Ramapo College of New Jersey Top Questions

kimberly

I would tell myself to take a year off and really think about what I want to study and major in. I changed my major several times during my undergraduate career and feel that I didn't get the most out of the program I graduated from. And always pick a sensible major and a more fun minor to make sure you get that balance of fun and work in your schedule.

Sara

As much as I love Ramapo College, it took me about two years to discover it; I attended two other schools first, and was unhappy at one and even more so at the other. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I think I would suggest that I attend community college first. Although I didn't "waste" those two years, they really burned a hole in my pocket and negatively impacted my mental and emotional health. My high school not only put a lot of emphasis on attending a four-year school, but also, in effect, gave off the impression that attending a two-year school was something to be frowned upon. I would tell myself to ignore that impression and use those first two years to save my money while taking general education classes that could be easily transferred to just about any four-year school. Freshman year of college is overrated in many respects, and the experiences I was told I would have should not have been the basis for my decision. I'm happy now, but again, only after two years of unnecessary financial, mental, and emotional struggles.

Joseph

Dear Joe, I know you’re looking at colleges right now and trying to make one of the most important decisions of your entire life. I just finished my freshman year at Ramapo College and encourage you to follow some of my advice. Here’s one helpful tip for starting your college career – make sure you realize that college isn’t thirteenth grade and up – it’s a lot more work than you would expect. From what I’ve heard at Ramapo, professors expect you to study at least 2 to 3 hours per ninety-minute class period. That’s more than I was used to at first, but I adjusted to it fairly well. Another helpful tip is to join as many clubs and activities as you possibly can, because involvement outside the classroom goes a long way in that you not only find new opportunities to socialize and make new friends, but this also looks good on your resume if you have a leadership role. My final tip for you here is simple: do not lose sight of who you are, and you will clearly go far in college and beyond. With warmest regards, Yourself

Iris

The advice I would have given to myself is first off, to have looked more colleges in depth. I am now transferring to a different college because I did not really like the environment of the college that I was attending. Additionally, I would have told myself to apply to more scholarships as a senior. I really struggled financially this year because I had to pay all my college expenses myself and not having that support hit me hard. Make sure to apply to as many scholarships as you can. Be responsible also. I know that college is a big change, and many want to have the whole college experience with partying, making new friends and all of that, but what I noticed that many students did was loose sight of why they came to college in the first place. Do not solely focus on the social aspect of college, you are there for your education, and even if you are that loser that stays in saturday nights studying, it's okay. Don't feel singled out because you're doing what you came there for--to learn. Lastly, college is stressful, so give yourself a break sometimes.

Matthew

I would advise students to be involved. Join two or three clubs and really get to know the people in them. Doiing this will greatly enhance your college experience.

Megan

Assuming I could go back in time, I would give myself allot of advice. First, get involved! Try out new sports, clubs, AP courses and Honor Societies.

Cheyenne

To My Past Self, Do your homework and learn study habits that will actually help. I know you do excellent without this, but learning the skills to succeed will help you when you do graduate. Practice time management better, college will consume your life and you need to know how to handle it. Also, appreciate the lack of responsibility you have now because having to pay for things and work overnights while having class during the day is not fun or easy but you have to do it to get by. Next, don't be scared; find what you love and go for it. Apply for every scholarship possible because then you can try to avoid this massive amount of loan debt. Finally, I know how easy it is to have friends in high school because you see the same people everyday, in college it is not the same. Make an effort to reach out to people you do not see regularly and see if you make any connections with them. I know it sounds scary but you will love it. Learning and growing is truly a beautiful thing. Just make sure you are working hard to get here.

João

There are times when life gives you breaks and allows you to breathe in between growing up and accepting new responsibilities, this is often not one of those times. Nothing you did in high school, including your AP work, will prepare you for the shock brought about by deadlines, extra-curricular work, expenditures and the sheer amount of time you will spend both doing your work and thinking about whether you should do it or not. Absences matter way more, and this time they count against your grade. Some teachers will become pseudo-best friends, others will not look you in the eye, and some will even hurt your feelings. You might cry, and there are days you will. Your roommates will snore loudly, and in the beginning you will feel bad about waking them up, but you’ll stop honoring their rest once it keeps you from yours. “Crap! It’s midnight” will turn into “Oh, it’s only midnight,” and later evolve into “3:00 am? Pshh, I got this.” Your parents will get tough on you, yes, tougher than before, and you’ll wish you had applied to many more scholarships earlier. So please, do them now.

