Radford University Top Questions

I would tell myself not to sweat the small things and enjoy being home. I love living on my own but I often miss my parents and the support they gave. I would also tell myself not to rush everything, to just take a moment and relax. Everything that I thought had to be done right then really did not. I could have enjoyed high school so much more if I hadn't been in such a rush to grow up. Enjoy still being dependant the real life will come so fast and it comes at you even faster the more you just want it to slow down. Enjoy the small things in life and the people that are there with you in that moment, because they won't always be.

College should be your first lesson of adulthood. It is not like highschool; you will not skim by like you are now. It takes motivation and determination. You will have to give it everything you've got and you will also have to want it. If you don't give it 100 {4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} you won't make any progress. It will take you longer to graduate and it will cost your more money. You cannot assume that everything is going according to plan because it won't. Plan on having plenty of setbacks. Learn to stay headstrong. When something Goes wrong, make the necessary adjustments and drive on. Life will not wait for. If you're not progressing, you're falling behind.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know about college life now, I would tell myself to apply for scholarships. I would also tell myself that college is going to be an adjustment and not to be afraid, but also to be prepared for a lot of studying. I would tell myself that college is going to be a fun experience but I have to remeber why i came here and that New York City is my goal and I can't forget that.

Hayley

I was a tour guide here at Radford University and I always tell prospective students to go to the place they think fits them the best. I emphasize how different the learning environment is at a very large university with auditorium classes to the more one on one time at a smaller school. Time management is something that is extremely hard for eveyone entering college. It's important to prioritize your time so you complete your school work before you enjoy the social activities. The most important thing is to ask questions and seek help if you need it. Never be afraid to go talk to your teacher after class or during office hours if you need help.

Sylvia

I would tell myself to not go into school with a clear cut idea of what I wanted to do with my life because it can change and it did. I would also tell myself not be be afraid of moving miles away from home because it will only help me learn to be independent in the long run. And most of all take all the chances you can because once they are gone they will never come back and you don't want to look back and regret not doing certain things.

Charnae'

hmm thats a really good question, advice i would give myself is to find scholarships because i am now struggling and stressing myself out every semester trying to find money for books (which are very expensive) and money for tution. so looking for scholarships would definintly be number one. and number two would just to be open minded and come out of your comfort zone try new things for a wonderful experience.

I would advise my high school self to branch out and make the most of the time that I thought was so abundant when I started my undergraduate career. I can remember spending many afternoons wasting time in my dorm room during my first year at university, not involved in clubs, organizations, activities, or anything outside of the classroom or my immediate friend group. I really regret this, and find myself wishing that I had joined more organizations and made more friends when I had started school. I would also tell myself that going to class is mandatory. Now I attend every class, and I even find myself enjoying it, but I can distinctly recall skipping multiple classes a week when I was starting out. I thought I had better things to do than sit in a classroom and listen to a professor lecture, but now I realize that this was money and time wasted. Moreover, as time went by, I found myself increasingly engaged in class and enjoying learning both in and out of the classroom. I would tell my high school self to start this earlier so as to prepare for an interesting and prosperous educational career.

Janay

Making the transition is going to be hard at first. And getting use to the change is hard. Stay focused and don't give up on yourself and new people.

If I could go back and talk to my high school self as a senior I would start off by telling myself to take school more seriously and to study harder. I always made decent grades in high school, but I never studied as hard as I could have for my classes. Knowing now how hard college work is and how much time it takes to study and study well I wish I had learned to study hard while in high school so the transition into college work would be easier.

Jeanne

If I could go back to my senior year, I would have applied to more colleges, worked harder and been more aware of finiancial aid and scholarships.

If I could go back in time and give advice to myself as a high school senior, I would stress the importance of hard work. I always knew that hard work was essential, but I never realized just how crucial it is to be successful in school. In college, it is extremely easy to fail a class. So many things can go wrong. If you miss too many classes, forget to check your syllabus, or even screw up just one test you could ruin your chances of making a good grade. To make adequate grades, you must be very organized, keep up with assignments, and you should probably use a planner. I've found that planning my days out the night before have really helped me. Don't be afraid to ask the instructor fot help or extra credit either! Even if they can't give you extra credit, at least they now you're making an effort. That's what matters the most in college overall: effort.

