Radford University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Radford University

Daniyah

I believe I am going to love it at Radford and I can’t wait to spend the next four years of my life there. When I visited the campus for the first time it was raining and my tour guide got me a umbrella she was so nice and helpful and really encouraged me to apply to the honors program and I got in. I can’t wait to meet all my new friends

Jorrian

If you’re looking for a place to call home then Radford University is the place for you. Radford gives you the stretch to become who you want and find yourself while attending. The i are accommodating and are very helpful when asking and needed help.

Avery

I feel Radford University is a perfect home for many students. Going to Radford University can be whatever you make it to be, because the school has a perfect balance of being a strong Academic University while giving students plenty of opportunities to have a fun and an enjoyable college experience. While also the staff from top to bottom is full of kind and caring people who are always willing to help any student upon their college journey.

David

I like Radford university. The people are nice and I have lots of friends. I enjoy the small class sizes and the small environment of the school. Professors at Radford are very approachable whether its by email or in-person. If I am having trouble with something in a class, the professor is there to help me understand in any way they can.

April

I loved my time at Radford University. I found forever friends and an amazing college experience. I am using my degree and am going back to Radford this fall to get my Master's degree. The professors are available at all times are are always willing to assist. I have been able to contact multiple people about returning to school at different times and get a call or email back within a few hours. I also still keep in contact with professors from my Undergrad. I am excited to start my Master's. Radford is an amazing university.

cierra

Radford University is a great place to attend school. Class sizes are very small giving students an opportunity for personalized and hands-on learning experience. Teachers here really do care. Each student's name is learned by most professors and are even provided opportunities for internships and research.

Ebony

Radford University has a great diversity and inclusion policy and many students feel welcome attending the school. Radford has there fair share of problems with students involved in underage drinking and inappropriate conduct; however, all incidents are managed with a reliable amount of effectiveness due to the Radford University Police.

Radford University is an excellent campus and presents many opportunities. It allows the students to learn, be involved in political, social, environmental movements, and even work on campus or interact in sports. Within these opportunities you meet people from diverse backgrounds and variety of interests exposing you to new experiences and friendships.

D'Aundre

Radford has a great atmosphere and the people are mostly all down to Earth and great peers to have!

Sydney

As an Alum from May 2014, I had great experience there Virginia Tech is down the street and if you don't feel like driving there the transit bus can take you there. If you love to exercise like me they have some good trails you can use around the campus. When I left they were building a new Gym facility and I have heard from my sorority sisters that the new gym is really nice. Their are some good people to meet on campus and you will have a great time being there. As for academics, I studied Strength & Conditioning and the professors in the department are awesome. Anyone who is taking a Health and Fitness class you will love Dr. Sallee he is amazing and always willing to help his students, I have learned so much from him. He really is a dedicated person and i am inspired by his work and would like to thank him for everything he has done. Honestly, there was one professor who I would be careful and that is Zeakes. I say that because one of her comments towards me in an email between me and her was that I would never get into Physical Therapy school and I was very upset and offended by her comment because she was not willing to help me better myself in my department at all so that is why i can't give this college a 5 star rank at all. Just because she has a Ph.D and she thinks she knows everything it would be nice if you actually sat down with your students and help them out instead of trying to crash a student's dream with a comment like that.

LaNeigh

I think Radford University is a pretty good school. I personally love the scenery and think that most of the staff is very helpful in involved in the students academic track. In being a biology major, I have had many opportunities to join many clubs. As a minority and wanting to be involved with the African American community found on campus, there are many organizations and clubs in which to choose from. For the school to be a predominantly white institution, I feel welcomed as a minority and see the growth in diversity every year. I would personally only recommend students who are looking for a school with a small class ratio and a true change of scenery.

It's a fairly good school. Some people call it a party school, but that isn't everything about it. I don't party and a lot of the people I know don't party. It all depends on what groups you hang around. The worst part is people setting off the fire alarm in the residence halls all the time. The food is fairly good except nothing is open late or on Sunday.

I love the size, the class to professor ratio is nice, to where that it is not overwhelming. They are very well about keeping you up to date on things. But that class registration and parking is absolutely horrible; and in my opinion should be a number one priority.

Angel

An amazing choice for education. There are smaller class sizes so that everyone gets that one on one learning that is needed. Everyone is friendly and there is a great student-teacher relationship. There are many opportunities for students to get involved and do something that they love. Students are able to find their purpose at Radford University.

Mary

good

Ciera

When I first heard about Radford from a alumni visiting my school I just fell in love. I feel really safe here at radford. The teachers, students, and even the workers really care and are nice to everyone. The reason is radford like they told me. The reason I'm here is to learn and to grow. Radford is the place to do that.