Jonathan

I never took school seriously, but I did enjoy my time. I am not sure if it was ignorance or a lack of preparation, but my academic and social performances were very lackluster. During the spring of my junior year, I experienced an epiphany after overhearing a friend describe some accomplishment. I immediately felt inferior and insecure. I was the same age, was enrolled in similar classes, yet did not experience any sort of success. From that point on, I though long term. My immediate academic actions have long lasting effects. It doesn't matter how long you take, as you as you make an honest effort and not be afraid to ask for help. My story is different and is unique in that I may not have experienced any life challenging obstacles or major adversity; however I represent the group of people that fly under the radar and show we can be something. I would say this to past self, as well as to current students through my work as an admissions recruiter. People have taken me under their “wing” during my time at Raritan Valley community and at Ramapo College and have allowed me to develop my potential.

Charity

The number one piece of advice I would give myself is to start right away; don't wait until you feel trapped by circumstances of life and it takes you years to rediscover yourself. However, if, by chance, you find yourself years down the road and Plan A seems to have been so far away, it's never, ever too late to dream again. Your priorities will change and so will parts of you, but if you have the courage to take the first step, you'll realize that you're capable of doing things you never thought you'd have to do. Keep your head up, a smile on your face, and NEVER stop believing that the best is yet to come. Because, High-School-Me, do you remember that feeling of possibility? Do you remember feeling that life was simply grand and the sky was the limit? Well, you were right.

Philippa

I would advise myself to take advantage of the college social life more in my freshman year. Freshman year is a relatively easy going year and should be taken full advantage of. I should have dedicated more of my time getting out more and meeting new people, rather than sitting in a room on a computer.

If I could go back in time and talk to my highschool self, the most important advice I would give is to trust yourself and continue to push through when things get tough. I wouldn't change the path that brought me to attend Ramapo College of NJ and I would do the exact same things as I did when I was a senior in high school. Transferring to three different colleges in three years was not easy, but it was important to take those chances and follow my dreams. If I did not take that road, I would not have been able to decide on a major or experience everything I have. Overall, I would let my young self know that all the perserverance and dreaming will pay off one day and you must stick with things no matter what.

Dalton

This year of highschool is very important to you and your future. You need to try harder, finish your homework, focus on the markerboard and not the girls around you, and raise your GPA because if you get use to the hard work now it will make your college experience much easier. You will make mistakes, and they will turn out for the best in the end, although I do suggest finishing a full year of college before you put your schooling on hold.Try your hardest becasue the grades will matter, college isn't about sports and girls, it's about making a better life for you and your family-to-be. It took me three years, and a baby girl on the way, to realize that I needed to take a step back and start my college education over. I know it will be hard, but in the end it'll make you happier and inspire your daughter to be the best she can be.

Christopher

If I could go back in time and give my high school self some advice, I would tell myself two things. First, take more AP courses. With only two AP courses, I walked into college with 12 credits, placing me almost a full semester ahead. The second piece of advice that I would give myself would be to venture outside my dorm room more often during the first month of school. I was somewhat shy during the first month and associated primarily with friends who had gone to the same high school. When I finally did start venturing outside of my room more often to do homework in the dorm lounge I made a lot of friends to whom I became very close. I would have greatly enjoyed getting to know them earlier than I did, and thus that would be the primary advice that I would give to myself.

Rebecca

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior I would have told myself to study harder and to use all the tools available to me. I had a very hard time at the start of my college career and I changed majors several times as well. Now that I'm at a new school and I believe I have finalized my major that is the one thing I wish I could have told myself. I also would have said to take things more seriously because if I had I wouldn't have taken a break from school to get myself organized again.

Hailee

The transition from high school to college served as a huge transformation in my academic self. In high school I was the girl who was smart, but did not apply her knowledge in the best possible way. I was very lazy when it came to school work, doing everything at the last minute and only doing what was absolutely required of myself. I graduated with a 3.75 gpa and never got any grade below a B, but always knew I could have done better if I had only applied myself. When I got to college I realized I wanted to do my absolute best, and prove to my high school self that I was capable of greater. As a college sophomore now, I have a cumulative grade point average and have an amazing work ethic. I realize attending class and doing everything possible to learn and maintain a great grade point average is essential. I would tell my high school self to care more and always apply my best when taking a class. School is not only to get good grades, but to obtain knowledge to use outside of the classroom. Knowledge and education are key in life.

