Mahwah, NJ
Ramapo College of New Jersey

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ramapo College of New Jersey

Fixed  rate loan

Alyssa

Don't hesitate to socialize but manage your time so that you get your work gets done in a timely manner so you don't have to rush last minute. Get started on papers when the assignment is given and don't be afraid to ask the proffessor to clarify what he/she wants. My biggest word of advice would be use the library. The dorm room can be too distracting to get work done in. This may sound uptight but make a plan as to how you will manage work and fun. it will help things go much more smoothly.

I wish I had known how hard it would be to manage my time well at school.

Our dorms are amazing compared to other schools.

Marissa

Ramapo is a school where everyone is free to be themselves and it strives on the success of it students.

I would tell myself that there is no reason to be anxious about the transition; everyone go and gets through it. I would advise myself to work on study habits and time management because it is imperative to have a balanced life in college.

A person not wiling to study, try their hardest, and succeed in life should not attend this school. If someone does not wish to be in college then they should not take an opening away from someone who really wants and needs it.

Jacob

Back when I graduated High School I was really afraid to try and go to college but now my younger sister is going and it looks like fun so I've decided to give it a try and I would tell myself not to be afraid and that college is an adventure worth taking. I would also say not to worry about tuition because there are lots of Scholarship and Grant opportunities out there to help me pay for everything, this scholarship for example would really help me with college because I don't really have any money to pay for it out of pocket so I hope you'll give me your full consideration.

Becky

I would likely tell myself to get a part-time job. Money is very necessary for a college education and it is a good idea to get a head start. I would suggest that I at least start putting in applications for various jobs and to start saving. In addition to that, I would tell myself to start visiting more colleges, that way I'd be able to see more options. Also, I would tell myself to start looking at majors. To begin looking at the exact difference between a major in electrical engineering and computer engineering, that way I'd be able to make a more informed decision when deciding which classes to take. This would also help because then I would know whether or not I want a degree in engineering or just a mathematics degree. I would also tell myself to be more outgoing and get to know more people.

I believe that it is harder to make friends, mostly because it is a community college and most of the people there are only there to get their degree and get out. They are not there not the whole college expierience. I would enjoy making friends, if given the opportunity. This does not mean that you cannot make friends, it just makes it harder at some times.

For the most part, it's fine, however it's frustrating that it takes 20 mintues to a half an hour to get there. Before I was homeschooled to my school was quite convienient.

Quasha

My school is very diverse and involved in many causes and is always open to change.

My classmates are very friendly, always looking to help one another out and always pushing eachother toward success.

If i could go back to my senior year knowing what I know right now, I would advise myself to do the same as I did before; go in open minded and don't be afraid of change. I feel as though I prepared myself well enough and that is why I am where I am today. I came into Ramapo very open minded, seeking change and getting involved in all I could. So when asked if I would change anything, my answer is simply nothing at all because I like where I am and where I'm headed.

I would tell myself to seriously think about my life goals. Rather than automatically major in English, I should explore my options more. Maybe I would have discovered my passion for the environment earlier on, had I actually done that. I'd tell myself to stop blindly believing that I will automatically become a novelist someday. It's not an easy field to get into and you don't necessarily need to go to college for it, if you already know how to write. I would tell myself that it really is no big deal going to community college. There is no shame in it. All sorts of people go and it's a great way to save money and find out what you really want to do with your life. I'd tell myself not to lose touch with those friends that are closest to you. They know you better than anyone else and you need each other, even if you don't know it yet. Finally, I'd tell myself congratulations on never having a drink in high school. It made it easy to focus on academics rather than on partying in college.

If you really don't like the cold then you shouldn't attend this school. If you are looking for a bigger campus to get lost in, then you slso shouldn't attend. The school is small and the class sizes are small as well. The teachers do get to know you on a one on one basis. So if you are shy, then this isn't for you either.

It costs a lot less than other colleges so that is something to brag about. I also like the small class size. The dorms are very nice as well .

Jena

Ramapo college is a pretty campus but is not exactly the place you think about when you think "college" .

If I were to go back and give myself advice, the first thing I would say is to really start thinking about what you want to do. College isn't like highschool. If you don't know exactly what it is you want to strive for, you can get stuck taking extra classes or wasting money. I would also tell myself to relax. The admission process is a super stressful time, but it all seems to work out in the end. Know what you want to do, love yourself and take it one day at a time.

Because of the small class sizes, it is sometimes hard to get into the classes you want. Living on campus, the weekends are dead and it is impossible to get any sort of food at either 1pm or 5pm .

Alison

My classmate are all welcoming and accepting.

My classmate are all welcoming and accepting.

I would tell myself not to transfer. I would have wanted to go to Ramapo for all the four years and live on campus all four years.

Someone who wants a smaller school with smaller classes and is very open minded

Ramapo College of New Jersey administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.