Anastasia

Radford University is an overall good selection for a school. I would recommend anyone to at least consider coming here. It does have a rep, but it is up to the individual to let the rep defeat them.

Adiya

This is a great school for academics, there are no distractions because there are no attractions. The campus is the city of this area, the food selection is bad, making it almost forced to stay in and do your work to succeed and graduate. There is a lot more controversy here, but as long as one continues to stay with a group of people everyone will be safe.

Ahmad

Radford is a nice school. Students get along well together. Class hours are reasonable. I would not walk by myself at night time at Radford. People do a lot of crazy stuff at night especially during the weekends. By sides that though the campus is a safe environment for students and parents.

Miranda

I love it here. The school is amazing and all of the facilities are up to date and beautifully built. It can get a little boring at times because of the location of the school, but with a good group of friends it is always fun. Everyone here is really nice and welcoming. Class sizes are small so you feel as if you can openly talk in class and have good discussion. Professors really do all they can to help you succeed.

Ciera

Its home. the reason is radford. I love being here and learning here. If your unsure this is the school to look at. The food is average so is dorms. But they have alot of events for you and others. The have study lounges and rooms. The people are nice here. They are always nice and open

Angela

If you like a small quiet campus with small classes but like to have fun on weekends then Radford university is the place for you!! ... Just be careful on darkside!

Radford is a beautiful campus with plenty of classes to take and try out. Professor's are always willing to help and there are offices on the grounds if a student needs extra help outside of class. There is always construction though which is a downside, but the school plays movies every Thursday to Saturday. There's a good transit set up to go around campus and the adjacent off-campus living and into the next city over to the mall. Going to Radford over all is sometimes very easy and fun and sometimes it's the worst choices but I would not have it any other way.

Ross

Radford University has a lot of opportunities but sometimes they can be hard to find or get people to come. For example, I work in a makerspace (think high-tech workshop: 3D printers, microcontrollers and a sewing machine along with standard wood working tools) that has been added recently, and while those that come in say how great it is, we have run into issues trying to get people to come into the space. As long as you take the initiative, you are sure to find something you are interested in. Try talking to the professors in your department if their is something in particular you are interested in.

Destiny

Radford University is a outgoing and active school. We have some type of activity every week, even if its just a movie night in the bonnie. The food isnt all that great even with the restaurants. The professors are extremely helpful with work. If you need help email them, go to office hours, ir create a study hall.

Annsley

I have enjoyed my time at Radford University. The university is the perfect size that I don't feel lost in a crowd of people and my professors know my name but there are plenty of people I've never met or had a class with. I find the classes to be difficult enough to prepare me for my future career, but easy enough that I feel capable.

I absolutely love it! The small city of Radford really makes me feel at home. And while there may not be much inside of Radford, VA, Blacksburg has a few homey hole-in-the-wall greats. However, for those who prefer something more industrial and corporate, Christiansburg is basically a shopping district -- mall included.

Daniel

Radford University is a great school! The professors are really nice and they want you to succeed. There is always something to do and R- Space always has free activities for students. The campus is nice and small so you don't have to walk across any major roads. Overall I love the school. Everyone I talked to was extremely friendly and helpful. Great food selection and cafeterias. Free transportation (via bus), plenty of activities to take part in around the campus. I loved Radford. I loved everything about it. I loved that it was small not just in general but the classes were small so you really got one on one time with professors. That really helped me to feel like I was important and what I was doing was important.

Sheila

I'm currently enrolled in the online Doctorate of Nursing Practice Program and have been impressed with the faculty from UCSF and Purdue University both were very challenging which made for a rewarding experience. I would highly recommend the program.

Radford is a nice campus with good academics but is known for the party scene. Majority of the professors are nice and usually available. I feel safe on campus but still get a little spooked walking alone when it's dark. Beware of heavy rain on campus, it floods!

brooke

Radford University is a great college. This school has an amazing greek life and social aspect unlike many other schools. Once you have your Radford experience you will not look at other schools the same. The students are welcoming, fun and smart. While the instructors are down to Earth and exciting for your education course at Radford University.

Ayana

Radford University is a somewhat small college. If you prefer smaller class size ratio to professors than your larger college campus, then Radford University is a university that is probably right for you. It is always a good idea however, to take a tour of the campus yourself. This will allow the prospective student and their parents to gain a better idea of the University.

This school is perfect for me. The size of the university meets my needs and the academics are some of the best in the state. I am not impressed with Radford being known as a "party school" because it develops negative opinions about the school overall. However, I choose not to be a part of the party scene, rather I take part in the excellent academic options that the school has to offer. When seeking colleges, I will admit that I was hesitant with my choice but now that I have spent a year at Radford, I would not want to be anywhere else for college!