Chris

The value of a college education began to benefit me the moment that I opened the little white envelope. I had been accepted into the Ramapo College of New Jersey with a Provost scholarship. I had always been a hard worker, but seeing the words “You’re Accepted!” made all of my hard work and perseverance seem worthwhile. This helped to affirm for me the American Dream; the promise that success comes to those who work for it, as a reality. Once I arrived, I adjusted quickly to the new environment, meeting new people and jumping into my new classes. One of these classes was American Government. In addition to providing me with the necessary social sciences credits for graduation, it gave me a much broader and personal sense of understanding the 2010 midterm elections. It made the nationwide election coverage real to me and helped me to understand how the democratic process truly affects me as an American citizen. I ended the semester with not only a 3.933 grade point average, but with a solidified understanding of both the American Dream and of my role as an American citizen.

Adriana

On August 29th, when I moved into college I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Was I going to love it there? Was I going to love the classes and my roommates? It was complete new territory that brought on so many responsibilities that were completely new for me. As it turned out, some of my roommates are people I will never forget, while some were not what I expected. Being put into this suite with six other girls was going to be a huge challenge for me. Living in my own room at home with only my mother, I had no idea what it was going to be like living with six people, let alone six girls! Throughout the first month there were a few issues with some of the girls, but it was a learning experience. We all learned to get along, or tolerate each other. We learned each other’s strengths and weaknesses. It was something new for us all, so we were all stuck with the new responsibilities. I believe we all grew up and learned things about ourselves. College is a learning experience, which is why I believe is it very valuable.

Amber

My college experience has taught me that college is so different from high school. It has taught me how to be responsible and that I have to have discipline because I have the choice to go to last everyday or not to. There won't be anybody to baby me along the way and it teaches what being an adult partly about. My colllege experience has been valuable because there are so many people who don't get the chance to attend college. They either just don't have the means or they didn't have anyone to push them to want to get a higher eduction. College is so valuable for my future so I know that I have to take every class seriously and not slack. Also, at the college I attend, I have so many people that I know personally that are there to help me. So, I have no reason to fail and I definitely don't have an excuse on why I couldn't get something done, whether it be class related or something else. The college I attend is really great, too, because of the smaller class sizes, which make me more comfortable.

Laura

Out of my college experience I have learned to embrace challenge. Many times, students the transition to college a difficult experience as I did when I first got to college. I soon learned that I would not meet new people or learn anything if I did not work for it. Sometimes it is difficult to be the person to say the first word, but that can make all the difference as I met my best friend in the laundry room at my school. Many students end up having to drop out because they go out to parties too much and some find themselves isolated because they don't go out enough. It is a challenge to balance both academics and social life but if I put a lot of effort into both it never becomes overwhelming. With change comes challenge. I have learned a lot about what I am capable of. I challenge those who are afraid to come out of their comfort zone by taking the first step and embracing what comes with it. Whether the result is good or bad, I can learn a lesson from it and continue to challenge myself to make it better next time.

Arunee

Back in highschool, as a seventeen year old single mother, and recovering addict, graduating highschool seemed like an unattainable goal for myself. With enough motivation and inspiration from teachers and counselors I was able to graduate highschool on time with hopes of also attending college. Two weeks after I had graduated from highschool, I began to attend summer term, 12 credit hour classes at Mt. Hood Community College. I was able to keep a 4.0 GPA with my first term, but was not able to be as successful the following term. Since having started at MHCC I have found myself more open-minded and passionate in learning about everything and anything. I feel like optimism as well as a willingness to learn is key to success in making the world a better place. Im glad I decided to start out at a community college because I am able to meet a diverse group of people in age and ethnicity, and through these people were able to gain knowledge, wisdom, but also share their experiences of why they had decided to attend college. Attending college has so far been one of the best life changing choices I have ever made.

