want great scenery, small classes, focused professors and a good education. Our Nursing school is stellar.

People who are okay with being a part of a smaller community will do well at this school. Students are friendly and the off campus housing is easily accessed, so if you have friends that are upperclassmen it is easy to get to and from their apartments. The school doesn't have a football team, but Virginia Tech is only 15 minutes away so that isn't much of a bug deal. The school is nice and quaint and has a good enviormnemt for the students. They have an okay basketball team as well as dance team. Chior is offered.

The average to above average academic student who enjoys a positive social life

One that is determined to receive a degree in the field that they enjoy. One that is very social and likes a rural environment.

smart, looking for a fun yet academic college experience

Yasmeen

Someone who cares about people, their future and the futures of the people around them. Someone who cares about the environment and can have fun but be serious about their responsiilities at the same time. Someone who is down to earth, basically.

Any kind of person really, but one that wants to learn and gain a lot from it. I don't think someone should go to college just because their parents want them to. They need to go because THEY want to. Financial aid is readily available to those who qualify, and we also have Student Support Services should that person need help.

Laid back. Open minded.

Anyone who is socially-oriented, yet can maintain a firm grip on their school work.

Fun, outgoing, studious.

My school is very diverse and there are people of all kinds. Most already know what career they want to focus on but the school is very accepting to people who have not yet chosen a major. They offer many programs to help you figure out what you want to do. I love this school because everyone is so different.

A person who enjoys a small beautiful campus and small classrooms. Radford is a fantastic school if you utilize all the resources available to you and try hard at school instead of drinking all the time.

Anyone who is dedicated to wanting to get a college degree could attend this school.

Kayleigh

Someone who wants to succeed in life and is willing to work hard to get there.

Suzanne

Anyone that would like to learn a different side to themselves.

Jon

Looking for a good education that is not to demanding as well as a yerning to participate in fun social gatherings on a daily basis.

Laurie

Someone that is not afraid of the country, academically motivated,

A creative, outgoing person who likes a close knit atmosphere

Kristie

Anyone can attend Radford University and feel at home. The campus is so diverse that there's a place for everyone. Academically-focused individuals and those who aren't can enjoy the campus and find people like themselves.

Someone who wants mostly smaller classes with great teacher/student relationships. They should be excited to participate in campus activities and should look forward to joining a club, organization or sports team, because there are so many to choose from.