Mahwah, NJ
Ramapo College of New Jersey

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ramapo College of New Jersey

Fixed  rate loan

Amber

My college experience has taught me that college is so different from high school. It has taught me how to be responsible and that I have to have discipline because I have the choice to go to last everyday or not to. There won't be anybody to baby me along the way and it teaches what being an adult partly about. My colllege experience has been valuable because there are so many people who don't get the chance to attend college. They either just don't have the means or they didn't have anyone to push them to want to get a higher eduction. College is so valuable for my future so I know that I have to take every class seriously and not slack. Also, at the college I attend, I have so many people that I know personally that are there to help me. So, I have no reason to fail and I definitely don't have an excuse on why I couldn't get something done, whether it be class related or something else. The college I attend is really great, too, because of the smaller class sizes, which make me more comfortable.

Laura

It's best known for it's dorms. They are all absolutely beautiful. The room is huge and you have a bathroom in your room that you share with your roomates/suitemates. The college gives you a fridge and microwave which is an added bonus. There is wifi in the room. Plenty of desk space and tons of closet space. The views are phenomenal. After freshman year the dorms only get better which is an added plus.

Out of my college experience I have learned to embrace challenge. Many times, students the transition to college a difficult experience as I did when I first got to college. I soon learned that I would not meet new people or learn anything if I did not work for it. Sometimes it is difficult to be the person to say the first word, but that can make all the difference as I met my best friend in the laundry room at my school. Many students end up having to drop out because they go out to parties too much and some find themselves isolated because they don't go out enough. It is a challenge to balance both academics and social life but if I put a lot of effort into both it never becomes overwhelming. With change comes challenge. I have learned a lot about what I am capable of. I challenge those who are afraid to come out of their comfort zone by taking the first step and embracing what comes with it. Whether the result is good or bad, I can learn a lesson from it and continue to challenge myself to make it better next time.

The worst thing is that most of the students go home on the weekends. Every student is allowed to have a car so many people do bring their car. I believe that for the 2011/2012 school year they are not allowing freshmen to bring their car which will help to keep the students on campus. Not everybody goes home so there are still things to do with your friends.

Arunee

Back in highschool, as a seventeen year old single mother, and recovering addict, graduating highschool seemed like an unattainable goal for myself. With enough motivation and inspiration from teachers and counselors I was able to graduate highschool on time with hopes of also attending college. Two weeks after I had graduated from highschool, I began to attend summer term, 12 credit hour classes at Mt. Hood Community College. I was able to keep a 4.0 GPA with my first term, but was not able to be as successful the following term. Since having started at MHCC I have found myself more open-minded and passionate in learning about everything and anything. I feel like optimism as well as a willingness to learn is key to success in making the world a better place. Im glad I decided to start out at a community college because I am able to meet a diverse group of people in age and ethnicity, and through these people were able to gain knowledge, wisdom, but also share their experiences of why they had decided to attend college. Attending college has so far been one of the best life changing choices I have ever made.

Rachael

It's a school with frustrating bureaucratic issues, an out of touch administration, and public safety that's more focused on busting kids for petty infrations than actually protecting them - however, it's a place that allows personal growth and the opportunity to really discover your passions, beliefs, desires, the person you are versus the person you strive to be, and your own concept of happiness.

Currently RCNJ is know for its competative business and nursing programs, but it's also known for it's absolutely exquisite surrounding reservations, national parks, and gorgeous hidden climbing crags!

I have gained a truly expanded sense of self. Ramapo has spectacular literature professors who truly challenge you to attack, dissect, digest, and love literature, and the historical and psychological factors that compose the complex beast that is the human psyche. Through in class and real-life experiences, I have learned how to embrace simplicity, find the beauty in humans, let go of grudges, and how to breathe without burden. I have learned the cultural wealth and beauty of the city, and the absolute freedom found in the untainted depths of forests, where there is only the quiet hum of nature and my active mind. Ramapo has provided me with something I will value far more than any degree. Ramapo has given me the amazing opportunity to learn what it means to have compassionate, loving relationships. It has taught me how to find passion and inspiration in the smallest things. It has taught me how to do something I believed unachievable: here, I learned how to love myself, all of my beauty and all of my flaws. Without that, no degree could make me a happy, thriving person. That is the most valuable gift I could ever receive.

My college experience has been a constant progression towards greatness. I have encounterd wonderful friends and professors who have enlightened me with their expertise. It has given me the opportunity to achieve my life goals that stand before me.

Every "kind" of person should attend Ramapo College. Especially a person who has dreams and aspirations of one day being successful and happy. Ramapo College has a program or activity for everyone whether it be a club or sport!