Rachael

I have gained a truly expanded sense of self. Ramapo has spectacular literature professors who truly challenge you to attack, dissect, digest, and love literature, and the historical and psychological factors that compose the complex beast that is the human psyche. Through in class and real-life experiences, I have learned how to embrace simplicity, find the beauty in humans, let go of grudges, and how to breathe without burden. I have learned the cultural wealth and beauty of the city, and the absolute freedom found in the untainted depths of forests, where there is only the quiet hum of nature and my active mind. Ramapo has provided me with something I will value far more than any degree. Ramapo has given me the amazing opportunity to learn what it means to have compassionate, loving relationships. It has taught me how to find passion and inspiration in the smallest things. It has taught me how to do something I believed unachievable: here, I learned how to love myself, all of my beauty and all of my flaws. Without that, no degree could make me a happy, thriving person. That is the most valuable gift I could ever receive.

My college experience has been a constant progression towards greatness. I have encounterd wonderful friends and professors who have enlightened me with their expertise. It has given me the opportunity to achieve my life goals that stand before me.

Kelly

I have become very involved on campus, participating in greeklife as a sister of Theta Phi Alpha, being an athlete playing field hockey, becoming inducted on the Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, and being named editor-in-chief of the school's yearbook. Everyday, I think of my father as I begin my busy days who said, "you would rather be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big pond." Being a student on a smaller campus is valuable because it gives students more opportunity to get involved therefore exploiting collegiate opportunity and fulfilling our potential to its fullest.

Kaitlyn

In the past two years, the only thing I have gotten out of my college experience is and introduction to my future career and some knowledge throught the academics. I was hoping to have gotten a lot more out of the experience especially for attending Ramapo College of New Jersey for two full years and living on campus. I would not reccomend anyone who wants a true college experience to go here. As a nursing major, I will not be able to take full advantage of "college life" for the last two years because of the rigorous academic program. I guess I just learned the hard way and can only pass my knowledge down to those applying to colleges.

Beth

Whatever you do, do not slack off your senior year of high school! Doing that only makes getting back into a good work habit that much harder freshman year of college. Also, do not get caught up in the price of a school. There is always financial aid and different scholarships you can apply for that can let you achieve your dreams. Listen to your parents and guidence counselor when it comes to anything with college. They know more about it than you because they went through it before. Also, try and visit every college you are interested in and really seek out infromation on each college. College is the best time of your life, you want to be at a place where you will be able to enjoy yourself but also achieve your degree.

Caitlin

College life can be a stifling and intimidating experience for some students. If I could go back to senior year, I would have made a few changes to increase my preparedness for Ramapo. I would have gone to a college program that let students spend a few nights on campus so homesickness wouldn't be so severe on move-in day. The program would've helped me feel more secure because I would be used to living on campus prior to move-in. The feeling of security is important when on campus, and because I did not spend a few nights on campus before the start of the semester, I felt homesick for the first week and a half. That was wasted time that I could have spent making friends or joining clubs, a very important thing to do as a college Freshman. I have settled in quite nicely in the rural area of Mahwah. I made up for lost time and became the Secretary of a Technology club while pulling a 4.0 average. However, I feel like I did the best I could for a Freshman student entering an unknown place with a sea of unknown faces.

I would tell myself to be strong and independent. That making friends is easy once you find the right people. That you are here to study and become the person you want to be. Since I was in a very bad car accident three months before going to school, some days I was in so much pain I could barely walk. I would tell myself to take care of my body and use Ramapo's resources to heal quicker. I would take better care of my body and mind. I would tell myself to join more clubs and make sure I become an active member in my community to help benefit the lives of others more often and to have a meaningful college experience. College is sometimes portrayed as one big party, but the richest, most valuable lessons are the ones that you take from the classroom and from helping others.

Alyssa

Don't hesitate to socialize but manage your time so that you get your work gets done in a timely manner so you don't have to rush last minute. Get started on papers when the assignment is given and don't be afraid to ask the proffessor to clarify what he/she wants. My biggest word of advice would be use the library. The dorm room can be too distracting to get work done in. This may sound uptight but make a plan as to how you will manage work and fun. it will help things go much more smoothly.

Marissa

I would tell myself that there is no reason to be anxious about the transition; everyone go and gets through it. I would advise myself to work on study habits and time management because it is imperative to have a balanced life in college.

