Ramapo College of New Jersey

« See more reviews of Ramapo College of New Jersey

Before entering Ramapo College I wish I had known that the school has no weekend life and does not allow for much of a social life. During my first campus tour, the tour guide let us prospective students in on some of the details from school, but forgot to mention that the school was a suitecase school; meaning that everyone packs up and goes home on the weekends. For someone dorming at college, I certainly do not want to go home every weekend, so that would happen to be the one thing I wish i knew before enrolling into school.

I wish I knew how to get more involved in campus activities. Also, I wish I had made more friends in clubs and other Ramapo-affiliated events. I would also tell myself that you must take risks and study hard. Making friends may be difficult, but in the end you find out the meaning of great friends. Talk to professors too and discuss the future and your life and any other intellectual aspect while you are here. Also, make use of the gym and other fabulous facilities to stay healthy!

I wish i had known that there is an experiential component that is mandatory for all general education classes. It is required that the student goes outside of the classroom to participate in an activity or volunteering that would relate to the class they are taking in order to comprehend the materials from an outside perspective. Although it is difficult, it is a challenge and it is very beneficial to each class.

I wish i would've known more about the class environment, mainly focusing on teacher quality, class size, and work load. Teachers at this school are undoubtedly knowledgeable, but lack in teaching ability and open-mindedness...I wish i had known this before I came here.

Before I came to this school I wish I had known what the outlook on the field of School Psychology will be after i graduate so I can better prepare myself for the possible competitive nature of others while applying for jobs.

I basically knew alot about my school and i had alot of knowledge in learning. I do not wish i have known nothing m,ore than what i did.

I wish I knew how much I would truely love Ramapo College because it would have saved me money and time with applying to other colleges!

I wish I knew about scholarships. I wish I knew that I didn't have to work off everything and that I could get help paying for college.

I wish I had known that commuter students were so disconnected with resident students.

I wish I had known how hard it would be to manage my time well at school.