Mahwah, NJ
Ramapo College of New Jersey

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ramapo College of New Jersey

Fixed  rate loan

Haley

Ramapo is a smaller school, which I enjoy very much. You can walk everywhere on campus through the buildings if you wanted. The campus is beautiful and there is plenty to do. So many clubs and organizations, a beautiful reservation just minutes from campus and we are only about 20 minutes from Palisades mall and Garden State Plaza. The campus is beautiful and the dorms aren't the worst. They could be better but they could be much worse. The food could definitely be better, but what do you expect? Personally, I love the small class sizes and being able to know most of the people in my major is really helpful when it comes to study groups and scheduling classes. It is a very safe campus because the campus police are always around. I am very happy with my decision to go to this school.

Lena

If you want to be at a college you can call home Ramapo is the place for you. It is very small but personally thats my favorite part, you get to know most of the people you are going to college with. The class size is small and professors generally want to help and see you succeed. Ramapo also offers many ways to get involved, I play on the volleyball team, am part of greek life and many other clubs and organizations. I also do not know what to say about the dorms, they are by far the best dorms at college in the entire state of NJ.

Jenny

Absolutely love my campus! There's always a familiar face even if you don't know the persons name. Although there have been some rocky point to the safety of students on campus, I have never felt my own safety was in harms way. A little bit of a suitcase school, I have still managed to find people around whenever I needed company other than my roommates!

Nilda

I love it. Not only do they have a caring and supportive staff, they have a beautiful campus and great food. My nieces went with me to family day and are now graduating this year as well as the youngest becoming the newest Roadrunner of the family. I couldn't be more thrilled. If you want, Ramapo has it. Affordable, beautiful and competitive training in all majors. You can't ask for a better Liberal Arts Public College.

Leah
Ramapo College

Pretty good, great professors, and lots of extracurriculars to choose from, but not a lot happening at night or on the weeken...

Ramapo College

Pretty good, great professors, and lots of extracurriculars to choose from, but not a lot happening at night or on the weekends

Lily
CHOOSE RAMAPO!!!

CHOOSE RAMAPO!!!

It is amazing! Small class sizes, beautiful on campus housing (one dorm has a movie theater!!!), (not really any off campus housing options though), very safe campus with a 24/7 security gate, great professors with tons of time to give to students outside of class, large amount of clubs/organizations, beautiful resources (amazing gym, great library, tons of computer labs - some even 24 hours, etc.). It is located in the scenic Ramapo Mountains area and is just gorgeous and amazing!!!

Brianna
Go Po!

Small and quaint, but I love it here

Go Po!

Small and quaint, but I love it here

kimberly

I would tell myself to take a year off and really think about what I want to study and major in. I changed my major several times during my undergraduate career and feel that I didn't get the most out of the program I graduated from. And always pick a sensible major and a more fun minor to make sure you get that balance of fun and work in your schedule.

It is a big commuter school and a lot of students live in neighboring towns so the weekends could be very quiet. The president keeps enforcing new rules upon the students because one or two students step too far out of line.

The parking is horrible, especially in the winter when half the parking lots are covered in snow mounds.

Sara

As much as I love Ramapo College, it took me about two years to discover it; I attended two other schools first, and was unhappy at one and even more so at the other. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I think I would suggest that I attend community college first. Although I didn't "waste" those two years, they really burned a hole in my pocket and negatively impacted my mental and emotional health. My high school not only put a lot of emphasis on attending a four-year school, but also, in effect, gave off the impression that attending a two-year school was something to be frowned upon. I would tell myself to ignore that impression and use those first two years to save my money while taking general education classes that could be easily transferred to just about any four-year school. Freshman year of college is overrated in many respects, and the experiences I was told I would have should not have been the basis for my decision. I'm happy now, but again, only after two years of unnecessary financial, mental, and emotional struggles.

It's located in a beautiful area and is within walking distance of the Ramapo Valley County Reservation while also providing students with easy access to New York City. I think this is one of the best things about my school because it allows for the dual experiences of exploring rural and urban settings, both of which are enjoyable in their own rights - even necessary.

I love the academic opportunities that Ramapo provides. The professors are top-notch but the typical class size is small, so I've become friendly with many of my teachers. There are also quite a few ways to obtain scholarships, internships, and important connections in general.

Joseph

Ramapo College is a friendly, encouraging school where professors are easy to approach and students work hard to pursue their goals.

Dear Joe, I know you’re looking at colleges right now and trying to make one of the most important decisions of your entire life. I just finished my freshman year at Ramapo College and encourage you to follow some of my advice. Here’s one helpful tip for starting your college career – make sure you realize that college isn’t thirteenth grade and up – it’s a lot more work than you would expect. From what I’ve heard at Ramapo, professors expect you to study at least 2 to 3 hours per ninety-minute class period. That’s more than I was used to at first, but I adjusted to it fairly well. Another helpful tip is to join as many clubs and activities as you possibly can, because involvement outside the classroom goes a long way in that you not only find new opportunities to socialize and make new friends, but this also looks good on your resume if you have a leadership role. My final tip for you here is simple: do not lose sight of who you are, and you will clearly go far in college and beyond. With warmest regards, Yourself

The best thing about Ramapo College of New Jersey is the overall friendliness of the school's professors and their accessibility to students.

Ramapo College of New Jersey administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.