Ramapo College of New Jersey Top Questions

Cheyenne

It is a very small school, allowing for attention from teachers and the ability to form relationships with others. It also has 4 credit courses that require 5 hours of out of class experience involving each class. This helps to force students to go outside the classroom. They also require internships. By the time we leave here we will all have actual experience and knowledge that you cannot get just from the classroom.

Jonathan

The Course Enrichment Component (CEC) consists of a minimum of five hours of unmonitored experience outside the classroom that enhances the student learning that takes place within the classroom. These experiences, which expand student learning, could include visits to museums, guest lectures, library programs, colloquia, assigned TVshows, movies, participation in class projects, service learning, convocations, trips to professional meetings, and among others. It blends classroom theory with real world application and practice.

Beth

Ramapo is affordable and offers a wide range of classes with professors that are well educated. The classes are a duable size so that the teacher can intereact with each student. It isn't a big campus where a person would get lost easily and it is very welcoming and pleasing to the eye. It is in a good area, not in the middle of the city and not far away from any type of civilization.

Ilana

Beautiful campus that is open to a lot of people

Peter

The environment is unique due to the location of the actual campus. There are mountains all around it, but Route 17 is full of stores, restaurants, and anything else you could need while living at Ramapo. Anyone can have a car on campus, including freshman, so finding a ride to 17, which is two minutes down the road, is very easy, and always fun.

Natalia

The beginning of my sophomore year, I transferred to Ramapo College of New Jersey from Saint Peter's College. Compared to Saint Peter's College, Ramapo College is a relief, environmentally and financially. Growing up in an urban neighborhood, I realized that I did not want to attend a college in an urban environment. I wanted to experience college in a different atmosphere. Also, Saint Peter's College has a very costly tuition, that I was not able to afford since I was not receiving any financial help during my sophomore. Ramapo College is half of Saint Peter's tuition.

The scenery and general atmosphere was unique to Ramapo. It's very quiet and the tree lined mountains gave the campus a very cozy feel. The other colleges I went to were either urban or didn't exactly have the same feel as Ramapo.

Gregory

Really small classes, almost always less than 20 in my concentration.

Jelene

Desipite the lack of racial diversity and business-oriented atmosphere, there is a feeling of a small community that everyone does care about one another and get along with one another when it is necessary.

Charraye

Ramapo was really the only college I considered. I applied to Montclair as well, but they lost my SAT scores twice so I felt that they were too disorganized and that I should not attend school there. Ramapo seemed to be a good choice because it is close to home, affordable, and has good credibility.

Ramapo College of New Jersey is a smaller school, but that doesn't mean there's less to see, do, or learn. There are so many activities, shows, and concerts to attend that there's never a dull moment and the on-campus groups such as your class's Student Government organize even more great events. Additionally, because the classes at Ramapo are so small each student can receive personal attention when necessary to make sure we all succeed to the best of our abilities.