I would firstly tell myself to stop being so stressed! People who didn't like you or spoke poorly about you have no effect on you later in life, even just a year after graduation. I wasted so much time trying to impress people that really don't matter anymore, and I now regret that. The saying "you meet your real friends" in college really is true. The friendships I have made so far are much stronger and healthier than those I made in high school. I would also try to stop myself from catching the notorious "senioritis". Its terrible, and it tries to carry over to college! After doing my fair share of "slacking off" once I was accepted to Radford, it was incredibly difficult to get back in the habit of spending hours of my time studying and doing homework each and every night. I wish I hadn't been a lazy senior last year!

To have looked into how much college would actual cost, I knew it would be a good chunck of cash; I just never knew the real numbers. Try to connect with the college I am interested in sooner, rather than later. Then to be more pasionate in looking at scholarships and looking at jobs before school has ended. To try my hardest because I am the only person that could get me from point A to point B.

Do more research on colleges, Study more. Don't take too many classes at once when you start college. Don't set your heart one one college. Apply for as many scholarships as you can. Don't do loans, Make sure you have all your texts and stuff. Don't be late to your classes. Make sure you talk to all of your teachers.

Carrie

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself as a high school senior to never give up. Growing up and moving away to college is a huge adjustment and a frightening experience, but you are not alone. By attending classes, participating in activities on campus, and getting involved makes it easier to adjust to the transition. The friendships, memories, and knowledge gained will last a lifetime. Don't be influenced by the peer pressure to party because it is possible to have a fun time without drugs or alcohol. College life does have its ups and down; however, through hard work and determination you can overcome any obstacle that you may face. For example, there will be late nights, long hours spent at the library, and many assignments. Don't stress too much and try to take each week one day at a time. Be responsible and stay organized because it pays off in the end. Good luck, keep pursuing your dreams, and never give up!

timothy

The advice I would give myself is take life serious and try to be open to change and to take one moment at a time and allow myself to be a friend, and a good son to my parents. I would also want to let myself know that life ist always going to be fun, so take the bitter with the sweet, and always know that life is not only about my wants and needs, but the needs of others should always come first, and by telling myself these things life would be so much more better.

Alyson

I would tell myself that while making friends is important--choose the right ones. Do not get lost in the shuffle and it is okay to put yourself first. Do not skip classes and do your work ahead of time. Ask questions and use the facilities on campus. College affects you for the rest of your life and it is okay to mess up because you will learn from those mistakes. Foster relationships with the people that want you to succeed and stay away from the people that are dragging you down. Remember that those "friends" that you made will most likely drift away after you graduate anyway. Be positive and make yourself proud.

One thing I would tell myself as a high school senior preparing for college would be to purposefully learn how to learn. By this I mean that I would want to view every opportunity (whether an assignment, project, lecture time, etc.) as preparation for something in the future, instead of viewing them as a checklist to be finished quickly so that I could have more free time. By learning how to learn, I would have the mindset to see them as excellent opportunities to build discipline, good study habits, and understanding for not only college but for the rest of my career and life. This leads me to a second thing I would tell myself, which would be to learn how to manage time. In college we experience a lot of freedom as we are no longer in high school, but we with this comes responsibility. It takes extra effort to learn how to balance time and make a good schedule to abide by. Furthermore, managing time requires knowing what my priorities are and how much time ought to be dedicated to them. Learning how to manage time is another lesson that would benefit me throughout all of life.

Pamela

I would tell myself to stay at home with the parents and go to a local college. Self, here are three good reasons why, expense, stress and motivation. Firstly, living at home with the parents and going to a local college will allow more money to be used for extra curricular activities and be able to travel during the summer. Secondly, the stress of juggling a job along with a full course load would causes weight gain and poor stamina( look at me). Thirdly, the disappointments that occurr when you do not make the deans list along with not meeting your GPA which in turn place you on probation where you cannot recieve financial aid (stressor).Let's not mention the irrational decisions that are made with future consequences. I have realize that if I had only stayed at home under the parents roof I would be more financially sound after college graduation ( debt free), be more of a mature responsible young adult having a better understanding of what you want out of life. This would be my advice to myself if I could go back and talk to myself.