I have not experienced any frustrating factors, the campus is beautiful, convenient and everyone is very polite. Perhaps the most frustrating part of any college is being a young amitious student going to school full time as well as working, yet not being able to pay tuition on time.

Kelly

My school is best known for being well-rounded. Being a smaller, up and coming school, the majority of students here are involved in activities which only benefit our academia. Also, being so close to New York City, a lot of our students have internships in the city.

I have become very involved on campus, participating in greeklife as a sister of Theta Phi Alpha, being an athlete playing field hockey, becoming inducted on the Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, and being named editor-in-chief of the school's yearbook. Everyday, I think of my father as I begin my busy days who said, "you would rather be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big pond." Being a student on a smaller campus is valuable because it gives students more opportunity to get involved therefore exploiting collegiate opportunity and fulfilling our potential to its fullest.

I would consider the budget cuts the worst thing that Ramapo College is dealing with at the moment. Education is the key to the future.

Kaitlyn

In the past two years, the only thing I have gotten out of my college experience is and introduction to my future career and some knowledge throught the academics. I was hoping to have gotten a lot more out of the experience especially for attending Ramapo College of New Jersey for two full years and living on campus. I would not reccomend anyone who wants a true college experience to go here. As a nursing major, I will not be able to take full advantage of "college life" for the last two years because of the rigorous academic program. I guess I just learned the hard way and can only pass my knowledge down to those applying to colleges.

Tha academic programs and the classes are presented in a very organized fashion. All majors have a reccomended sequence of study which is easy to understand making sure students can stay on track. This does not mean though, that there is enough spots in these required classes.

Beth

My classmates are very friendly. Many of them are commuters and easy to relate to. People are smart and able to interact with each other. My fellow classmates seem not as stressed out as the kids who go crazy at college with course work. The people aren't drugged up either. They seem as normal as a person can be for being at school.

Ramapo is affordable and offers a wide range of classes with professors that are well educated. The classes are a duable size so that the teacher can intereact with each student. It isn't a big campus where a person would get lost easily and it is very welcoming and pleasing to the eye. It is in a good area, not in the middle of the city and not far away from any type of civilization.

Whatever you do, do not slack off your senior year of high school! Doing that only makes getting back into a good work habit that much harder freshman year of college. Also, do not get caught up in the price of a school. There is always financial aid and different scholarships you can apply for that can let you achieve your dreams. Listen to your parents and guidence counselor when it comes to anything with college. They know more about it than you because they went through it before. Also, try and visit every college you are interested in and really seek out infromation on each college. College is the best time of your life, you want to be at a place where you will be able to enjoy yourself but also achieve your degree.

Caitlin

Ramapo College is a phenominal school because of their high emphasis on quality of education.

My classmates provide a challenging atmosphere that encourage me to voice my opinion.

College life can be a stifling and intimidating experience for some students. If I could go back to senior year, I would have made a few changes to increase my preparedness for Ramapo. I would have gone to a college program that let students spend a few nights on campus so homesickness wouldn't be so severe on move-in day. The program would've helped me feel more secure because I would be used to living on campus prior to move-in. The feeling of security is important when on campus, and because I did not spend a few nights on campus before the start of the semester, I felt homesick for the first week and a half. That was wasted time that I could have spent making friends or joining clubs, a very important thing to do as a college Freshman. I have settled in quite nicely in the rural area of Mahwah. I made up for lost time and became the Secretary of a Technology club while pulling a 4.0 average. However, I feel like I did the best I could for a Freshman student entering an unknown place with a sea of unknown faces.

A small, relaxed school surrounded by beautiful mountains and trees with many wonderful professors.

I would tell myself to be strong and independent. That making friends is easy once you find the right people. That you are here to study and become the person you want to be. Since I was in a very bad car accident three months before going to school, some days I was in so much pain I could barely walk. I would tell myself to take care of my body and use Ramapo's resources to heal quicker. I would take better care of my body and mind. I would tell myself to join more clubs and make sure I become an active member in my community to help benefit the lives of others more often and to have a meaningful college experience. College is sometimes portrayed as one big party, but the richest, most valuable lessons are the ones that you take from the classroom and from helping others.

I wish I knew how to get more involved in campus activities. Also, I wish I had made more friends in clubs and other Ramapo-affiliated events. I would also tell myself that you must take risks and study hard. Making friends may be difficult, but in the end you find out the meaning of great friends. Talk to professors too and discuss the future and your life and any other intellectual aspect while you are here. Also, make use of the gym and other fabulous facilities to stay healthy!

Ramapo College of New Jersey administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.