Lynchburg, VA
Randolph College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Randolph College

Heather

Randolph college is a really good college whether it be the size or the food or the safety. Even though the college may be small there are many benefits tot eh small college. It does not take long to get to your classes and you can find your classes easily. Since the class sizes are small you can get to know your fellow students and your teachers a lot better compared to having a giant class. The food is ok at dining hall. Even though the dining hall is only open at certain times of the day you can food throughout the day whether it be at do in hall or skellar. The safety of the college is very good. They make sure to patrol the ground all the time and if you need help and are afraid to walk around you can call security and they will come and help you. Overall the College is really good!!

Alexis

Randolph is a family. Our small number of students creates a close-knit environment. Our small class sizes allow students to become close to their professors, and allow students to let their voices be heard. At Randolph, you are truly an individual. The campus is small but gorgeous, full of hills and old trees. Our staff is friendly and always accommodating. Even though news travels fast on such a small campus, our school traditions, continued from when we were Randolph-Macon Woman's College, create a strong school spirit and a bond between sister classes.

Jin

i attended Randolph College from 2015, the longer i study here, the deeper i love here! this is small, but close-knitted community. in addition to the nice campus, good facilities, it is easier to access to professors and staff, and they are very nice. Don't think there are less opportunities to research and internship because of its small size, but actually it is just the opposite. I have participated a full- scholarship research in the just past summer. We also have a variety of after-class activities and clubs. Anyway, I bet you won't feel bored on campus!

Margaret

The dorms are not the best. If you get placed into one of the halls that does not have air conditioning you are fine, but main is hot. The school is definitely a place the fosters friendship. If you are a person that wants to go out and not know anyone at a party Randolph is NOT the place for you. You really do become like a little family, with all the ups and downs. Many freshman leave after the first semester for that reason, they don't know how to behave at a small school where you literally know everyone. The staff is amazing my professors all care about my education and I know that in future years they will still care about me and my career aspirations.

Brianna

Randolph College is an interesting place to be. For an individual that worries about being around lots of people and potentially getting lost, a school like this is great; commutes to class are breezy and class sizes are good sizes: my largest class was about 35 people and my smallest class was 5 people. The downside is that tuition is steady climbing to an IV league institution price, so that's something to think about. People are close-knit and from what I've seen it doesn't take long to find your group.

Amber

Very good. The school is focused on academics and liberal arts. There are also multiple social events, from poetry readings, to sports events. There is something going on almost everyday. There are a few teaks here and there that should be noted, such as the rooms and electricity. Since Freshman year in 2014, the school has had at least 3 brownouts/blackouts. However, the campus is small, which is what I wanted.

Temuge

Well my classmates at Central Peidmont Community college are all very friendly. I have not had a single problem with any of them and I hope I never do if I ever plan to tattend there again. They are about as great of classmates as they could be. They will help you when you need it but to be curdious you should return the favor. These are grea friends to have but sadly they would not be life long friends because most of us seem to haveb groups of friends we preffer to be around.

Before starting college I would advise that you find out what you really want to do for your career. I have heard it time and time again, but remember the workforce you go into is what you are going to be doing for the rest of your life pretty much. If you are not happy in your field of study don't force it upon yourself. I would recommend that you use your years in highschool to figure out what you enjoy doing for a career such as interning or even visiting as place that allows you to experience the field in real time. Having this knowledge of yourself will not only help out in college so you don't waste time in school but also help out your whole life because that is where you will most likley stay in your career path. Finally important thing that I would advise to myself about would be to take my grades and classes seriously. School is a necessity and if you are wanting to be successful in life hard work and schooling should be a constant factor that should be kept in mind for everyone especially myself.

Before I attended CPCC, I wish I knew about how crutial it is for anyone to start the college process early. I have always been a little late to do things but this is one of the things I regret because I spent 2 years now at a 2-year college making no real friends and not playing college soccer thinking it would suffice, but the education I got it great and within these 2 years I have found out about myself more than I did in the 21 years of living.

Nada

RMWC was a liberal, diverse, and strong educational woman's institution where sisterhood bloomed and becoming strong and independent was fostered.

I would tell myself to have more fun and take more risks. I was concentrated on academics and while I did have a social life I was afraid sometimes to try new things. I think I should have enjoyed my youth and experimented with more things in order to learn more about myself and others. I would also tell myself to be more organized earlier on (i.e. taking internships more seriously) and not to stress out as much as I did. That would have helped me enjoy myself and not put so much pressure on myself. Lastly, I would have told myself to participate in more traditions, save more memorabilia, and really try to network with alumni and other people outside my group since my school is now co-ed and I do cherish those memories even more.

Someone who is open-minded, smart, friendly, and likes traditions.

Patrick

We are best known for our traditions, even-odd class rivalry, tacky party and secret societies.

Understand the financial aspects of going to college. It isn't fun to get there and realize you don't have enough to stay. Make sure you have all of your finances in order early on. Find your niche in the community. There is always something for everybody you just have to go out and discover where you belong. Don't become recluse becuase you will never survive. When picking the right school, make sure that you know what you want. Don't judge a school by its size, political ideals, religious ideals. It's all about education. Sometimes the smaller schools are best becuase you will get great faculty to student ratios and there will be no TAs or grad students teaching classes, only the professors. The professors, more times then not, are also holding the highest possible degree in their field and are the best to learn from.

Being in the secomd class that is fully co-ed.

Catherine

The culture and history found in this place. We went co-ed for 2008. It's like beginning a whole new chapter.

Start early and never jump the gun on what the "right fit" is. Don't pressure yourself [or your children] into something - college, major, class, whatever. That's the only thing to say about it.

Someone who gets stressed out easily, or is emotionally fragile. Someone who is there to kick back and "have fun" [read: drink]. It's hard work.

Randolph College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.