This question has so many possibilities. If I could speak to my "high school self", I would be able to give myself the keys to success. I could be the perfect role model to myself and could essentially divulge all of the ways to avoid "future" failures. Not necessarily every failure, because I believe that not always succeeding makes a person stronger, and gives them a level head. However, I'd advise myself to avoid certain "relationships", encourage myself to get involved on campus early, and to discern a person's character when picking a good roommate. I would tell myself to not take things too seriously, don't take on more than I can handle, to work hard academically but also remember to have fun. Most importantly I would tell myself to never let anyone make me feel de-valued, to keep my head up, and to never forget who I am and what I believe in.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior and talk to myself I would tell myself to prepare early. I would tell myself to begin studying for the ACT in my Sophmore year so that I would feel more comfortable with it and take it at least three or four times. I would tell myself that I should begin looking for scolarships early on. I would also tell myself to continue to be dedicated to my studies and work hard but to also enjoy the time left I had in High School because it is an exciting time and it passes quickly.

I would tell myself to forget the parties, forget what you have heard, be yourself dont try to change. The one and only thing you need to focus on is school. When i told my family and friends i was going to Radford all i heard where these stories of parties and how much fun it is so when i came i assumed thats what my life needed to be but i was wrong. I spent so much time trying to change and be that kind of person i forgot about my academics. I would advice myself to just focus on school because im not here to party i have my whole life to do that, but these four short years are for education and they will set the tone for the rest of my life. I would tell my self to succeed here and play later.

Sujin

I wish that I could have been more social with my friends. I would tell myself that there is more to do and explore, rather than studying and looking into the books. There is a whole lot of things to learn and do on your own, but there are guidance on the way. Not everyone actually follows after their "dream career/job" path, you may change it few times after spending time studying at college. There are lot of supports and guidances on campus that are available to help you guide on the path of what you want to do with your life. This is the point where you "grow-up" and learn about the world and the society, Especially with learning about independence, financials, and life.

Robyn

I would tell myself as a high school senior to work harder towards figuring out what I wanted to peruse for the rest of my life. Now that I know I would like to be an Art Education major I would apply to as many scholarships as possible to reach my goal of attending Radford University. As a senior not knowing anything about college, it would be important to tell myself that I am now eighteen and an independent person who needs to make intelligent decisions about my life and how I want to live it. Another important topic I would bring up is that going to college is going to be a challenge, it is going to be hard being by myself in a new environment and it takes time to adjust. Branching out to people is one of the most important things to do because everyone is in the same boat and you should not be afraid to make new friends and new memories. Overall, I am still learning new things everyday about my school as well as myself while enjoying each and every moment.

austin

There have been many times when I have wanted to go back in time and tell myself about what is ahead. I personally would not tell myself anything. I wouldn't even want to go back in time. If I were to go back in time and tell myself about college and warn myself about what is ahead, I would not be the same person I am today. If I had told myself to not go out and party because I was going to get arrested I wouldn't be a walking christian and one of the few students that don't go out and party anymore. If I had no choice about going back in time, and I had to, I would warn myself about the temptations about college. I would tell myself to not procrastinate. I would also tell myself to watch what I do, and not give into temptation. College is where they say "experience everything", since you can say, "well I did it in college." When you do something shouldn't matter. You just need to know that what ever you do, its going to stay with you for the rest of your life.

Nora

This is very common but I kindof wish I would have done better. Speaking on grades, attendence, and not taking my times on things. That meaning I wish I would have done scholorships when I was in high school instead of going out and just thinking about happiness in the moment and not about my my life in the long run. Something else is just do not apply and go to the first one you get accepted to go love at the college, see your varieties, and there will be that one you will fall in love with. Set better goals. Also last but not least, be smart with your money don't spend your money on the latest fashion, if you an option of buying and not because it isn't a need do not buy it. Nothings free and as much money you can say up in high school do so, because your going to see there's times where even trying to have a nice social life you go out with friends and spend money. It's a big transition and I learned alot and going back in time was actually the biggest wish this first semester.

Adrian

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself to not stress so much! Don't worry about whether you will make it through college and how scary or different the atmosphere will be. You WILL make it, I know you can. And college is a blast! You will meet tons of new friends, and get a great education in your passion (Criminal Justice). Just make sure to keep up your hard work ethic, don't give up, study hard, and be the best student you can.

I would tell myself that college is definitely not cheap and that I should try to apply for as many scholarships as possible in order to help pay for my college tuition. Making the mistake of not doing this was a very bad decision and college is extremely expensive. I would also tell myself that college is not easy and that studying is a must and it is very important to study in order to pass all our your classes. Thinking that you can just breeze by the classes by just attending and paying attention and taking notes will get you an "A" then you are wrong. Also that college is only for a short period of time in your life so enjoy it and work as hard as you can to make the best grades as you can to become successful in life.

