Radford University Top Questions

timothy

The best thing about my school is they are willing to help those that really want to make a better life, and provide me with the education in acheiving my goals in Social work, helping others that are stuggleing to find balance in life and to further the needs of those that want a chance to have a better life.

Radford is the only universoty or college in Virginia that is this size, 9,000 students total.

Tessa

Our lingo. We have nicknames for everything. For example dark side and light side, which are the east and west side of campus. The bonnie is the student center. AND our pride. Last year when Osama bin laden was pronounced dead, we rallied as a school the night before exams. We were even on the news. Check it.

Radford is a small school, and I LOVE THAT! It's so easy to meet new friends and unlike big schools like VA Tech down the road, no matter where you walk on campus you see someone that you know. With the school being so small, it makes classes a lot less difficult. I can walk up to a professor after class, ask him/her a question, and the next class they'll ask me how I am and if I understood that day's material... best part is, they'll ask me by name.

Sylvia

The size of the school is what attracted me. I hate classrooms that have 300 hundred students and the teacher gets to know only a handful of them. But at Radford with small class sizes the teachers get to know a lot more of the students on a personal level and makess learning a lot easier and better.

The best thing about my school is the closeness of the students. Most students are in some type of Greek Life whether it be social, academic, etc.. When in an organization like this you are able to meet many people, build life long friendships and networks. I like being able to go to class and actually know my classmates and professors. It is easier to form study groups and participate in group activities.

I love Radford's campus and with my major all of the science professors are extremely helpful. I enjoy meeting all of the new people here, everyone is very friendly. I also enjoy how Radford University has a smaller campus, it is easier to get to class.

I love the size of Radford University. It is big enough to provide many opportunities, yet small enough to provide a gorgeous campus for students. I also love that I can complete my Bachelor's Degree and my Doctoral of Physical Therapy degree at Radford without having to transfer schools. Overall, it is hard to pick a favorite thing about Radford University.

I like the smaller classes sizes and the friendly teaching staff. I feel like this college gives me opportunities to meet with my professors and engage in research with them. The biology program is rigorous and offers probably a better learning experience when compared to our rival Virginia Tech.

the resources, like the library, the teacher resource center and the faculty and staff are amazing

My program. Very engaging.

Maxwell

friendships

Laurann

My school is the school you dreamed of going to after high school. You can always find a familiar and friendly face but have privacy as well. The campus is beatiful and peaceful. It's a perfect mix of learning and socializing!

The professors.

I am a Science major so one of the best things at radford is the access to the surrounding parks and mountain regions that offer great research sites. I have been to Grayson Highlands State Park, Wild Wood Park. Radford University even has its own Conservancy! over one hundred acres.

The best thing about Radford were the people I met while I was attending. Both students and teachers were overall really kind and helpful and I made a lot of friends with both the faculty and students here. I came into school very shy and tended to keep to myself, but by the time I had graduated I was a part of several organizations and had a lot of new friends. It was a really positive experience for me and I'm glad that I decided to let these people into my life.

The best thing about Radford is the small class size and the wonderful mountain location.

I think that the faculty to student ratio is better than many schools because it allows the students to get to know the professors personally.

Small Class size, Beautiful Campus, everything is close together, Don't need a car, Study Abroad

Suzanne

The campus. It is so beautiful and well taken care of.

ashley

The opportunity for extra curricular activities

There are actually two things I love about Radford. The first one is the beautiful campus. There's plenty of trees, a water fountain, and the whole campus remind you that you are out in the country. The second thing is how friendly everyone is. Everyone here is just so happy to be here and so helpful to new freshman and transfer students. It's like we're one big family.

The people here are very helpful, and will never turn you away.