Radford University

« See more reviews of Radford University

I wish I had known what I wanted to major in; therefore I could have began my education on the right foot. I also wish I had applied to more scholarships or grants in order to ease my financial strain for the year. Although I am happy with my decision of school and I enjoy my small classes and the challenges of my courses. This is all a learning experience for me, there may be things I would redo if I could, but I am enjoying the lessons I am learning along the way.

I think the thing I wish I had known before I came here was what I really wanted to do. I would really encourage new students to take a good look at the fields that are available and pick something that will not only make them happy, but provide them with a steady job after they graduate. Going into college not knowing what you want to do can be an expensive experiment that may hurt you in the long run.

Radford University has a great balance of social life and academia, if you are part of a sorority or fraternity, it would be very rewarding at this school. 80% of students are currently involved in them and they still have time to do well in school, in facmy time during the week and on the weekends. Also, breaks are misleading, they are actually a time where I catch up on work, not rest.

Before i came to Radford University I wish I would have known the importance of reviewing class notes at the end of every day. Doing this makes it so much easier to retain the information and that way when exam time comes around the information written in my notes wouldn't have seemed so foreign! I also wish I would have known how much it rains here so I could have brought rain boots :).

The one thing I wish I had known before I came to this school is that is would be really cold in the winter. I was expecting snow and wintery mixes, but it stayed freezing the entire winter. I even slipped a few times because of the ice. Sometimes I did not even want to leave bed to go to classes! However, the spring and fall months here are beautiful and it balances out the bad.

I wish I had known the importance of attending a school that offers such a tremendous avenue to persue an education, and to be willing to accept a person that has a past that doesnt look so grand. I like the fact that this school is availiable in my current city, and state.

i wish i would have known how to manage my time better when it comes to studying and maintaining a social life. i also wish that i would have known better study techniques in order to help me concentrate and learn the material for my classes more efficiently.

I wish I had of known about the area surrounding Radford, there is not too much to do in the town, most of the attractions such as the mall, restaurants, and other places to hang out are outside of the town of Radford.

I wished that I had stayed for a weekend down there to get a feel of what the campus was really like. The tour was great, but when I actually moved down there it was a lot different than the tour made it sound.

I wish that I had known my four year plan before I came to school. Time has flown by and I know what I want to do now, but only because I realized that I had two years left and that time was flying by!