Heidi

If I could go back in time and talk to myself about college I would tell myself to stop thinking about what's impossible and start thinking about what is possible. I would tell myself that college is possible. It is not out of reach for me and it is something I could achieve with hard work. I would tell myself to meet with a college counselor to help open the door in searching for the right career. I would tell myself that I am capable for this achievement and I can become successful. I would also tell myself to apply for scholarships and seek financial help instead of closing the door to thinking it was possible and something I could afford. I would tell myself to seek different avenues available and explore the many different colleges to find the college that fits my career choice and finances. Lastly, I would tell myself that an education is something that no one can take from you. It is something you will benefit from for the rest of your life.

I would encourage myself to spend more time thinking about what I truely wanted to become, what goals I had for my life, and what I was going to do to acheive those goals. I think that while I did know the sacrifice and dedication it took to attend college and succeed, mostly because my mom was a full time student also working full time, I didn't think I could succeed. I would reassure myself that it's so much easier to live on campus and put all my time and effort into bettering me and laying the foundation for a lifetime career. While I am proud to be a single mother working, attending college, and raising my daughter I know this would have been alot easier when I was younger. I would encourage myself to take the basic courses and research all the available majors until I found what was perfect for me. And lastly, I would remind myself that it's never to early or too late to change my path and become the individual I was meant to be.

"Heather, I know you think you're ready to get out of this small town with nothing to do, but slow down, enjoy the people surrounding you. Enjoy you're last year of high school because you're never going to get to do it again. You think you're not going to miss you're family since you're only an hour away? Well think again. It's going to be a big change when you go off to college and no longer have the luxury of walking down the hall to cry about your girl troubles to mom. You're sister's getting married next year, you won't be able to help her plan every second of the day, and you can't see color swatches through the telephone. Mom and Dad are gonna have to dish out a lot of money that they can't quite afford with you starting college and your sister getting married, so save your money. And just one last thing... you're friends are going to be there for you, no matter how many miles away they may be."

One of my most favorite pieces of literature is science fiction; which includes time travel. If I were to time travel and go back to 2009 when I was a high school senior there are many subjects I would want to tell myself, however nothing like wanting to tackle the subject of peer pressure in college. Through my first semester at Harper College I was approached nearly four times every month by my fellow classmates to go out and drink. Having lost both my parents to drugs and alcohol abuse, I knew I would never touch either or those. However, the word ‘never’ is harder to say than ever. I went to a party where there was alcohol being served. I too became intoxicated, yet in my heart I knew it was wrong. I called my guardian and asked to be picked up. I felt so mad at myself for doing exactly what my parents did that killed them. If I could go back and advise myself anything, I would tell myself to believe in what you know is right. Face-to-face with my future self, I can see myself saying, “Katie, believe in what is right and wrong.”

Sylvia

In my senior year in high school, I had a serious case of senioritis like most students did. Instead of focusing on my homework and preparing myself for my future, I was too busy working to make some money that I let it consume me. If I could go back in time and tell myself what to do differently in order to be ready for college I would tell myself that money isn’t everything and that I need to focus on getting my grades to where they need to be for college. My grades weren’t horrific but I knew they could be better. Another advice I would give myself is that I shouldn’t go to college with my mind already made about what I wanted to do, because those plans were going to change dramatically. I should be open to new things. And the most important advice I would give myself is to not be afraid of new surroundings. I always depended on my family and I knew that college was going to change that so I would tell my high school self to be self-sufficient because my mom can be there all the time.

Deborah

College isn't as bad as high school, I know you are tired of school all it seems you do is study without a purpose. You will have a lot of fun and enjoy your classes. You may even like the instructors/teachers, and get more one on one time with your instructor and or get together in groups with other class mates who are also shooting for the same goals as you are. It is relaxing and it is hard work but it is well worth the effort. I know you are one not to fail you will work hard and keep your goal in mind. Dig your heels in and work hard and it is only for two years for a associates but if you feel you want to work even harder then go for the bachelor's degree. You are a fighter Deb you can never be stopped, you have come so far. Some classes are tough but you can get it done. I have faith in you and just like dad says we can work through anything. Be strong!!