Maya

I think Radford University is a beautiful and diverse school that offers a great quality education. The schools facilities are great and seem to be well kept. The students, from what I have experienced, are nice and very welcoming. The moment you step on campus you feel at home.

Destiny

I love Radford University, although there are a few things that can (and should) be changed. Things such as commuter parking are a major issue for other commuter students like myself. Having to park across the bridge on a daily bases when you take night classes can be extremely dangerous. There needs to be more/ better parking.

Cassandra

I love it here! I never expected it to feel like home to me until I started attending Radford. I hear all the partying stories and how wild campus life was, but when I started going here I was surprised to see that the college isn't at all what I thought it was gonna be.

David

Overall, Radford is a great school! The classes are relatively small, which helps get on a more personal level with your professors, as well as engage easier with the rest of the class. No matter what your background, this school will allow you to find your niche in life so you can look back and be proud of your decision to attend Radford University.

Dyna

Radford is a lovely university to attend if you have a lot of ambition. All of the opportunities to succeed are available to those who look and strive for the best, but if you are unsure of your path, it is easy to fall into one of partying and drugs.

Henretta

It’s a place that I can most definitely stay focus based on the quiet surroundings and also learn about the different clubs and activities around and make new friends as well. The university is very welcoming and everyone is just one big happy family.

Overall, Radford is a great university with a safe environment. While Radford has a large party scene, not all students are involved. Most professors are kind and accessible. Radford University also has great facilities and events on campus. I love the local stores around campus not to mention the lake just minutes away!

Arjunahlisa

The Radford University is a good school, with a welcoming atmosphere and student engagement school. The teachers are available whenever you need some help/assistance and there is always activities to do for the students in or even around the campus.

Destiny

Radford is an average college, but they do not allow the students to make their own decisions. Also the food could be so much better, because I have went to the dining hall plenty of time and the food was not properly cooked. Another thing that I dislike about Radford is that they are telling students that they are not allowed to move off campus until they have completed four semesters. They came up with the rule because they are in debt , so this is what I think about Radford University.

Devonn

I love Radford. It serves as a platform to showcase all of my skills and abilities while gaining a valuable education. I’ve spent long hours at Young studying and felt safe going back to the residential halls. The professors are willing to be more engaged with the students. The lower class size allows more students become active in the classroom or lab settings. I really like floating the river with friends on the weekends. Radford University allows driven and determined students to make their mark. That’s why my choice is Radford.

Melissa

It's a beautiful and safe campus but the surrounding area is lacking in activities and locations to go to. The arts side of the school is ignored to the point where the buildings are health hazards while the business building are incredible. But other all I love the school I just wish they paid more attention to the arts.

Morgan

I personally love Radford. I love how it's such a small campus. I love how you can always access your teacher, or someone to receive help. I feel like we are all one big family. Everyone is so friendly. I've been here for two years now, and I can't think of a time when I ran into someone who was rude. Personally when I first came to Radford, I didn't like it because it was such a cultural shock to me, but it just has the type of vibe to the community and campus you can't grow to love.

Lomasi

Radford University is a small campus and most of the people that go here are very friendly. You will definitely make friends in and outside of class. There are so many activities that go on that it is hard to stay board, if you actively go out. If you don't, and just want to stay in, that's not a problem either because there are food places to order delivery from or close enough to walk to. The facilities are amazing and perfect for studying or get together with friends. The staff is usually very helpful and know how to teach well.

Sofia

Love, love, love the contained, pedestrian campus. I hate those humongous over-loaded campuses where everyone's a stranger and it takes forever to get to class. Radford is so friendly, safe, and easy to get around. It's an easy and beautiful walk from any of the dorms to any of the classrooms.

I love Radford in all honesty. The class size is perfect for me ,and I was quickly able to get involved. I am very comfortable in my dorm hall and classes aren’t too far. I’m able to have great conversations with all my professors about my personal academic success. I believe Radford is a great place to go away to for college. I feel Welcome and safe while on campus. The atmosphere is nice and I made many friends just in my first semester . However, the financial assistance isn’t too great when it comes to my university. They do not offer much of any scholarships. That is my only major issue, otherwise I love my school.

Marcia

Best four years of my life! Radford provided everything I dreamed for--smaller campus and class size, personable professors, great students, access to countless organizations. Comfortable community and beautiful region. It opened every door I wished for and it was such FUN along the way. Loved everything about it!

Radford is the perfect school for anyone who is looking for many opportunities and there is always fun activities on campus for students. You will meet people from all across America. Radford is the best choice I made last year. People are so helpful and there are many resources here to help students if they are struggling with their social life or academics.