Jacob

Back when I graduated High School I was really afraid to try and go to college but now my younger sister is going and it looks like fun so I've decided to give it a try and I would tell myself not to be afraid and that college is an adventure worth taking. I would also say not to worry about tuition because there are lots of Scholarship and Grant opportunities out there to help me pay for everything, this scholarship for example would really help me with college because I don't really have any money to pay for it out of pocket so I hope you'll give me your full consideration.

Becky

I would likely tell myself to get a part-time job. Money is very necessary for a college education and it is a good idea to get a head start. I would suggest that I at least start putting in applications for various jobs and to start saving. In addition to that, I would tell myself to start visiting more colleges, that way I'd be able to see more options. Also, I would tell myself to start looking at majors. To begin looking at the exact difference between a major in electrical engineering and computer engineering, that way I'd be able to make a more informed decision when deciding which classes to take. This would also help because then I would know whether or not I want a degree in engineering or just a mathematics degree. I would also tell myself to be more outgoing and get to know more people.

Kristi

To give myself time in picking a major and to attend a 2 year school at first. It would allow me time to decide what I really want to do.

Quasha

If i could go back to my senior year knowing what I know right now, I would advise myself to do the same as I did before; go in open minded and don't be afraid of change. I feel as though I prepared myself well enough and that is why I am where I am today. I came into Ramapo very open minded, seeking change and getting involved in all I could. So when asked if I would change anything, my answer is simply nothing at all because I like where I am and where I'm headed.

Kayla

I would tell myself to seriously think about my life goals. Rather than automatically major in English, I should explore my options more. Maybe I would have discovered my passion for the environment earlier on, had I actually done that. I'd tell myself to stop blindly believing that I will automatically become a novelist someday. It's not an easy field to get into and you don't necessarily need to go to college for it, if you already know how to write. I would tell myself that it really is no big deal going to community college. There is no shame in it. All sorts of people go and it's a great way to save money and find out what you really want to do with your life. I'd tell myself not to lose touch with those friends that are closest to you. They know you better than anyone else and you need each other, even if you don't know it yet. Finally, I'd tell myself congratulations on never having a drink in high school. It made it easy to focus on academics rather than on partying in college.

Jena

If I were to go back and give myself advice, the first thing I would say is to really start thinking about what you want to do. College isn't like highschool. If you don't know exactly what it is you want to strive for, you can get stuck taking extra classes or wasting money. I would also tell myself to relax. The admission process is a super stressful time, but it all seems to work out in the end. Know what you want to do, love yourself and take it one day at a time.

Ilana

Remember what they say in high school and how the tests and papers are written.

Alison

I would tell myself not to transfer. I would have wanted to go to Ramapo for all the four years and live on campus all four years.

Julianne

I would give myself the advice to look forward to learning and new experiences and to take every opportunity that comes my way.

Kelly

Do not be worried that you did not get into your first choice school. You broadened your horizons and chose the right school for you. Ramapo was the perfect choice and you will be completely happy there.

Masae

I would give the advice to myself or any high school senior to really think about what I would want to do after college, for a career, and what would make me the most happy. Knowing this ahead of time saves precious time and money during college, and helps you make sure you graduate on time. I entered college undecided, and I'm paying the price for it now- I might not be able to graduate on time, now that I know what I want to major in. I would also tell anyone to get involved on campus, make connections with upperclassmen and faculty, and get to know your professors, since this will help more than anything else to open up your opportunities for success during college and after you graduate. Lastly, go ahead and take risks. Start saying yes to (healthy) things you normally would just pass up. Volunteer and go exploring, since this is your time to really see your place in the world!

Ji

find more about the school you want to go to. college visit helps alot.

Joanna

The advice I would give myself would be to not rely on what other friends say on where I choose to apply. I would remind myself about the expierience I am having now and about how I absolutely love my school and the time I am having here.

Allison

Apply to the schools you are interested in even if you think you may not get in, there is always a chance that you are what they are looking for. The SAT and GPA scores listed on the web sites are averages, which means that there are people with scores higher and lower than the averages. Visit the schools, go on campus tours, and take the time and opportunities to meet faculty and staff. You also want to choose a school that you feel comfortable at, not just that you want to eventually fit in to. Be openminded about each school until you are certain you do not want to go there. Don't let a good opportunity pass you by based on previous misconceptions of the school. And if you can't decide on a college in the end, make a pro/con list!