Brianna MacPherson

Knowing about college life now, advice I would give myself is to never be afraid to talk to people and be outgoing. Nothing is worse then attending a school where you don't know anyone and then never making any friends because you won't get out of your shell. Being social and outgoing is key to having a good college transition. Leave your dorm room open all the time so people know you are open to talking to them, talk to the people sitting by you in class, and join clubs to find people you have something in common with!

Mariah

It is perfectly acceptable to not know what to do with your life. Success in the real world is not going to come overnight like in highschool. No professors are going to hold your hand to guarantee that your work is being done. going to a community college, living at home, working at a fast food restaurant does not make you a 'failure'. You are taking the more economic route in setting up your future. Even though it may seem like all your friends are progressing in their lives, your time will come. College is a time to set yourself up for the rest of your life and it is up to you to make the most of it. Although your tight group of highschool friends may seem like everything right now, they are not going to be there to push you to meet your goals. The time after highschool is the time for you to grab the reins of your life. Take off the training wheels; no more parents, teachers, coaches telling you how to live. My main advice is though it might not seem it, keep working hard and in the end it will all work out kid.

This reminds me of a Brad Paisley song "Letter to Me" . Looking backwards, I have made two transitions in my college career. I first started attending a community college in my area before transferring to Radford University. Each transition is scary due to new things, new people, and new challenges. You have to put your fear behind you and trudge forward. One can get lost in the shadows due to new things because you are busy watching others. I would tell myself that you have to remember that school does come first as it should but the activities and friends that you make along that educational journey are what help you get through those tough courses. You make friends with people that help you towards your goal not the ones that help you blow off your homework. One key to success that I would tell every high school senior is that asking questions in class or after class does not make you stupid. It makes you the smarter student because more than likely there are several other students that are confused on the same thing. Remember to be yourself, be prepared, and enjoy the ride. It is all great!

The advice I would give myself is to work hard as a high school senior. Drop Advanced Chemistry because that will be what affects your GPA the most. The best option is to take Psychology/Socialogy class. This will benefit you the most in college. You have to take psychology or sociology in college, but if you take it in high school you wont have to take it later on. I would tell myself to work harder on getting my GPA up. Possibly work at my job less and attempt to study more, in fact study period. Practice studying more. This will help immensely in the future. That's the advice I would give myself.

Terrick

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to prepare for a totally different experience. I would focus on time management outside of class because there is an incredible amount of free time in college than high school. I would tell myself to treat the new freedoms as a privilege and not abuse it. I would also tell myself to be very open to different situations that college offers and learn from the opportunities that arise. The reason I would tell myself this is because the lessons you learn in college are similar to the lessons of life and grasping these concepts will make you successful. Another thing I would tell myself is to be organized and always be on time and professional because when you are new to school, your presentation is what you are immediately judged on first whether its writing, apperance, or communication. The most important advice I would give myself is to stay focus and become a leader. The reason for this is because if you are a leader, there is nothing that can stop you from completing the goals that you have for yourself.

Brenna

College has taught me that I'm the only one who is in charge of accomplishing my own goals. I have the support of my family, but ultimately its my choices and my hard work that are going to get me where I want to go. I can create my future, and Radford gives me the resources to do that. WIthout this degree I could not achieve the lifestyle I desire. Going to college and always pushing myself for the best has allowed me to see my dreams, right there within reach.

Other than a higher education ofcouse, I've gotten to meet amazing people I probably would have never met before. I've made friends that offer me more than the latest gossip such as in high school. I have learned many intersting things about the world and people in shorter class periods then in high school. I feel as though college , living and being on campus, has given me a way to grow and become my own person. I'm not living with my parents and I am able to contol my life. I make the dissicusion when to eat, how to study, when to study and that makes me feel a sense of independence. Something I wanted to desperately in High school. Also the added bonus of college is how much fun you can have especially if you can subtract the stress and presure of afforadbilty of college. College is so much fun the people the learning the parties. Its been a life atlering thing. Going to college is valuable to me becuase Its given me a chance to grow as a person through culture, maturity , and independence.

Alitalia

During the past four months I have been in college, I have realized that there is no room for slacking. You definitely have to have your priorities in order, and you have to take responsibility for your own actions. There are many freedoms that come with being a college student, freedoms that cannot be taken advantage of. So far, I have only gotten a slight taste of what the next four years will withhold for me. The courses for my major are set out for me, all I have to do is apply myself to what I am learning.

My first year of college was spent at a different university. It was a boring uneventful year because there was no real campus life and the classes were nothing special. Once I transferred to Radford University, I had a whole new out look on college. The people were friendly and it was really easy to make friends. The dorm and campus life was so different because there was an actual campus, not a campus with a city in the middle. The classes were great because they were small so you could get one on one attention. Another great part of Radford is the professors. If you have a professor one semester, there is a very good chance that they will remember who you are two semesters later. They have a more personal relationship with the student and are always there if a student needs help.

Melinda

I have learned a lot about myself and I have grown up a lot during my first semester of college. I have learned that not everyone in life is going to like you and there is nothing you can do about it, so you just have to trust in yourself and rely on your friends to get you through life. I have also learned that the only person you can really depend on to get you to a brighter future is yourself because people are going to try to knock you down, but you cannnot let them get in the way of your dreams. Lastly, I have learned the value of hardwork and that the harder you work, the brighter future you are going to make for yourself.

Kari

College was extremely valuable to me in my professional life, as well as my personal life. I went to school to become a teacher and I was able to fulfill that dream. While in college, I realized that I did want to become a teacher, but that I was also interested in eventually being a professor. I really admired the work that my professors did while I was studying and I could see myself in their position. When I graduated, I went on to become a teacher for 9 years. I went back to school to receive my Master's degree and am now pursuing my doctorate. It has taken a while, but I am going to become a professor in the next few years. That is definitely due to my college experience. One other thing that I should mention is the fact that I met my husband while we were both in college. We have been married for 8 years and have 2 wonderful children. If I had not attended college, I would be in a very different situation right now and I seriously doubt it would be for the better!

I have an extremely valuable college thus far ranging from the people I have met to the classes I have taken. I am very blessed to have been able to attend college, it is an experience I think everyone should be able to have. My knowledge in the business department has increased tremendously in the past three years I have been here. I have been able to be a part of a social sorority Alpha Sigma Alpha, and Professional business fraternity Alpha Kappa Psi, an honor sorority Rho Lambda, play on the club field hockey team, and maintain over a 3.0. I believe that extracurricular activates have kept me on the right track with my academic success and not get caught up in the partying scene. I take my studies very serious and feel that I have had tremendous help from my classmates and my professors. I have recently decided to double major and minor, I will still be able to graduate in four years with the help of my professors to guide me on the correct path for the next three semesters. Attending this university has done nothing but help me expand my horizons for the future.

You are always told that college is the best time of your life. Well, I haven't lived my entire life yet and have not had the opportunity to look back on life and really know when the best time of my life was. However, I can still say that I know my time here and the experiences I have will be some of the most valuable and important things in my life! Of course college is valuable in the education sense that you get a degree that will hopefully lead you down the path to a successful career, but thats not all that college is about to me. In the short time that I have been here I have met people, had experiences and been involved in things that have changed me and will stay with me for the rest of my life. College is where I will meet some of my best friends, find out what I am passionate about and ultimately really find myself. Thats what college is about and for those reason college will always be a valuable and life changing experience for me.

I have met a large amount of people and made life long friendships. I am also very anxious to go to class everyday, to learn something new. I love working in labs for my science classes and mixing different chemicals together. The professors here are always very helpful and are willing to teach anyone anything they would like to know. I cannot see myself anywhere but Radford University it has been a very valuable experience and I've been here for just one year. I am so thankful for going to such a great University.

francis

As someone who believes that education is one of the most important things that our society can spend its resources on, I love that my college education has allowed me to learn new things and constantly add new personal and technical skills to my skill set. College has taught me not only a valuable career for my future but it was also instrumental in developing my personality as a well rounded adult. As a shy person who did not have many friends in high school my college career taught me valuable lessons in how to interact with others. My college experience also allowed me to take a leadership role on campus and helped me to develop skills which will allow me to lead and manage others in my career field. College is a safe enviroment where people can express themselves and develop skills that they may not have had a chance to develop if they went straight into a job after high school. These are just a few of the reasons that college attendance is valuable . College attendance is different for each person and there are a myraid of possiblites that are possible for each and every person who attends.

Deletra

The greatest thing I gotten was my maturation. I have grown so much due to my surroundings and experience with other people at my school. My college experience has given me independence and a self-identity.