Peter

Some advice I would give to students about finding the right college is look for the college that fits your personality. One that is not too big, too city, too small, too rural. Find the right mix of all of that and you'll feel comfortable being away. Also, visit as many open houses as you can , talk to the professors, see how engaging they are in conversation, how interested they are in having you as one of their students. Make friends as soon as you can, because by the second semester, many people have formed their clicks and settled in to a routine. Be confident. To parents; you cannot choose where your child is going to be happiest, only he or she knows. This is the point where you have to let them pick their path and decide their future for themselves. Help is of course appreciated, but try not to be overwhelming. College comes once, and for many, it defines where the rest of their lives will go.

Kristen

There is definitely a lot of reseach involved. It is best to visit a bunch of schools even if your aren't sure you will like them. That way you are able to narrow down your choices to those in which you are very interested. I suggest visiting schools over weekeds during the summer going into senior year or even weekends during junior year. Doing this allows one to keep focused during senior year and narrow down which applications can be sent out. Although application fees can be somewhat expensive, I suggest applying to as many schools as possible and there will be no regrets later on. I love my school but I sometimes have regrets for not appling to other schools that may have been good for me as well. After acceptance is delievered and the choice of college is dwindling, it would be best to make a final trip to the top three or four schools to get a better idea of exactly you are looking for in a school. It might even be a good idea to stay over night to get a real experience. After all, you will be spending the next four years there.

Finding the right college is an exciting time for students. At the sane time, however, some may be more excited about leaving the nest rather than analyzing how colleges will help them achieve professional success. While parents can't force their kids to attend a specific school, they can guide them in the right direction. First, establish whether you want to live home or go away; if you are going away, think about how often you want to come home so the distance correlates with what you want. Next, think of the personal and educational benefits of attending a big or small college. Bigger colleges offer more social activities and you graduate holding a well-known school name; smaller schools offer a more intimate learning environment. Equally important is identifying some of the majors that interest you and making sure your potential college has a reputable program in that department. Lastly, figure out your personal interests and needs. If you prefer city life over a rural area, try to find a school that fits your other criteria in the city. If you have a disability, make sure the campus is accessible and provides services to help you succeed.

Natalia

Finding the right college and making the most of the college experience is hard. I advise all students to apply to as many colleges as possible. To all parents, I would advise them to help their children visit as many colleges if possible. Unfortunately, the procrastinator that I was then, applied to colleges at the last minute during my senior year in school. I was on time for deadlines but I didn't look for as many colleges as I should have because I was worrying about the colleges that I was already applying to. I wasn't sure about which college I wanted to attend because I did not find the spare time to look for colleges on the internet. Though I preferred going out-of-state, I knew that attending a school in-state would cost less. At the end, one out of five colleges that I applied to, accepted me. To accept was my only choice; I really wanted to go to college. But I had financial problems at the school and ended up transferring to a school where I am now content. I believe that what I've experienced would not have happened if I procrastinated.

Choosing the right college for you can be a difficult and frusterating process. My advice wuold be to choose several colleges or universities and list them in the order of your preference. When making your list, some things to take into account are the cost of tuition, location, degrees offered, and on-campus housing. After the list is completed, visit each campus and discuss with current students about the social activities and what they feel the campus has to offer. Parents may be concerned with any drug and alcohol use on campus, which is something that should be taken seriously. Talking with a person who works on campus and reading the rules and regulations in the schools' booklets will have the most information. Also, check to see if there are any schoalrships available to help make payments easier. Once you have narrowed down your choices, the rest of the decision should be based on what you feel would personally benefit you the most.

Charles

College is not for everyone, but for those who choose to go, make sure you absoultely love your school! Knowing which one you like, love, or just believe is the best option is a conclusion that may be hard to make, or one that may come too easily. Without living at the school, or spending enough time there to fully grasp its every aspect, will often leave a student with a false image of what the college truly offers. This is why my best, and one piece of advice I can offer prospective students is to be proactive! It always helps to know your goals and dreams that way you know what to look for in the school and how the school and guide you along. Get to know these aspects well because they may not always be what they seem and by then, it could be too late. Research the school. Ask questions to students and teachers to get the real side of things an inside perspective. Know that college is your choice, not anyone else's. If you're ever unhappy, then speak up and make changes because it's definitely not worth the suffering. Good Luck!